[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pasta Shape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: fusilli.jpg (58KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
fusilli.jpg
58KB, 700x500px
Which one is objectively the best and why is it fusilli?
>>
>not farfalle
>>
>>9052781
My personal favorite too. It just has the perfect shape to hold as much sauce as possible.
>>
>>9052781
Papardelle always
>>
I like Conchiglie
>>
Why does this thread keep happening? I come here like twice a week and every time I do, there is a "which pasta shape is best" and nobody ever includes the sauce or anything that they're asking about. Different shapes work for different sauces. You cannot answer the question of just "which is best" because one that is best for sauce A may suck with sauce B. I like Spongebob shaped pasta the best.
>>
>>9052837
It's known as shitposting, anon.
>>
>>9052840
Sure anon, so much worse than the daily Jack or McChicken thread.
>>
>>9052843
It doesn't make it any better just because you see every one else doing it. That's how 13 year old girls get drunk for the first time. How 11 year old boys have their first cigarette. It's more cool to not be the cool one.
>>
File: 14761141445531350127.jpg (3MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
14761141445531350127.jpg
3MB, 3000x2000px
>>9052781
fusilli a shit
>>
>he doesn't think farfelle is best
>>
>>9052781
Rigatoni or gnocchi depending on the dish my uncultured swine
>>
Penne or Farfalle
>>
Angel hair pasta is basically flawless, also takes like 2 minutes to cook.
>>
>>9052837
People always regurgitate this meme, but I think it's bullshit. I don't believe that most pastas are chosen for some "optimum sauce" idea. I think it's usually just tradition to use one pasta over another.

If somebody knows a link to some blog or whatever where they test how much of different types of sauce different types of pasta hold, I'd love to see it.
>>
File: Vesuvio-pasta.jpg (25KB, 600x258px) Image search: [Google]
Vesuvio-pasta.jpg
25KB, 600x258px
>>9053362
I'm sure there is tradition involved, but you don't have to be a genius or a master chef to see that different shapes of pasta do indeed hold sauces differently.

Take a look at the fusili in the OP photo. It has many narrow crevices in it thanks to the spiral shape. That will hold a ton of sauce, but it won't hold any chunks in the sauce (like pieces of tomato, bits of meat, etc.) because those are too large to fit into the cracks. Something like that would be great for a generic "red sauce". OTOH, consider serving that with a heavy sauce, like Alfredo. It would also hold the Alfredo sauce really well, which would make the resulting dish too rich. There would be too much sauce relative to the pasta given how rich Alfredo sauce is. So for a rich sauce like that you'd pick a pasta that has fewer cracks and crevices such that it holds less sauce. The classic choice of Fettuccine is perfect because the flat noodles don't hold anywhere near as much of the rich sauce.

Or look at pic related. Vesuvio. This is my favorite to use for sauces that contain ground meat because its crevices are large enough that the bits of ground meat can fit down inside them. It also has a lot of texture given it's shape which complements the meaty bits in the sauce very well.
>>
>>9052781
Action Man bow ties are the best.
>>
File: thefeels.jpg (210KB, 965x977px) Image search: [Google]
thefeels.jpg
210KB, 965x977px
>>9053408
Sometimes if I'm feeling fancy, I might just wear one to dinner.
>>
>>9052781
Mezzi Rigatoni is GOAT at holding chunky sauces. Fusilli is p good at thinner sauces though (like great mac n' cheese).
>>
Don't you guys know how to pick up the sauce and pieces with your forks? What's up with this "holding" business?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.