[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sooo am I missing something here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What's the deal?

Massdrop has the M250C 10.2" fry pan for $150
Ebay has the same M250C frying pan in the same size, for $575. There is also an amazon seller who has one at $350.

So I'm guessing massdrop just has an amazing price or something? Anyone see a reason I shouldnt jump on this?
>>
>>9049535
I don't know anything about massdrop, but there's a chance that they are selling "b stock"--in other words, goods that still work, but might have some tiny cosmetic flaw which prevents it from being sold at full price. It might also simply be overstock or leftover inventory from a shop that went out of business and was liquidated.

Also, you find plenty of ridiculously high prices on Ebay and Amazon. As an example, I just had to buy some lockout-tagout locks for my business. I looked to Ebay to find some deals. For the exact same product (same part number) I found prices anywhere from $10 to $300. I've seen the same when buying DVDs or Blu-Ray from Amazon. Most sellers might have the title you want for around $20 or so. But there's often some outlier asking $150 for the same exact thing. Some times people list things online for insane prices. I've seen used goods listed on Ebay at a higher price than you can buy the exact same thing brand new.
>>
>>9049564
Well this particular size and style (2.5mm thickness with cast iron handle) isn't sold as an individual piece by Mauviel, it's only sold as part of a 5, 8 or 10 piece set. (starting at $1000 for the small set)

So to find the 10" pan as an individual piece is already fairly abnormal, which is why amazon and ebay prices are so high.
>>
>>9049564
ebay shit is always overpriced, i was just on k and a muzzle flash thing sold for like 500 bucks, someone posted the pic of the thing from the original seller for 125.
also
>people buying 300 dollar rails for 1.2k

idk whats wrong with them.

ive never heard anything about mass drop before though, idk how shifty that shit is. for a price like that it looks shifty.

so like the other guy said might be blems for cheap.
>>
File: 2017-06-10 11.24.34.jpg (2MB, 3965x2609px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-10 11.24.34.jpg
2MB, 3965x2609px
I'm the guy who bought the 8" version of that on massdrop 2 weeks ago it just arrived the other day.

From what I can tell it's brand new, no obvious blemishes. Sorta wish I had waited on this drop now though.
Maybe I'll just get this one too...
>>
>>9049535
the M250 has 2.5mm of copper
the M150 has 1.5mm

The M150 is ok for smaller pieces but primarily exists to fill a market demand for display pieces from people who watch youtube instead of cooking

Julia Child always said (in not these exact terms) that you should get no less than 2.5mm copper
>>
>>9049605
Yeah, that's why i'm actually considering buying it.

I normally avoid copper that's cheap because it's almost always too thin to be of much use, but at 2.5mm it's actually good quality.
>>
>>9049628
oh, I didn't look at the thumb

I might buy this too
>>
>>9049642
Yeah I joined the drop earlier, price is fantastic for the size.
>>
>>9049564
mass drop buys these things in bulk to get a better price
>>
Looks like they only had 25 units. Was at 23 an hour ago, just checked back and the drop is no longer active.
>>
Do Americans really call frying pans 'fry pans'? Do you call baking trays 'bake trays' too?
>>
>>9049535
Massdrop's whole shtick is being way cheaper but they're not a regular storefront, they only do one batch and only if they get enough orders.

Why would you ask this here instead of reading any of the information on their site or from a quick google that gives you the entire premise of their store.
>>
I've bought speakers from massdrop before. They were 200 bucks but I got them for 150. The only problem is they took a month to ship. It's legit if you were wondering.
>>
Fuck i missed out on it. Saw it yesterday and was going to place the order today since it had 4 days left but apparently it sold out.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.