[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is falafel a thing now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (135KB, 708x877px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 708x877px
Why is falafel a thing now?
>>
>>9049307
It's been a thing everywhere for centuries I'm sorry that Ahmed just moved to your flyover town and drove an Applebee's out of business with his superior cooking.
>>
>>9049307
It's old hat even here in the land of Tater Tot Hotdish. Where are you?
>>
stop presuming my nationality
>>
>>9049347
Stop acting like a fat flyover poster and people will stop treating you like one.
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
Plz no bullying cube im finnish
>>
>>9049307
Falafel has been popular for years.
It's fucking tasty as fuck.
>>
>>9049307
Manhattan had falafel before it had McDonald's. It's hardly breaking news here.
>>
Pretty much the only differences between flyover and ME food is that one has lots of casseroles, and one is halal, uses chickpeas, and seasons everything with cumin. Otherwise:

>Uses an abundance of red meat
>What isn't grilled is usually deep fried
>Tons of mayo-based sauces
>Fucking BREAD
>Cheese and beans out the ass
>Vegetables relegated to side dishes at best
>>
>>9049646
>mayo based == yoghurt based
retard
>>
>>9049307
Meme or not, it's fucking delicious.
>>
>>9049340
OP's lucky Ahmed is even there.
>>
bost ur falafel recipes
1/2lb (weighed dry) chickpeas soaked
1 big yellow or white onion, preference
5 cloves garlic
big bunch of parsley
little bunch of cilantro
1 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp ground chili
1tsp black pepper
1tsp coriander seed
little bitta oil
1/4 cup or more of flour, make it slightly dough-y

add an egg if it falls apart when you try to fry it
add some peas, beans, amaranth, or other veg protein if you're autistic or lifting

throw that shit in your chopper, chop it until it's shapeable

make little balls or patties or whatever the fuck you want
fry it in oil, baking is for morans

put that shit in a pita, add some other shit if you like. salsa, mango chutney, various cold salads, whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>9049679
I tend to prefer fava bean falafel because Egyptian style is better than Isreali. The recipe I use is the one the Guardian has on their site, but I double the amount of spices.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/20/worlds-best-falafel-recipe-henry-dimbleby-back-to-basics
>>
File: falafel.jpg (216KB, 711x1600px) Image search: [Google]
falafel.jpg
216KB, 711x1600px
>>9049307
I made this back in 2011-12.
>>
>>9049667
>meme
'tard.
>>
>>9049307
>now

Hello flyover
>>
>>9049661
Close enough desu.
>>
File: 1464650064038.gif (4MB, 280x229px) Image search: [Google]
1464650064038.gif
4MB, 280x229px
>>9049307
Ohhh no you fucing dont. Not a meme, not a "thing". Food damn as old as the world as we know it. You're observation is bad. And you should feel bad.
>>
Falafel is delicious, pretty inexpensive, and is a good source of protein if you don't want meat for every meal.
>>
>>9049894
>meme food
>meme
You just proved yourself wrong with your retardation.
>>
>>9049901
He actually deleted it.
What a fag.
>>
>>9049750
10/10
>>
>>9049726
You want a piece of me?
>>
>>9050003
Fuck, no!
Stay away, retard.
>>
>>9050011
Iiiiiiiiiiii'm cumin to getcha!!!!! Dufifjrjrishhssh
>>
>there are many no-name 6/10 actress stalkers across boards
>>
because it's one of the like...6 things vegetarians can eat which actually taste like food
>>
>>9049646
>middle eastern food
>cheese out the ass
>mayo
>beans
>vegetables relegated to side dishes at best
my little anon can't be this retarded
>>
>>9050157
Sugar and fat addicted murrican detected. Lemme guess, vegetables alone taste awful right. And fruits are boring.
>>
>>9050170
the only vegetable is iceberg lettuce and the only fruit is marshmallow salad
t. flyover
>>
>>9050166
>middle eastern food doesn't have beans
Fucking moron
>>
>>9049340
Longer than that, they date back to the Copts in Egypt in around the 3rd century AD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falafel#History

With the right toppings they are really nice.
>>
>>9049646
Fly overs dont even eat beans besides disgusting canned baked shit
>>
>>9050222
Not that guy but you are retarded. It doesn't have beans out the ass. I assume you think it does because hummus and falafel because of chickpeas?
How do you even function?
>>
>>9049408
I am sorry about your autism.
>>
>>9049307
>now
>>
>>9050529
tbf fava beans factor in heavily to that region's cuisine.
>>
>>9050529
>>9050166
>assblasted nu-male in denial that he's still eating basically the same thing that his parents made for him that he's spent his twenties running away from.
HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA
>>
>>9049307
>Why is falafel a thing now?
I'm gonna say falafels peaked around 1990 in Miami, and probably the same in New York. In Miami, every mall and neighborhood had a source for them, as did my high school lunch cafeteria! Comparatively, only some were as good as the cart in front of the Coral Gables post office, what with the optional "spice" smear of hot green chilies (still craving that). Daily Bread bakery had the yummy pickled cabbage topping and the softest bread that was literally 10 minutes old out of the bakery. When I moved to D.C. there was more arab style kebab house choices, moving away from the fresher tahini, and more towards uhh dry overcooked meats and pitas and those kinds of joints who were imitating turkish/donair/kebab/inferior sweet-sauced pita sandwiches. Needless to say if the sauce was crap, then the falafels were also hard and kept lukewarm under a warming lamp, hours after making. Disgusting.
Bad cooks are bad cooks. Stuff that comes out of a fryer should have been made to order, duh.

Afghani restaurant in Arlington and Lebanese Taverna were my favorites in D.C.

If you are unsure if you've ever had a good falafel, you can probably make the mix and do a better job than most bad places. There's a creaminess inside that melts when it's made fresh. Protip: you don't need to use the whole box, use the falafel mix as shake n bake for your chicken tendies for a hit of flavor and great crunch.
>>
>>9050915
It was mainstream across the USA for sure in 1997 when in the Simpsons marge's competition got a falafel/pita truck to beat her pretzel business.

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/The_Twisted_World_of_Marge_Simpson
>>
File: 1472922197619.jpg (32KB, 400x439px) Image search: [Google]
1472922197619.jpg
32KB, 400x439px
>>9049307

>now

guaranteed replies
>>
File: lel.png (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
121KB, 1920x1080px
>>9050879
That's some real nice projection, anon.
>>
I thought falafel was meat until I was 35.

Fuck those tricky falafel dealers.
>>
I could not understand until I got QUALITY tahini and oh my god. Oh my god
>>
Hipsters have been trying to push these ethnic foods for years but like pho, shwarma, and quinoa they haven't really caught on outside of their demo. The most ethnic foods eaten are pizza, spaghetti, hotdogs, hamburgers, and tacos/burritos. Eggrolls and sushi are still exotic for most. They really are just chickpea hushpuppies but there isn't a single place here who sells them and I live in a suburb of NYC. Even regular hushpuppies I can only get at a Nathan's in the mall with a Arthur Treacher's seafood meal.
>>
>>9051283
>he took the time to take a screenshot and post it
>implying it doesn't apply to both of you
>le projection meme means you never have to face reality
*deep breath* AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHHAHAAHAHAH
>>
>>9049345
that's a good land to be in
>>
>>9051424
It takes you a long time to take a screenshot?
Seriously bro, how do you function?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.