[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ck/, I was hoping you might be able to help me out with an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1497029083349.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497029083349.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
Hi /ck/, I was hoping you might be able to help me out with an issue I'm having.

So I'm currently on a calorie surplus as I'm working out. I have everything calculated and planned out in terms of food. However, my lunch is so large that I have trouble eating it - as in, I will physically be so full that I feel like throwing up (on occasion I have actually had to hold myself back from chucking).

Currently, my lunch consists of:

>100g spinach
>150g (when dry) whole wheat pasta
>150g chicken
>50g green pesto sauce
>2 tbsp olive oil

This comes in at around (not including the olive oil)

>800 kcal
>16g Fat
>96g Carbs
>58g Protein

Would anyone be able to help with some calorie dense foods I could potentially replace the pasta/pesto with? I really don't mind taking in less carbs, but the protein would have to be roughly the same.
>>
>>9046256
Pesto is mostly oil, and oil is about as calorically dense as it gets, thus it's going to be hard to improve upon the pesto.

The pasta could be replaced by something more fatty.

I had a similar problem several years ago. My solution was to eat a smaller lunch, and then eat a big snack later in the afternoon. In my case I brought some high-protein bars to work and kept them in my desk drawer. I'd eat one around 3 PM.
>>
>>9046256
Why would you not replace the spinach?
Why would you not replace the chicken with a fattier meat?

Why would you try and replace the two most calorically dense items first?
>>
>>9046272
The main reason that I'm trying to keep away from smaller lunches and more snacks is because I already spend an hour+ in the evening preparing food. It doesn't sound like much, but when you get back from work at half 5 and go to bed at 9/10, it really eats into your evening.

Currently I do the following:

>~8:30 - 9am; ~50g oats, 1 banana, whole milk, protein powder
>~12:30 Lunch (non gym day) or protein shake (gym day)
>~1:30 - 2 Protein shake (non gym day) or Lunch (gym day)
>~4:30 Protein shake
>~7-8 Dinner

I even shove 1 tbsp peanut butter into each shake for those calories (more than the protein, I already get plenty of protein).

Just this fucking lunch is the only hard thing for me to eat.

I guess I could just eat a relatively small lunch and then gobble down 100g of peanuts?
>>
>>9046312
Budget.

I like spinach and it's healthy af.

Chicken has pretty much the best protein content and I dislike fatty meats. It's also dirt cheap and freezes well.

>150g of chicken: 36g protein
>150g ground beef: ~20g protein

Pesto only goes because of the pasta going.

The pasta goes because it's fucking huge when cooked and makes me want to vomit once its all sitting in my stomach.
>>
>>9046361
Also this way I go through 1 300g container of chicken a day. Its really handy with the budgeting and with storage/cooking.
>>
>>9046361
Vegetables are expensive. Kcal/$
Chicken is also more expensive. Kcal/$

I don't know what pesto you are buying but that shit should be like 50% fat.

If all you really want to replace is the pasta just buy some ice cream or cake. That's the only way I see you upping those calories.
>>
>>9046347
>because I already spend an hour+ in the evening preparing food

Packing a simple snack doesn't take any appreciable effort or time.

I wasn't suggesting you prepare Saddle of Veal Prinz Orloff as an afternoon snack, just eat a handful of nuts. A protein bar or shake. A simple sandwich, etc.
>>
>>9046398
Thanks mate but I don't need you to tell me the price of the stuff in the supermarket down the road from me.

Good on you for recommending me to get diabetes. You say pasta is dense, but in terms of physical size, its calorie density isn't impressive. That dry pasta turns to roughly 300g of pasta once cooked. Thats 300g for 516 calories.

To reach the same protein content with beef I'd be using something like 250g of it. That's not really helping reduce the physical presence of the meal.
>>
>>9046409
To be honest i'll probably just do this. I could just cut the pasta out entirely, eat 100g of peanuts and actually end up with more calories than if I were eating the pasta. And more Protein.
>>
>>9046256
No need for that much carbs, especially if you eat carbs at every meal. Same with spinach. Spinach is great, and if you enjoy it great. But if your getting too full in general cut back on the spinach a little too. Replace with equal calories in avocado. Or other fat like cheese
>>
>>9046432
>bulking involves cutting back on carbs
Retard.
>>
>>9046438
Did I tell him to go keto, moron? He doesn't need 300g a day and he's complaining he had too much food to eat. Fucking learn something
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.