[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pot Roast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Pic not mine btw. /ck/ I can't stop making pot roast. This is the third week I've made one. Mine has more vegetable though, and I go back and forth on adding potatoes.

Not only is pot roast delicious, but its also a really economical dish. Like it costs $25 and lasts me 6 days, for 2 meals each day.

I like to pick and choose from the following:
2lb+ Chuck Roast or Eye of Round Roast
Carrot
Onion
Celery
Mushroom
Peas
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Olives
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Potato
Snap Peas
Garbanzo Beans

I'm eating a bowl as I type this. Anyone else like pot roast?
>>
Probably my favorite food

Although I like it to be closer to goualsh. Not really a soup but not just meat and vegetables either. More like where everything falls apart and forms like a sauce
>>
>>9044497
I like it, but I don't make it quite so often. I also don't get as adventurous with the vegetables as you. I go with the traditional potatoes, onions, carrots, and celery. What seasonings you using anon? Do you sear before you roast?
>>
>>9044512
I always sear. The last two weeks I also happened to be making some taco meat outside on the grill with a cast iron pan, because its starting to get hot enough that I'll try to do more cooking outside. Anyway I seared the roasts on the grill, adds some smokiness I think.

Like the vegetables, seasonings vary. I usually try to pair them with the vegetables I'm using:
Garlic, fresh crushed or diced
pepper
salt
chilli flakes
Fresh rosemary
Fresh marjoram
Fresh Basil
Bay leaves
Ground Chipotle
Cayenne
Paprika

Or I get lazy and just throw in a liptons onion soup packet. Another thing I always do is use Beef stock. It just ends up being better than water and "better than bouillon".
>>
>>9044506
Been awhile since I've had it like that. Would probably be amazing with some fresh made bread.
>>
I make similar roasts all the time. I generally put a rub on the meat. Usually composed of a bunch of paprika, cayenna powder, garlic powder, etc
>>
>>9044643
Nice. Only thing I can recommend to you is adding a little Worchestershire, fish, or soy sauce with your beef stock. Should take that savory flavor to the next level.
>>
>>9045494
2nding this.
>>
>>9044648
this+bread=best way to eat pot roast
>>
>>9044643
>rosemary
>marjoram
god i love that shit
>>
>>9044497
OP, I can eat off one a couple days too, but I hope you're not refrigerating (vs freezing) that and going a whole 6 days. That can get you food poisoning.

I immediately freeze half into individual sizes.

When I unfreeze it 1) I heat it up, add onion, and stir in sour cream and paprika to simmer, before serving over egg noodles. Or 2) I make ropa vieja or vaca frita (my preference), cuban style. Sautee onions in olive oil, add a pinch of cumin, lime or vinegar, and push to side of pan. Add fork shredded beef, and continue to sautee the shredded meat until crisp edged (frita), or add some tomatoes or more gravy for ropa vieja. Top with pimentos. Serve with rice, or moros rice and plantains. Sometimes I make lime cilantro rice, like Chipotle style.
>>
>>9044497
it's an excellent go to dinner for me when I don't know what to do since its so simple and delicious
also, the gf loves it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.