[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: gin.jpg (147KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
gin.jpg
147KB, 1280x600px
So I've been getting into gin, but have no idea where to go from here. 0 idea what's good brand to buy, or even good cocktails.

Gin & Elderflower Greyhounds are pretty good though, so I'm willing.
>>
Moscow mules are pretty good, tom Collins if you aren't into ginger beer or a sloe gin fizz for something sweet.
For top tier try old raj, otherwise I'm really into St. George gin and spring 44.
>>
>>9040820

I'll give some of those a try, thanks!
>>
>>9040820
>Moscow mule
>gin

fpwp
>>
>>9040791
Broker's Gin is a good, common gin. If you want to get fucked up for cheap with gin go to costco and buy a big bottle of beefeater for like 15 bucks. It isn't bad. Also I usually only have gin in a mule type drink or neat, it's not the most versatile liquor
>>
>>9040820
trash tier cocktails

OP, make negronis and aviations. best cocktails in existence
>>
For me it's a dry gin martini served freezing cold with a lime twist
>>
File: vl-92-gin.jpg (35KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
vl-92-gin.jpg
35KB, 750x750px
>>9040791
Pic related is my favourite. It's closer to a genever than other gins on the market.

>>9040977
>not buying a handle of kirkland gin

>>9040990
Aviations are a meme, especially since creme de violette is so hard to find.
>>
>>9040820
>sloe
you'se dumm,
>>
Dirty martini's with three olives. Not the brand, but actually three olives to eat, or you've got a poorly made martini. Always stirred, I love 007, but why bruise your gin? New Amsterdam is cheap enough and pretty good. Don't go any cheaper.
>>
File: The-Spirit-of-Gin-Book.jpg (237KB, 1000x713px) Image search: [Google]
The-Spirit-of-Gin-Book.jpg
237KB, 1000x713px
Gin is my absolute favorite spirit, so contribootin.

First off, if you're first getting into Gin the three brands to start with are Beefeater's, Tanqueray and Brokers. Each are pretty inexpensive and won't break your wallet. Taking a step up, depending on where you live you might actually find some local brands which can be hit or miss. NC has a pretty decent distilling scene and I've found a few great ones (along with not so great). A few other suggestions higher up on the price point would be Bluecoat (a really solid American Dry), The Botanist (distilled in the Islay region of Scotland, my bias is mostly due to that being my fave scotch region), and Plymouth (if you can get their Navy Strength spring for that).

Moving on to cocktails, a few of my favorites are:
>East Side Rickey (perfect for summer weather)
>Tom Collins (see above)
>Gin and Tonic (squirt of lime juice and a good tonic water like Fever Tree makes all the difference)
>Gimlet (lime and simple are completely different from using Roses)
>Bijou
>Negroni
>Gordon's Breakfast (comparatively labor intensive but so fucking good, it has a savory flavor akin to a Bloody Mary)
>Pink Gin (ango makes everything better)

I can post the specs if you want, in the meantime pic related is a fun read. Would suggest checking it out.
>>
File: brockmans.jpg (234KB, 1100x1430px) Image search: [Google]
brockmans.jpg
234KB, 1100x1430px
>>9040791
When I'm in the mood for a classic gin and tonic, this is my go-to gin. Delicious but wouldn't want to use it for cocktails
>>
>>9040990
>drinking niggers
>>
>>9040791
Hendrix gin with cucumber and pepper.
Star of bombay with blueberries and mint.
Tanquery nr10 with elderflower and blackberries.
Fevertree tonic in each one. Damn good GTs friend
>>
File: milk_and_cheese.jpg (40KB, 335x319px) Image search: [Google]
milk_and_cheese.jpg
40KB, 335x319px
>>
>>9040791
babbys first "good" gin is hendricks
start there, then you can be a hipster and dabble in 2obscure4u small batch shit from ubeki-beki-bekistan
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.