[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YWN have an orginal McChicken sandwich.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Value.jpg (12KB, 250x145px)
Value.jpg
12KB, 250x145px
Did you know that the McChicken actually used to be larger back in the 1980s? It was a premium sandwich along the lines of the Big Mac and the QPwC. I remember eating one when I was 7. I could barely finish it. They were discontinued and were unavailable for most of the 1990s. The McChicken made a comeback in 1998 when McDonalds introduced the Dollar Menu. They introduced it as a smaller value version of the original sandwich.
>>
intredasting
>>
JUST
>>
MCCHICKY
>>
OP here. Here are some more interesting things I remember about McDonalds:

The McRib came out sometime around 1990. They were available year round until the early / mid 2000s. They were better back in the 90s. Pork prices went up starting in the late 90s. I think they switched recipies around 2000. They didn't taste the same / as good.

Also, the McNuggets were made from mostly dark meet until ~15 years ago. The were absolutely delicious. The "all-white-meat" current McNuggets are completely mediocre nuggies now. The original sauces still taste the same.

I'll post more if there is demand. There have been huge changes in fast food in my lifetime (like free refills).
>>
>>9036712
>>9036719
>>9036736
>>9036744
>>9036753
For me; it's the McChicken, the best fast-food sandwich.
>>
>>9036753
Too bad you weren't alive when beef tallow was the frying agent.

They were still better after their 90s reform (still included "natural flaovrs" before the vegans freaked out) than whatever today's bullshit is though.
>>
>>9036784
Yes, I was. They quit using tallow around 1990 when the "saturated fat" hysteria started. I am pretty sure that was after the McChicken went away. We used to cook everything in lard, tallow, butter, etc. The fries fried in tallow were better, but not as much as others will say (IMHO, of course)

When they quit using beef tallow, though, they actually started adding beef bouillon flavoring to the fries to "replace" the supposed beef flavor from the tallow. Now those were God-Tier. They had to quit when the Sikhs sued them for not actually being vegetarian despite their marketing claims.
>>
>>9036753
>nuggies
I think you mean nuggers.
>>
>>9036712
I remember the mc rib was on the dollar menu too.
>>
>>9036838
I think you mean Nugger(6)
>>
>>9036712
I remember having the original McChicken in Seoul in 1994.

It was never discontinued there.

I also remember the sauce was much richer and more mayonnaise-y than the current McChicken sauce.
>>
>>9036712
The McChicken is still a large sandwich. You're thinking of the Junior Chicken.
>>
>>9036925
Does this mean Americans are more content to eat shit, while McDonalds still has to work to gain the patronage of customers overseas?
>>
>>9036917
I know what I'm going to call my memerap group.
>>
I remember having a spicy chicken sandwich at mcdonalds back when I was younger, was that it or did they have a spicy one they just stopped selling?
>>
>>9036930
Found the leaf

What you call a Junior Chicken is a McChicken here in burgerland. What you call a McChicken is called the Premium Chicken here.
>>
>>9036943
The spicy ones were part of the relaunch in the late 1990s with the dollar menu.
>>
McDonalds is fucking expensive as fuck, dude. Five bucks for a lone sandwich? Fuck that shit.
Dollar menu shit is the only worthwhile purchase.
>>
File: mcdonalds-korea.png (815KB, 1265x1783px) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds-korea.png
815KB, 1265x1783px
>>9036933
The fast food industry is really cut-throat in South Korea.

McDonald's has been releasing Korea-exclusive menu items every quarter to stem the market share loss to no avail.

McDonald's Korean subsidiary has been unprofitable for some time, and American headquarters tried to sell 50% stake to outside investors last year but there were no takers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.