[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got pic related as a gift. Made a steak, it was awesome. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: pc-bt.jpg (26KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pc-bt.jpg
26KB, 1024x1024px
I got pic related as a gift. Made a steak, it was awesome. What else can I cook with it?
>>
>>9036309
are these worth the money or just glorified boil in bag
>>
>>9036322
It's much better than boiling in bag since it requires no effort to keep temp constant. Not sure about the worth, I got it for free so it's a good deal for me.
>>
-fish
-chicken
-ham is super easy especially since it's already vacuum bagged
-pork ribs are to die for
>>
How's that steak with no char treating you?
>>
>>9036322
it's an easy all in one if you have the cash to throw away
if you're good with electronics even a little bit, just wire a plug-in temperature controller and connect it to a basic, non-programmable Crock Pot. fill with water, throw in a tiny aquarium pump and enjoy
>>
Carrots
>>
>>9036322
I like mine. Got it a year and a half ago for $130 on sale.

Steak is great with it but steak isn't too hard to cook normally. where it really shines is long-cook foods. did a 36 hour brisket that came out phenomenal, and I regularly do 18 hour ribs for cookouts with it. Set ribs in the night before, pull em out at 5pm the next day, let em sit in an oven at 425 for 10 minutes to crisp up, hit with sauce, another 10 minutes in the oven, serve. Some of the best ribs I've ever eaten full stop.
>>
>>9036309
Salmon is crazy good and easy to make.
Actually good-tasting non-dry chicken breast.
Pork chops. Hell, any kind of pork.

I find the best things to cook sous vide are the kinds of foods that require care to make sure they cook through without being overcooked. With sous vide you just put the thing in a bag with aromatics and drop it in for the right amount of time or maybe an extra hour if you're cooking something else or just aren't around.
>>
>>9036309
I'm not a fan of kitchen gear you need to connect to a router. What if the Russians want to hack your strip steaks?
>>
There was that sous-vide cookbook that everybody was sucking its dick about how great the recipes are.
>>
>>9036691
you retard, of course you still pan sear the steak after sous videing it. And no, you couldn't have made the steak in a pan in the first place, not so well.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.