[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aldi Thread (US stores)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Which foods are must buys and which ones should you avoid?

I bought two Not-Doritos (nacho and ranch) Not-Rice Krispie Treats and Not-Ho Hos.

The Doritos knock-offs are terrible. In fact, all their chips are awful. They were $1.09 and $1.49 respectively, but they could have at least TRIED to mimic the Doritos flavors.

The Ho Hos and Rice Krispie Treat knock-offs were actually pretty good. They tasted the same as the popular brand.
>>
Aldi in America sounds fucking shit
Glad it's a lot better in first world countries
>>
always avoid the fresh meat and produce
>>
>>9036089
You have to play it by ear, sadly. Some Aldi products are very, very good. Others not so much.

For example I bought a jar of tikka masala sauce one week and it was fucking awful. But then I went back a week later and found a different jar of masala where they seemed to realize their mistake and it was quite good.
>>
>>9036089
Get the Tangerine Mango juice. Also they sell knockoff girl-scout cookies under the "Benton" brand name. I would highly recommend those.
>>
>>9036269
>>9036276
These are accurate.
Aldi is a gamble. I've had fresh bell peppers go bad in 2 days and potatos are sometimes already rotting at the store. Just check your stuff. The eggs and milk are cheaper than anywhere else though. They usually have decent prices on frozen fruits and vegetables.
>>
Eurofriend living in Ameriland here.
Pretty much all the 'made in Germany' and 'made in Austria' products are good. The smoked salmon is good. Many of their American-made cheeses are good, too, but some are just awful. Their American brie, for example, is horrifically bad.

The milk, butter and eggs they sell are of quality similar to their regular counterparts elsewhere same with the plain/all purpose flour.

I don't buy junk food much, but their selection of chips/crisps is nice so I have to disagree with you on that point. Maybe I enjoy the Aldi ones because I don't each chips much and aren't as experienced with that sort of thing as you. Well, I'm more experienced with chocolate, so I'll discuss that.
The chocolate is hit or miss. Some of it is very good. Some of it is abysmally bad. The hazelnut chocolate bar, though, is pretty great, almost as good as Alpen Gold Nussbeisser/Nussknacker, which is my favourite milk chocolate bar sold back home. It's very, very close. I can't speak to any of their candies and cookies since I've never bought either.

Their beef is shit. Their chicken is thawed from frozen. One of my local Aldi stores in a mostly Asian area recently started selling sides of never-frozen fish. Those are really good and nicely priced. Their pork is top notch for ghetto-tier pork.

I really like their cheap-ass electronics and appliances. Got an 8000 BTU remote control portable a/c unit for $199.99 two weeks ago. Week before that, I got a nice water-resistant bluetooth speaker for, I think, $29.99.

>>9036269
I've only had a problem with their onions and potatoes. The rest of the produce I've gotten has been tits.
>>
>>9036089
Their Raisin Bran is pretty good.
>>
Im going to be moving into an apartment near an Aldis for college but iv never been there.

How is their rice there? Is it decently cheap? Also can you get dried seaweed there? id be surprised if you could but form what iv read about the place it might be something they carry.

Are the frozen vegetable any good? You guys said that theyre decently priced but iv been spoiled by these cheap little flash frozen packets they have near me.
>>
>>9036204
Haha funny
To be honest though aldi in america is shit
only buy dry and canned from aldi in america
Produce is hit and miss but you can find better at your local farmer's markets if you're not a fucking square
>>
Their cheese curls tasted like shit at first but now prefer them to cheetos. The ultra white energy is literally monster zero ultra for a dollar. And the real bacon bits are great for when I want to make a quick lazy breakfast burrito.
>>
The specially selected super premium ice cream made me shit blood for a week on 3 occasions.
>>
>>9037041
that happened to me with their eggs
>>
>>9037146
Yeah dude that ice cream has egg whites in it or something it's supposed to be the French style ice cream so they have eggs in it. It weirds me out that I never found out what the fuck caused that could have been fucking listeria or e.coli or something. Did you ever figure out what caused it did you go to a doctor and get a test or something? I wanted to go to a doctor but I literally could not leave my house without shiting my pants so I never was able to get my shit tested or whatever.
>>
>>9037184
Jesus man. If you're shitting blood for a week straight, you put a garbage bag on your car seat and a towel in your pants and you get to the fucking hospital.
>>
>>9036089
Aldi is literally the shit tier of food stores. Mislabeled products all over the store. Much of it is cheap junk from the middle east. Nobody ever has any time to help a customer because that cost the company money.
>>
>>9037184
No idea what caused it. I just know I was buying eggs from them because they were often less than a dollar. Every time I made breakfast I pissed from my ass. It was bloody twice.

You should buy the ice cream again so you can get tested and sue them but its probably expensive to get it tested.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.