[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomato Tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_28595-tomato1523590864.jpg (50KB, 686x724px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28595-tomato1523590864.jpg
50KB, 686x724px
What's the best tomato for making my own tomato sauce? How do I make it rich and tasty?

Also, what's the best way to remove the skins? I've heard that blanching them will remove some of the flavour.
>>
>>9035677
Leave the skins on and run it through a sieve later.
Also sugar, loads of sugar.
>>
>>9035681
Won't that remove the texture of the sauce? I'm not talking about ketchup
>>
>>9035677
Either way is fine. Blanching and removing skins is easier - that's what I do. Ignore the troll saying to dump in sugar. If you're using fresh in season Romas, which are the best for sauce, you don't need any sugar.
>>
>>9035677
Seeds make a bitter note, remove them.
>>
File: ATST.jpg (723KB, 1920x3072px) Image search: [Google]
ATST.jpg
723KB, 1920x3072px
>>9035974
This. Romas are great for sauce. Only problem is that you need a shit ton of them because they have a high water content and need a lot of reduction.

Sugar you'll need, but add it to taste after the reduction is nearly done. Same really goes for every other ingredient unless you know what the fuck your doing, thyme, basil, rosemary. Unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing add nothing until your like 30 minutes out.
>>
>>9036086
Romas are used specifically for their low moisture fucktard and never add sugar to tomato sauce.

Ever.
>>
>>9036219
>He doesn't like the Sweetie Spagbol

Fucking americans.
>>
Romas.
>>
>>9036086
How many grams do you think I would need? For reference, I want to make an amatriciana sauce next week.
>>
>>9037511
Of sugar? Zero.
>>
>>9037521
This. People who put sugar in tomato sauce have the palates of small children.
>>
>>9037521

Of roma tomatoes. I've heard I should grow my own if I want ones that aren't watery (I live in the UK)
>>
>>9035677
>rich
Anchovy Paste, nigga. Also, use hot Italian sausage instead of hamburger, if you're the type to add meat to the sauce.
>>
>>9037670
>anchovy paste
Ooh, that sounds good. And I'll be using guanciale
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.