[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: French_Frog.jpg (106KB, 1024x872px) Image search: [Google]
French_Frog.jpg
106KB, 1024x872px
Today I heard French food was divine. Can I make something at home that's French? What exactly IS French food?

What is a common simple French food French moms make in france?
>>
>>9033015
>What exactly IS French food?
Mostly Muslim cock.
>>
Many french food requires a lot of ingredients. Which kinda make them look harder to do than they really are.

You could try a pot-au-feu. It usually requires many ingredient but it's really easy to make and it's very comforting in winter.

Boeuf Bourguignon is really good and comforting too.

Coq-au-vin or cock in wine.

They love duck breasts (magret de canard). I personally don't but if you like that you can probably find plenty of recipes.

Cassoulet made with duck or chicken legs, beans, and ham

bouilleabaise which is a seafood stew

gratin dauphinois (scalloped potatoes) is very easy to make and really good too since it's potatoes, cream, and cheese.
>>
>>9033015
French food is actually tremendously simple despite what people meme. The best stuff is always simple, good things made with quality ingredients.
>>
overrated garbage
>>
>>9033015
>What exactly IS French food?
The most notable features are mirepoix, shitloads of butter and classic sauces, all other would be pretty standard.
>>
>>9033247
Things like what?
>>
>>9033263
That sounds very Italian.
>>
>>9033145
What is your fave French food? What taste the best to you?

Have you personally cooked any of these?
>>
French food is annoying. It's probably the most renowned culinary tradition of all time, but it's become associated exclusively with haute cuisine and snobbery. Which is so dumb because the peasant dishes are the best anyway.

But you should make this OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QuVUjCyWbU
>>
>>9033263
this, basically
>>
>>9033314

One thing I forgot to mention is that Chef John was wrong to suggest using only thighs here. A whole bird cut up in sections works fine and the breasts end up terrifically juicy and flavorful. You could even use only breasts if you wanted to.
>>
>>9033314

Seth green has a YouTube cooking show?
Bacon fried chicken? Sounds american, good though. Not as complicated as I thought.

I've never cooked with wine before. Should I use a sweet one or dry one?

Are mashed potatoes authentic french?
>>
>>9033354
I heard thighs are harder to screw up though and they are pretty cheap. I think I want to do it JUST like he does it for the first time.

I wonder if this could be modified to a crock pot meal.
>>
>>9033314
Also what are some more peasant dishes?
>>
>>9033361

Putting in tons and tons of saturated fat and salt is classy when the French do it. I guess use pinot noir if you really want to stay true to tradition but any red you like will do fine.
>>
>>9033370

Yes typically I would agree about thighs being harder to screw up because they are so much fattier and hence less liable to dry out, but because you're braising the chicken in such a delicious sauce you're not going to have problems with dry, bland breasts in this case (as long as you keep the skin on). But any part of the bird will be good.
>>
>>9033370

About the crock pot thing, you really don't want to miss out on the flavor that's created by browning the meats in the pan. That's good stuff. You could probably do the final step in a crock pot instead of the oven but I'm not sure what the point would be unless you don't have an oven. Also, whenever you transfer food between cooking vessels you do lose a bit of residual flavor.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.