[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who / Croissant/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: shutterstock_172040546.jpg (315KB, 880x589px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_172040546.jpg
315KB, 880x589px
Can we get a mother-fucking comfy Croissant thread going?
> Why is this the most superior bread form?
> Why can't slicedfags compete?
> Does it give good crumb anon?

Croissant thread, I guess.
>>
>>9032570
I personally like to eat them with cheese cubes.
>>
I like to let them dry out for a couple days, adding some spices every now and then along the way. Then i gather my assorted bunch when i have a relaxing day with my bottle of 10 year old fine wine. I down the whole bottle and peel off the first layer of crust off the Croissant, stick it up my rear end and finagle it for a bit. Blah blah blah dino saur.
>>
>>9032570
>Can we get a mother-fucking comfy Croissant thread going?
>Croissant thread, I guess.
Faggot
>>
http://www.veganbaking.net/recipes/pastries/croissants

I used that recipe once. Result was pretty good. Not the kind of thing I like eat regularly and isn't very appealing to me most of the time. I usually eat clean at home.

There's a factory bakery in Spain that makes some chocolate dipped spelt croissants that are good for snacking. A couple times I've made whole wheat croissants with a square made mostly of peanut butter. Was alright, but my skin didn't like it.
>>
Grate thred ngers.
>>
>round croissants
Straight croissants are more aesthetic and much less labor intensive to make when producing large quantities
Prove me wrong fags
Pro-tip: you can't sweetie
>>
>>9032998
>less labor intensive
Like the 10 seconds it takes to make a crescent instead of a log matters when the recipe takes fourteen fucking hours in the first place? If you're going to the effort of making your own croissants then you might as well make them look nice.
>>
>>9033345

> 14h
kek'd a bit
>>
>>9033380
With all of the rising and proofing that's what you're looking at for a classic croissant recipe.
>>
File: 1490963797520.png (128KB, 420x418px) Image search: [Google]
1490963797520.png
128KB, 420x418px
LIDL's ham&cheese croissants are the best.
>>
>>9032570
Hot croissant with some jam to dab it in.
I usually just eat them cold.
All butter croissants are the best.
>>
File: OMG dis pizza ROFLMFAO.gif (502KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
OMG dis pizza ROFLMFAO.gif
502KB, 160x160px
>>9032596
>stick it up my rear end and finagle it for a bit. Blah blah blah dino saur.
>>
>>9033606
>grocery store '''''''croissants''''''
gross
>>
>>9032570
i love them, only in france though
sucks but apparently no baker outside of france is able to make them taste good
>>
File: high horse.jpg (11KB, 299x194px) Image search: [Google]
high horse.jpg
11KB, 299x194px
>>9033618
>being hung up about buying things from a shop
Hows the air up there anon?
>>
>>9032605
>sounds French
>gets triggered
Drumpff.
>>
>>9033380
>americans
Enjoy your shit tier croissants
>>
>>9032998
>>9033345
Isn't this why some are straight? French law says only croissants made with butter can be straight? But curved can be either?
>>
>>9033628
but I buy my croissants from a shop all the time

is aldi the only source of food in your food desert?
>>
>>9033686
Regular croissants in France are curved. Chocolate ones are straight because the chocolate bar they put inside is straight.
Also spreading anything on a croissant is heresy.

>tfw dipping your morning, still-lukewarm Croissant in your black sugarless coffee
>>
>>9033699
"chocolate" ones are called pain of chocolate because it's too much of a pain to preserve the croissant shape when you're also trying to keep the chocolate from leaking out

only dumb ass sharts call them "chocolate croissants" much like how they say "plant of eggs" instead of aubergine like everyone else
>>
>>9033708
Pains au chocolat and Croissant au chocolat are two different things.
Pains au chocolat are rectangle-shaped with two chocolate bars. Croissants au chocolat are straight croissants with a chocolate bar inside, and sometimes sugar on top
>>
File: 1490221608795.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1490221608795.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey guys I just baked this bread the other day and some people on a different forum complained about the "crumb". I thought he was being ridiculous.
>>
>>9033957

stale pasta
>>
>>9033708
Pastry Chef/baker here.
1. You're retarded. It's pain au chocolate like the other anon said. Essentially translated to "bread of chocolate"

2. >>9033957
Your crumb structure is terrible. Your bread is far too dense yet somehow has large air pockets, probably because it wasn't shaped tightly before final proof. How long did that take you, 3 hours?
>>
>>9033980
eat shit,crumbfag
>>
>>9032575
I prefer cheese spheres myself
>>
>>9033980
Fellow pastry chef/baker here
You can definitely see the result of poor all around shaping here
I'm surprised there was any oven spring given how dense it is
>>
>>9033957
What is it supposed to be a croissant for a giant?
>>
>putting cheese and meat in a croissant
>>
butter
nothing/dunking
POWER GAP
jam
POWER GAP
cheese and meat
POWER GAP
anything else
>>
File: IMG_3076.jpg (356KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3076.jpg
356KB, 1280x960px
How's my bread? Definitely over proofed plus dough was sticky and I did a shit job shaping and building tension and then it stuck to the bowl I did my final rise in so I pulled a sticky mess out and through it into a dutch oven but given all that tastes good enough lol.

Also wtf is with the shiny wet looking texture of the interior?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.