[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sweet Pootato

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: wedge.jpg (19KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
wedge.jpg
19KB, 500x334px
just made some wedges but for some reason they taste like shit
in the past, putting them on a tray with some oil salt and pepper is enough and they come out fine, but for some reason, today, they taste fucking awful

any ideas?
>>
Make them out of regular potato next time.

Sweet potato fries are all about the novelty, which wears off after about 2.5 fries and then the rest of the batch is just gross.
>>
>>9031247
If you wanted them crispy you have to coat them in some kind of flour or starch first. Other than that, you might've just not been in the mood for them, or the potatoes/oil were old and started to taste off.
>>
>>9031346
>taste off
i think they probably were off, i can see some black parts just beneath the skin
thats annoying because i bought them yesterday and they shouldnt go off until 13th
>>
>>9031421
The 13th of this month? Potatoes usually last a lot longer than that, it sounds like they were already old. I know when corn gets old, the sugar starts turning into starch, same thing might happen with sweet potato.
>>
dont put poop on them
>>
>>9031421
Sweet potatoes will last for several months you fool.

>off until the 13th
Jesus fuck, man. Stop paying attention to arbitrary dates and instead pay attention to the food. Dates are meaningless. Depending on storage conditions the food could go bad well before, or well after, an arbitrary date.
>>
Sous vide at 150 for one hour before roasting.

No joke; it transforms the starch into sugar and they taste great.
>>
>>9031444
They're not entirely meaningless, it doesn't mean the food will spoil as soon as it turns to that date, but it does let you know how long the food has been sitting in the store. If it says his sweet potatoes are going to expire in 5 days, they've most likely already been sitting the store for months, drying out.
>>
>>9031247
Maybe they weren't aged properly
>>
>>9031466
If anon can't tell that the potatoes are drying out by examining them before purchase then he has no business cooking in the first place.

>>hey've most likely already been sitting the store for months, drying out.
No, the dates really are meaningless. Years ago when I was a student I had a job at a supermarket. We marked all produce, regardless of type, with a 2-week expiration date. I asked why on earth they would do that, and the explanation I got was:
1) it's easier to just use the same date for everything
and
2) stupid customers will throw out perfectly good food and then come back to buy more, which results in more sales.

Seriously, the dates are totally meaningless at best, and deliberately misleading at worst. Pretend they don't exist, and use your senses to evaluate the food you're looking to buy.
>>
stop sucking so many dicks
>>
it was a display until 13th june, not a best before

>>9031447
will try this with the last 2 if i dont find any black spots

>>9031466
yeah, less than £1 per kg was probably a sign
>>
>>9031466
>sitting in the store for months

If it's the US, this for sure since sweet potatoes are harvested in the fall. Anyone buying sweet potatoes in the summer is getting shit with very little nutrition. I might get a few as a snack for my dogs if they were on sale for $.39 but that's it.
>>
>>9031496
They have to age for the starch to turn to sugar, retard
>>
>>9031502
I think you have that backwards? I'm not positive about sweet potatoes but corn turns sugar to starch the longer it sits after being picked.
>>
>>9031324
Pshhh I bake frozen sweet potato fries all the time and eat them with mayo. Great side dish. Usually eat them with frozen hot wings.
>>
>>9031502
For 8 months? No fucking way.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.