[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Culinary Career Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I want to learn how to make a living from Cooking, is going to a Culinary Arts school worth it?
>>
>>9031161
You're into animu, anon.
Your never going to have a job, let alone a career.
>>
>>9031161
bumping for interest, I too want a feasible job as a chef. Would it be a stupid idea to invest in a food truck? Are those things still popular?
>>
>>9031525
>Are those things still popular?
If you don't already know the answer to that question, in detail, then yes, it would be a very stupid idea to invest in a food truck.
>>
>>9031530
Why's that?
>>
>>9031545
Because it means you have zero knowledge of the business you are considering investing in and therefore are incapable of making a good decision.

Educate yourself. Then decide.
>>
>>9031161
I wish I could feed egg shells to the fire like that. Cleaning up would be much easier.
>>
>>9031161
Do yourself a favor and don't
The food industry is one of the worst industries for a career, especially a chef. Long ass days, shitty shifts, shit pay for the work you do and you're on your fucking feet all day everyday.
>>
if youre trying to work at an ordinary restaurant, just start in a kitchen and work your way up. if you want to travel or work in fine dining, go to school
>>
>>9031161
>>9031525
The culinary-arts schools are frauds. You end up wasting a year or two and tens of thousands of dollars on a "certificate" that means precisely dick.

Then you get to enter into the workforce of the lowest-paid industry in the U.S., competing against illegal aliens and barely-literate high-school dropouts for jobs.

So, no, the certificate programs aren't worth it.
>>
>>9031161
no, if you want to learn how to cock for real, start travelling the world
>>
>>9031525
>Would it be a stupid idea to invest in a food truck
Its generally an absolute shit-tier business idea. It can be done, but its next to impossbile to make a living off of it.

You still have to have all the licenses, certifications, and/or permits that a normal restaurant has, and even though you dont pay rent, you generally have to pay to set up and sell anywhere that is going to get you business.

Plus, the food industry in general is low margin, so youre fucked if you dont get a ton of business regularly.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.