[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should I cook my chicken for a burrito/wrap? I just made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How should I cook my chicken for a burrito/wrap?
I just made some but I don't think the chicken turned out that well. I took chicken breast halves, put a little olive oil, pepper, adobe seasoning, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes on them. Baked at 350 until they reached internal of 155. Then I let them rest and shredded all the meat off of them.
Any tips for improving the texture and flavor of the chicken without adding too much unnecessary fat, sugar, or sodium?
>>
>>9022603
you seem to be on the right path

>use a fork to poke holes in the chicken breast
>mix a brinerate of lime juice, your same spices, salt, and sugar
>brine chicken in this mix for 60-90 min
>dry chicken
>sear in hot skillet for 2 min/side
>tent skillet with foil and put into 300 degree oven until chicken is cooked to proper temp
>let rest 10 min and cut/shred
>>
>>9022631
Is cooking the chicken in a covered crock fine? I usually avoid aluminum foil to save money.
>>
>>9022644
yeah that should be fine. using foil means one fewer piece of cookware to wash to wash... but to each his own.
>>
>>9022603
use thighs
>>
>>9022603
>Any tips for improving the texture and flavor of the chicken without adding too much unnecessary fat, sugar, or sodium?

Sure. Buy bone-in cuts like leg quarters or whole chickens instead. Season them with a dry rub, then cook them on a grill over wood.

At the very least use thighs. Breast meat is flavorless, and the baking process adds no flavor. If you want flavor then use a more flavorful cut of chicken and choose a cooking method that adds flavor. Grilling is ideal for your situation because it adds no fat, oil, sugar, etc.
>>
>>9023266
this

if you've never grilled in your life, you'll dry them out pretty fast. Either get handy with a spray bottle on the hot cycle, or dump your chicken in water for a while. The chicken will absorb the water through osmosis and be more resistant to drying out.
After the outside is charred to taste, take the chicken off the heat and let the inside cook thoroughly using indirect heat.
>>
>>9022603
>Any tips for improving the texture and flavor of the chicken without adding too much unnecessary fat, sugar, or sodium?
Well, for a burrito or wrap, basic shredded chicken doesn't need to be ridiculously seasoned. Brown is flavor, but you'll see mexicans will have really bland roasted chicken shredded too. Fast food chains don't understand this, and put so much shake on seasoning it's ridiculous.
Cubans marinate in mojo criollo. It comes in a bottle in the grocery. Buy the "naranja" one if you want to try a little acidulated cumin, garlic, olive oil flavored meat marinade. Good for pork too. At home, I do crushed garlic, lime, olive oil and that's it.

The flavor in the taco, burrito, wrap? It comes from a great fresh or roasted salsa. Need some cilantro, lime, onion, chilies, and tomatoes or tomatillos. Herdez makes decent bottled/canned salsas that are pretty traditional if you need a lazy ranchera salsa for instance. Pickle your onions on that wrap: combine red onions, carrot, jalapeno slices with warm white vinegar and lime and set aside a couple of hours in the fridge for yumminess. Get some more meaty roasty flavor in there with mushrooms you can also roast in the oven. It will approximate huitlacochce. Poblanos charred and cut into strips are the perfect balance of heat and green pepper flavor, also called "rajas." Get a rich (albeit not low fat) pepita blended lime seasoned aoili crema or mayo, just a little, a pepian verde. Get some bitter veggies into that burrito, some cabbage. Really ripe avocado marinated in lime and onions. Salty aged cheese (cotija) versus fresh or bland cheeses. Finally, corn tortillas have a lot more flavor than flour.

My favorite thing? Taking dried chilies and frying them in a nonstick, and tossing in the crunchy chili strips with my sauteed onions, in everything from eggs, to soups to popcorn.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.