[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did I do wrong, /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: oh.jpg (120KB, 608x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
120KB, 608x1080px
I tried making burgers in a frying pan tonight. They had been frozen and I had left them in the fridge for a day or two to thaw. I put in butter and turned the heat up all the way to preheat the pan for five minutes, then left the burgers on for 3 minutes or so each side. The sides got burnt black and the interiors were raw.

How the fuck do I make burgers without both giving myself burnt shit and food poisoning at the same time??
>>
Turn the heat down and wait, fucking moron
>>
should have pulled them out of the fridge and let them rest for a bit before
>>
>>9021932
Don't use butter on a super hot oven, use oil. Butter is medium heat otherwise you'll just get burnt butter, and not in a nice beurre noisette way.
>>
>>9021957
stfu bougie shit
>>
>He fucking ate it
>>
>>9021942
I was advised that high temperature was better, although I'm finding this to be a lie

>>9021949
does that help? They were pretty soft, not frozen or anything

>>9021957
Alright. If I don't have any oil is there any way to cook these, like using no oil or cooking on a lower temp with butter?

>>9021963
I cooked two and ate them both
>>
File: unknown[1].png (25KB, 1135x176px) Image search: [Google]
unknown[1].png
25KB, 1135x176px
>>
>>9021978
10/10 screenshot, now go post it on reddit, faggot
>>
>>9021967
>I was advised that high temperature was better, although I'm finding this to be a lie

You're making a burger, not searing a steak. Someone's fucking with you.
>>
>>9021983
I didn't take it
>>
>>9021932
>What did I do wrong, /ck/?
A lot. First you have to make sure the meat is ENTIRELY defrosted. If it is still even slightly frosty then it's not defrosted. Putting it in the fridge will take an assload of time to defrost, it's easier to leave it on the counter for a few hours.

Heat the pan BEFORE putting in the oil. Also notice I said oil, not fucking butter. If you're using cast iron you don't really even need oil for burgers, the ground beef has enough fat on its own and won't stick.

Your paddies need to be thin. A fat paddy will take longer to cook all the way through, causing the outsides to become overcooked. A thin paddy on high will get the right amount of searing and cook all the way through without becoming too well done.

If you really need to have a fat paddy because you're stupid, then put a cover over it towards the end to get the inside cooked. But thin is still better.

My last piece of advise is that I doubt this will help because judging from the picture I can tell you are one of those people that is intuitively a shitty cook and always will be a shitty cook. Stop trying and just go to McDonalds from now on whenever you want a burger.
>>
>>9021993
you're still a faggot
>>
>>9022000
kys
>>
>>9021985
As I've come to realize

>>9021995
alright, is there a good way to make sure meat is defrosted? Thanks for the advice, I'm trying to learn
>>
>>9021942
>>9021967
>>9021985
>>9021995
>>9022027
If you are using cast iron "ripping" high heat is fine, but you would probably want to use medium-high for thinner pans.
>>
>>9021932
H-how to cook a k-krabby p-patty
https://youtu.be/hubO2lkxWiw

This is you, OP
>>
>>9021942
This.

Burgers are not fucking steak. The goal is thorough and even cooking not to sear the sides and leave the center juicy.

Fucking hopeless.
>>
File: 1438109096488.jpg (461KB, 1800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1438109096488.jpg
461KB, 1800x1350px
>>9021932
good lord. there are hundreds, if not thousands of videos, article and pictures on how to make a burger, and yet you lack the critical thinking skills to not fuck up the basics.

astonishing.

fuckup #1 - frozen pre-formed patties. fuck man, ground beef is cheap. 80/20 should cost $3-4 a pound even when it isn't on sale - just get some that's fresher than the shit that's been in your freezer.

fuckup #2 - why in the fuck would you use butter? high heat is great. it is, in fact, preferred. butter and high heat do not mix. clarified butter is another story, but regular butter has the milk solids still in it and they will burn. burnt butter tastes terrible.

fuckup #3 - not truly awful, but you don't really need to let the pan pre-heat for 5 minutes. one or two is probably all you need, then add in a lubricant with a high cooking temperature. neutral tasting oils like grapeseed or canola (which is processed grapeseed) are generally preferred.

clarified butter is certainly doable, but you may not like the (mild) taste.

fuckup #4 - you didn't finish the burger, probably didn't cook it 3 minutes per side anyway and almost certainly didn't let it rest. medium sized patty like that? i'd go at least 2 minutes per side then another 5 or so in a pre-heated oven around 375

t. burgerland
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.