[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistachio stock?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 8d9abdb8daf6c360.jpg (84KB, 640x299px) Image search: [Google]
8d9abdb8daf6c360.jpg
84KB, 640x299px
So, I have a bunch of Pistachios, and I want to make a stock out of them to use in a Risotto... They are very high quality nuts, grown locally in the Central Valley of California.

Is making a Pistachio stock a good or bad idea?
>>
I mean, I'd like to see you try, but I can't imagine it'd work.
>>
>>9021510
I would just soak them, then cook and puree them into a sauce for your risotto. You can always add some water, wine, or broth to the sauce to thin it out to cook your rice in.
>>
>>9021510
for how expensive they are, I'm sure you could find a much better use
>>
>>9021531
Was thinking about processing them, and then using a french press to infuse the Pistachio powder into a veggie stock. Of course, this wouldn't be a Pistachio based stock.

Your idea is a good one, though...Definitely a fail-safe.

>>9021536
>10oz bag of Doritos- $3.50-$5
>1lb of high quality Pistachio- $10
>>
>>9021556
How much stock do you think 1 pound of protein will yield lol
>>
Would just be the same process as making a nut based milk
>>
File: Colums.jpg (212KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Colums.jpg
212KB, 900x900px
>>9021563
Did I say I was using 1 pound?

Please leave, no plebs allowed.
>>
>>9021570
...so it will be expensive. Thanks for this entirely pointless string of replies.
>>
>>9021587
The fact that you think it is expensive is completely irrelevant to the thread. Thanks for sharing your entirely worthless opinion.
>>
>Pistachio
>Risotto
I can't imagine what's going though your mind to make you think gritty ground nuts with sloppy rice gruel would taste anything close to good.
>>
>>9021598
What gives you the idea that there will be chunks of nuts?

Do you know what a strainer is?
>>
>>9021598
you can mill pistachios gently into pistachio flour
I can imagine that working alright in a small quantity with risotto, but it might be better as a garnish
>>
>>9021598
Also, I quite like Pistachios, and feel like they would go good with some of the cheeses I like.

Risotto seems like a good vehicle to deliver the two as one dish.
>>
>>9021615
rough chopped pistachios and a bit of blackberry jam on a torched brie is god tier
>>
>>9021615
I feel like it would be a better use of your nuts to make baklava and a better use of your rice to make literally anything other than risotto.
>>
>>9021639
I can buy Pistachio Baklava from where I work... which I do a probably twice a week.
>>
>>9021510
Why make a stock? The water will dilute the flavor.

Just grind them into a powder and add it to your finished soup.
>>
File: foil-pipe.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
foil-pipe.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
Buy pistachio OIL

You will end up with a tasteless mash if you do it your way!
>>
>>9021510
Pistachios are hot! Buy buy buy!
>>
>>9021598
t. pleb """cook""" who has zero sense of refinement
>>
>>9021510
in my experience pistachios are definitely a nice finishind touch for a risotto, can't imagine them going wrong as a main ingredient.
Grind them and make a puree, a stock will not take most of their flavour out.
>>
>>9021510
make pudding, it's great
but too much pistachio pudding makes me feel sick
>>
>>9023271
Yeah, I'm just going to do this.. Probably lightly toast them in a pan first, then blanch them for a few minutes.

Then christen my new food processor with them and some heavy cream.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.