[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breakfast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4206.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4206.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
I'm pretty new to cooking, and I just poached my first egg. I've always heard from people that poaching a good egg is difficult but I found it pretty easy, with suggestions from my mum!
What do you guys think? I'll post the first cut in a second.
>>
File: IMG_4207.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4207.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Tasted great, by the way.
>>
Egg is under cooked. Over hard or gtfo
>>
>>9021236
no
>>
>>9021218
Looks good, I'm curious, what suggestions did your mother give you?
>>
>>9021245
Just stuff that maybe everyone already knows haha. I'm a complete cooking novice.

So she said no vinegar or anything, you don't need it. Apparently a lot of people make the mistake of putting their eggs into boiling water, when what she does is bring the water to boil, then totally turn down the heat to gently lower your egg in. Once that white has set, and you won't have to worry about bubbles breaking your shit apart, you can bring that simmer up a little bit. about 2 1/2 or 3 minutes later, you should have a beautiful poached egg.

I guess the last word is also obvious, fresh eggs poach better. The newer the egg, the more likely that the white is going to hold into that 'ball' shape, rather than disperse and flake off so that your water is full of egg white debris.
>>
>>9021236
I'm certain this isn't what you actually think.
>>
>>9021256
Pretty good advice. My mom also added a little swirl to the water in the pan before you drop in your egg. That's when cooking for yourself, of course.
I would use a touch of vinegar if doing a big pan of them for multiple people.

Next tip you should learn is blender hollandaise. I heat my butter in the microwave in a pyrex while I do my poached eggs, which I serve over fresh baby spinach on my muffin, prefer that over ham which I keep as a side.
Drizzle that butter into the blender with your eggs, lemon. Heavenly.
http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/blender-hollandaise
>>
>>9021326
Thanks for that! That does sound fantastic
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.