[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burger tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: wimpy-popeye-hamburger-1.jpg (419KB, 1316x1568px) Image search: [Google]
wimpy-popeye-hamburger-1.jpg
419KB, 1316x1568px
Ok /ck/, for lunch I will be making a burger in a pan, I'll tell you the techniques I already know/plan to do and you tell me other things I can do to make it a good burger

1. make the patty pretty flat, and push a dent in the middle
2. season with salt and pepper
3. decent amount of butter in pan on medium high heat
4. cook the burger for four minutes or so, then flip and season the other side and cook for about the same length or slightly less
5. take out the burger and let it rest, and lightly toast the buns in the pan
6. assemble with toppings, I'm probably going to use BBQ sauce

Will this be a good burger? What tips would you offer?
>>
>>9020037
>BBQ sauce
>Will this be a good burger?
No.
>>
File: beef-burger-4-smaller.jpg (33KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
beef-burger-4-smaller.jpg
33KB, 720x480px
i don't like juicy burgers. i press them down with a spatula, and let them rest for a bit.

i don't want it to be shoeleather, but i also don't want bunch of liquid pouring out, turning the bun into a soggy mess and diluting the condiments.
>>
>>9020037
you seem to like em sloppy. thats fine.
>>
>>9020037
with butter you cant get a hard sear, use cooking oil and get a real crust on the patty, toast the buns in butter before and wipe the skillet
>>
>>9020164
Why even use the earl then? Wouldn't the burger cook in its own fat if not using the butter? For me, the butter is only applied because I assume all things taste better with butter
>>
>>9020037
>Will this be a good burger?
It should be - reasonable cooking time, only seasoning the outside so that you make a burger and not sausage, toasted bun, etc. Take a pic when you are done, share it, and tell us if it was good.
>>
>>9020050
What do you prefer?
>>
File: DSC01218.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01218.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9020237
Alright, I did it, no butter and used ketchup and mustard. I say it was a good tasting burger, at first I was worried it would be dry because when I set it on a plate a bunch of juice leaked out but it still tasted juicy once I ate it
>>
>>9020079
that burger looks horrific
>>
>>9021085
Looks good to me
>>
>>9021043
That's nice, a bit too tall imo tho. Don't be afraid to flatten it out to the point the patties extends out past the bun a little bit.

Also looks like you were more reserved than you needed to be when it came to pressing in the center.
>>
File: 1491785996533.gif (2MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1491785996533.gif
2MB, 255x191px
>>9020236

>earl
>>
>>9021539
it looks like wet compressed dog food, what's wrong with you
>>
>>9021660
To be honest I didn't use enough MEAT, when I tried to press it as thin as I wanted it kept breaking a part at the edges and I was losing patience so I just plumped it up a bit so it kept its shape
>>
>>9020037
Sounds like you want a Smash Burger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppoWmd4LXVs
>>
>>9022764
based kenji
>>
>>9022764
ONLY SEASON ONE SIDE???
>>
>>9022998
Are you blind?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.