[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>american cuisine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (21KB, 738x302px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
21KB, 738x302px
>american cuisine
>>
>>9018387
what's the matter my europoor friend?
the sharia law on your city doesn't allow you to buy marshmallows?
>>
>>9018387
>A dessert is sweet
>>
File: tmp_32280-columbia1545855838.jpg (898KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32280-columbia1545855838.jpg
898KB, 1080x1349px
dog bless ameriga
>>
>>9018394
>needing to add sugars to sweet potatoes
CANT HAVE ANY OF THEM VEGETABLES WITHOUT SUGAR WE MURICANS ARE NOT LIKE THEM EUROPOORS
>>
>>9018394

It's actually an old school Thanksgiving side dish. Liked it as a kid (along with canned cranberry sauce), now it's pretty gross. Has nothing to do with the current corn lobbyists making sure that HFCS is in as many products as possible. Think of it more like roasted carrots glazed in brown sugar.

To be fair, judging any country's cuisine based on dishes that arose in the post WWII era (even though we won) is pretty stupid and biased.
>>
I have never understood why it isn't a dessert. But for some reason every time It's serve I have a big heaping scoop of brown sugar crusted mashed sweet potatoes with butter and sugar added covered in toasted marshmallow

it's basically a pie
>>
>>9018397
give me a name, bro
>>
>>9018449
thats taylor swift idiot
>>
>>9018451
Is it really? Guess that explains my instant arousal.
>>
>>9018387
do americans really eat that?!?
>>
>>9018465
my family would love it.
>>
>>9018387
It's fucking delicious and you should try it.
>>
>>9018387
Sweet potatoes and yams are two different tubers delet this
>>
>>9018408
Sweet potato casserole is a dessert you mongoloid. I assume you eat sugar free cake and ice cream as well?
>>
>>9018387
They hate us because of our freedoms
>>
>>9018387
It's a disgusting holdover from women's magazine recipes of the 50's. It's only whitetrash and nigs that still serve that kind of abomination.
>>
>>9019286
This.
>>
>>9018387
thats poor people food
>>
>>9019147
Never seen it served, or referred to as a dessert. Maybe you are thinking of sweet potato pie?
>>
>>9018387
are sweet potatoes actually yams? I actually thought they were different things for the longest time
>>
>>9018387
>leave something to rot
>call it a gourmet delicaly
wa la eurocooking in a nutshell
>>
>>9019393
Just small sweet potatoes.
>>
>>9018387
>Yam casserole with marshmallows
This makes me want to puke
>>
>>9018387
>Pasta with meatballs is an italian dish

Fuck no it isn't now stop pretending you have culture ameritards
>>
>>9019403
>delicaly
Retard.
>>
>>9018387
Marshmallows are delicious with yams, it's a normal thing
>>
>>9019286
My family lived in a gated community and ate that every Thanksgiving, tho.
>>
>>9019798
>living in a gated community
>>
>>9019804
>Letting the riff raff wander in from the streets
How well do you play the washboard and jugs, for the record?
>>
>>9018408
when did euros learn the word vegetable?
>>
>>9019798
Not surprised. Mid-20th Century bad taste really transcended class lines, which shows the power of advertising. It would be comforting to think that only the poor and stupid were eating this prefab shit, but the fact is everyone got taken in by it back then. How many American families still serve that grim green bean casserole made with cream of mushroom soup and topped with fried onions from a can at holidays? Even people who ought to know better. How many wealthy, educated people still buy shit like pasta sauce in a jar, Coca-Cola products and eat fucking breakfast cereal in cold milk every morning? And make brownies from boxed mix?

Advertising really did a number on how Americans ate during the 20th Century, especially the second half of it. No one was immune.
>>
>>9019853
True, everyone was suckered in. My point was that the only ones still holding onto it are whitetrash and nigs. Also, someone living in a mansion doesn't preclude them being whitetrash.
>>
>>9019393
Sweet potatoes are not yams, yams are not sweet potatoes
>>
>>9019960
>My point was that the only ones still holding onto it are whitetrash and nigs.
I wish that were true. But the truth is the Boomers loved this shit, and their poor kids grew up with it as "tradition". I know plenty of solidly middle class people from families that have been so for generations who still make shit like green bean casserole and yams with marshmallows on top for Thanksgiving. Even people who are otherwise good cooks make this crap for holidays because it's become part of their tradition. I'm kind of hoping this shit dies out with the Boomers, but foods people see as part of holiday traditions have a lot of staying power.
>>
Daily OBSESSION thread huh?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.