[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this awesome desert?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: patisserie-kouign-amann.jpg (46KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
patisserie-kouign-amann.jpg
46KB, 550x413px
I was in Montreal recently and stopped by the bakery Patisserie Au Kouign Amann. I had this chocolate cake-like desert pictured in the bottom here. It seems like a flourless cake with a chocolate ganache, but I cannot find the name of it. Does anyone here know what it's called? I'd like to get a recipe.
>>
>>9013076
the filename already has the name you silly
>>
>>9015122

Kouign amann is not a chocolate cake. It's a different type of pastry that the patisserie has named themselves after
>>
looks like a fondant, a pain au raisin (grape bread) and kouign amann which is butter based breton cake
>>
>>9015139
Looks more like pain au lait more than a kouign amann
>>
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummmmmmmm
>>
File: ENYA_ITS+IN+THE+RAIN-361339.jpg (32KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
ENYA_ITS+IN+THE+RAIN-361339.jpg
32KB, 500x497px
>>9015133
Not only this but it was invented by the celts, who are definitely not imaginary. Putting it in the same sentence as "patisserie" is an insult to the heritage of the great non-imaginary celtic race
>>
>>9015139
>>9015198

it's dope that people like you guys also frequent this board along with the fast food and flyover posters
>>
>>9015206
I know. We frenchies are a blessing for this world
>>
>>9015139
Directly translating pain au raisin is the funniest fucking thing I've ever seen in normal discussion here
>>
>>9015242
what's so funny about it?
>>
>>9015252
In English, the things in that bread would be called "raisins" not "grapes"
>>
>>9015256
aren't they the same thing? Or does raisins refer to dried grape?
>>
>>9015264
Raisin is the dried grape. However you couldn't just go and call it "raisin bread" because to us that means a sweet pullman loaf with raisins embedded, and a bit of cinnamon in the dough.

Best thing would just be to call it "pain au raisin" like in the original enya-conquering imperialist language of french. Everyone knows what pain au raisin means. Trying to translate it would be like when the French Ministry of Culture forced everyone to say "baladeur" instead of "walkman".
>>
>>9015275
Thank you for your insight
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.