[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your veiw on sandwiches?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: Radical.jpg (47KB, 509x350px) Image search: [Google]
Radical.jpg
47KB, 509x350px
Radical Sandwich Anarchist
>>
>>9012548
I agree that a sub is a sandwich, and I think ice cream between waffles is a sandwich. But I think an ice cream taco is nothing short of heresy.
>>
True neutral
>>
anything in the left column is a sandwich, the wrap may be disqualified depending on if it's a corn based "bread"
>>
>>9012595
If a sub is a sandwich and ice cream between waffles is a sandwich, then the ice cream taco must be a sandwich.
>>
I eat the stuff between the sandwich bread and discard the breads.

I think that is the best way.
>>
a piece of fried chicken is a sandwich. breading on the outside, meat filling on the inside
>>
Structural Purist/Ingredient Rebel is literally the only correct answer
>>
I like to eat everything separately and make the sandwich in my mouth
>>
File: Sandwich Alignment Chart.jpg (218KB, 1319x907px) Image search: [Google]
Sandwich Alignment Chart.jpg
218KB, 1319x907px
>>9012548
OP is that a picture for ants?
All of those are sandwiches except for the poptart.
>>
>>9014246
a poptart is a sandwich
>>
File: 1420466306214.jpg (57KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1420466306214.jpg
57KB, 531x471px
>>9014246
Who the fuck made this bullshit chart? BLTs and Subs are both sandwiches.
>>
>>9012548
I'm suddenly craving a chip butty wrapped in tortilla
>>
>>9014380
That's what the chart is implying too you fucking retard
>>
>>9012548
Neutral Good
>>
>>9012548
True neutral
>>
File: 1496400901688.jpg (308KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
1496400901688.jpg
308KB, 1200x825px
Prove this wrong
>Protip: You LITERALLY can't
>>
>>9015753
this
>>
Structural neutral, ingredient rebel is the obvious answer. Wikipedia agrees.
>>
>>9012548
Words have meanings, because they're used to communicate. If you decide that anything is a sandwich, then saying something is a sandwich no longer communicates anything, which means the word is meaningless. Which is why the upper left triangle is the only thing which can mean "sandwich." Once you start reaching down into Structure Rebel, Ingredient Rebel, or combining Ingredient and Structure Neutrality, you're no longer interested in communication, you just want to ruin a perfectly useful word for the sake of internet points.

SPIR can play too as long as you add a word to distinguish it, like "ice cream sandwich" or "waffle sandwich."
>>
True neutral.
>>
File: images(2).jpg (11KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
11KB, 256x197px
>>9015844
What is the definition of sandwich than? There is no good definition is the point.
>Internet points
What site are you on?
>>
>>9015844
And where the fuck do you see a triangle?
>>
>>9015921
I think he's a structural rebel on the triangle alignment scale
>>
>>9016239
What is the alignment trialgle?
>>
Just reporting in that cereal is a soup.

That is all.
>>
>>9015914
>>9015921
Sandwiches consists of two pieces of bread or one split piece of bread, between/inside of which ingredients have been sandwiched - that is, placed on one piece or half of the bread, and held in place by the other. Furthermore, for the food to be called a sandwich without further elaboration, the ingredients need to be savory; any non-savory sandwiches must be prefixed with a description.

That fits everything in in the triangle including SPIP, SNIP, and SPIN, and allows for SPIR to use the term without being confusing. On the other hand, it excludes SNIN and similar foods, which are not in fact sandwiches, because calling them sandwiches serves no purpose but to be confusing.

And if you think people on 4chan aren't competing for internet points, you're not familiar with 4chan. Just because nobody can see them doesn't mean people aren't trying to win them.
>>
>>9016266
Hotdogs and hamburgers fit that definition. Tortillas are bread. Is an open faced sandwich a sandwich?
>>
>>9016289
>Is an open faced sandwich a sandwich?
no it's a pizza
>>
>>9016266
When you fold a slice of pizza in half does it become a sanwich?
>>
>>9016257
Is orange juice soup if you get the kind with pulp
>>
>>9016257
Does soup have to be hot? Can we define soup as hot?
>>
>>9016289
Hamburgers meet that definition. Hot dogs do not, because they're misaligned - the food is nestled into the middle of the bread with the opening on the top. Therefore it isn't sandwiched. Anything made with a tortilla also doesn't, because the food is either wrapped up or is nestled like a hot dog. The fact that you can misalign them is irrelevant - they're designed for a different form of consumption.

Lastly, an open faced sandwich isn't a sandwich; that's why you have to say "open faced." You know it's not an accurate description if you omit that term.

>>9016312
First, just because you eat something wrong doesn't change the kind of food it is. I might eat a steak or a bowl of soup with my bare hands, like some kind of animal, but that doesn't make either finger food. Second, it's misaligned - you're holding it like a taco. That doesn't make it a taco, either, because of point one.

Also, the fact that both of you have to strain to provide counterexamples like this is just further evidence that you don't really care about communicating, you just want to be right for the internet points.
>>
Hot dogs arent sandwiches
>>
>>9016409
Everyone who isn't a smirking asshole looking for the chance to "well ackshually" someone knows.
>>
>>9016377
Gazpacho
>>
I don't care about shit this petty, but I care enough to let you know I don't care.
>>
>>9016423
Go back to Russia.
>>
>>9016430
Retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 500x400px
>>9016430
Gazpacho is Spanish you colossal mong.
Why are you here?
>>
>>9016402
The point isn't to prove I'm right about anything. It's an interesting discussion because it points out that people can believe they know what something is while not being able to define it. Hotdogs and subs have the same shape and are eaten the same way. Folding the pizza isn't Changing the way you eat it, you're simply assembling a sandwich out of pizza. Same thing if you put an upside down pizza on top of a right side up pizza. You assembled a sandwich out of pizza. So maybe with a wrap it could be said that it's not qualified because it completely covers the ingredients, leaving none exposed. That removes pop tarts too. But it leaves lasagna open to being a sandwich.
>>
>>9016301
I like this
>>
>>9016402
Quesadillas
>>
https://www.theatlantic.com/video/archive/2014/09/what-is-a-sandwich-no-seriously-though/465114/
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.