[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So...you want to work in the culinary field...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: restaurant-kitchen.jpg (213KB, 402x299px) Image search: [Google]
restaurant-kitchen.jpg
213KB, 402x299px
Hello /ck/ I graduated top of my class from one of the most prestigious culinary colleges in the US.

Straight out of school I got work in a michelin starred restaurant in NY, I moved up from Gardemanger to Entremetier in those 2 years. I was well respected even by the head chef of the restaurant.

But I left the restaurant life because I got disillusioned with the restaurant world. It is nothing like what you see in TV.

I am currently unemployed and planning to kill myself in the up coming months once I gather enough courage. Ask me anything before I decide it's my time to 'go'.
>>
>>9012212
How big is your cock?
>>
Can you touch your bellybutton with the tip of your erect penis while standing up straight?
>>
Get a job at a diner cooking food, whats the big fucking deal? What are you gonna become a professional boxer now or something.
>>
>>9012212
I dont understand?
>>
>>9012212
What are you planning for your last meal?
>>
>>9012212
It's spelled garde manger, it's two words.
You ought to know this.
>>
>>9012342
>What are you planning for your last meal?
mcdonalds? I haven't cooked for myself in months.
>>9012359
>It's spelled garde manger, it's two words.
You ought to know this.
who gives a fuck how it's spelt, in the restaurant we call the station "Gar-mo" it doesn't matter.
>>
File: Boxing Ali Dodges.gif (2MB, 320x196px) Image search: [Google]
Boxing Ali Dodges.gif
2MB, 320x196px
>>9012212
>I was well respected even by the head chef of the restaurant.

Why the fuck does that matter?
You spent your life trying to please the people above you. Fuck off, you wont receive your fathers love here, son.
>>
get back to work you fucking pussy. nobody likes a fucking winy cunt in the kitchen. get the fuck out.
>>
>>9012401
>Why the fuck does that matter?
It really doesn't matter now, but respect in the kitchen is the currency we go by. It's obvious to me you have zero days of work in an actual kitchen.

>>9012500
>get back to work you fucking pussy. nobody likes a fucking winy cunt in the kitchen. get the fuck out.

point out one sentence where i am whining.
>>
>>9012212
The stress and pressure get to ya?
I know way more ex-chefs than chefs. Getting burnt out is a sad part of the business.
If you where good why not try to start something of your own. Doesnt need to be fancy to be good you know.
Or just an hero. Pussie
>>
I'm 22 years old with little money but a car and I'm going into my last year of school (for psychology because i want to be a therapist).

Between now and completing my masters degree however, which is at least 3 years away, I need to work for money.

I'm currently a line cook at a Big Boy restaurant in my town (I know that's low brow but I do indeed "cook" some foods at the very least), and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm new to this and wondering what advice you would give a new line chef who may need to be in the industry a few years or more?
>>
>>9012696
I am not going to say that pursuing a career as a chef is bad. It's not for everyone that's for sure. Most of the chefs I Knew in the restaurant have serious drinking and drug problems. That's how they cope with it.

If you came into the job expecting it to be like what you see on TV, it's totally wrong.

If you 'enjoy' cooking, do it as a hobby and work a job separate from it. I once also loved to cook, but working as a chef for 2 years has sucked all the joy and motivation from it.

The main take-away here is to keep work and enjoyment separate.
>>
>>9012212
i'm a spoiled rich 21 year old and really wouldn't mind working in a kitchen. but it'd feel awkward next to a bunch of juans and pablos working their asses off along with other jobs probably. i've already worked in fast food. what do?
>>
>>9013263
>i'm a spoiled rich 21 year old and really wouldn't mind working in a kitchen. but it'd feel awkward next to a bunch of juans and pablos working their asses off along with other jobs probably. i've already worked in fast food. what do?

Funny enough, there is only 2 hispanic people on the line for my restaurant and they are both american born. They are both sous.

All the porters and food preppers are hispanic and don't speak a word of english. They are hard workers I give them that.

If you absolutely hate hispanic people, you should definitely not work in the culinary world. They do the majority of the labor intensive but menial jobs.

The pay is garbage, The sous chefs told me they work 80 hour weeks on a salary that equates to 800$ a week before taxes, and this is for a Michelin starred restaurant.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.