[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I make plenty of cakes pretty much one a week but I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg (110KB, 570x420px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg
110KB, 570x420px
I make plenty of cakes pretty much one a week but I've never made cookies before, and I don't know where to start really. I'm looking to try something new.

I want to make 2 batches. One with oats which I think I've found a good recipe for but I've got no idea for the other type. Any recipes or suggestions here for another kind? Any recipes you post will be great.
>>
>>9010601
Just buy some Hershey's chips and make the Tollhouse Cookies recipe off the back. Use margarine if you want a soft cookie, butter if you want a crisp one. Use melted butter if you want extra-crisp. It's not hard.
>>
These are my favorite.

http://theperfectchocolatechipcookie.com/instruct.php
>>
I was the same as OP not too long ago, never had made my own cookies so I went out and bought a box of chocolate cookie mix (yeah, I know it's cheaper in bulk to buy each of the ingredients myself, but it was only $3)

I ended up eating all of the cookies myself and got a wicked bad tummyache and shit out tar the next day, but the cookies were good!
>>
Someone posted this a while back and I used it and it is fucking magnificent

1 cup cold butter (2 sticks, don’t use margarine)
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp vanilla
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
3 cups chocolate chips

With an electric mixer or food processor, beat the butter into the sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until just mixed. Add the flour and baking soda, and beat until well-blended.

Now add the chocolate chips and stir them in with a spoon. Make cookie balls with a spoon or your fingers. The balls should be as large around as a half-dollar; you should get 3 dozen.

Put the balls on a tray, cover with foil, and refrigerate overnight. Chilling them is required.

To bake, place a dozen cookie balls on a cookie tray and let sit 10 minutes at room temperature while the oven preheats to 400 degrees. Bake them 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are brown but the center is still tan. Take them out of the oven and allow to finish cooking on the pan for a few minutes.

They key is follow it to a tee. No substitutes like margarine. I do 8 minutes cause I like them a bit softer rather than crisp.
>>
really gotta get good quality chocolate chips or else u gone fuck up, so probably just go with hersheys
>>
File: IMG_20170602_181456-2277x3036.jpg (1MB, 2277x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170602_181456-2277x3036.jpg
1MB, 2277x3036px
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/10911/double-chocolate-mint-cookies/

I halved the recipe and went down to 1c butter. Subbed 1c sugar for 1c packed light brown sugar. Baked for 1min longer than recipe asked for. Oh, and used peppermint oil (1/4+1/8tsp) vs extract. Totally delicious. The peppermint garnish is ok but a dusting would be better but honestly they don't need either.
>>
>>9010758
Here again. Do you like spices like allspice and cloves?
https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/6414-oatmeal-spice-cookies
This link can be cancer on a desktop so I'll write it down too.

Oatmeal Spice Cookies
1½ c flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp allspice
1½ tsp cloves
1½ tsp ginger, ground
⅛ tsp salt
½ tsp ground pepper
½ tsp baking soda
2 sticks (8oz) butter
1 c sugar, white
1 c sugar, light brown, packed
2 eggs
3 c oats, rolled
1 tsp vanilla

Oven to 375. Line two sheets with foil, shiny side down. Sift flour w/ spices, salt & baking soda. Set aside.

In mixer cream butter. Add vanilla & both sugars. Beat well. Add eggs & beat to mix.

On low speed beat in dry ingredients. Stir in oats with a spoon. Use ¼ cup batter for each cookie (these will be LARGE) and only do 5-6 cookies per sheet.

Bake for 12-15 min on 2nd and 3rd rungs in the oven. Swap sheet positions once during baking. Set to cool overnight on wire racks.

Notes: You really gotta bake multiple batches here but it's worth it. I didn't and had to cut mine apart. Also, setting out overnight is key. These cookies went pretty flat on me and they looked really crumbly, but damn did they set up into a perfect light thing. Don't add raisins either, they'd just take away from the spices.
>>
Oatmeal raisin cookie question. How do I keep the raisins from getting burned in the oven? Every time I've tried to make oatmeal raisin cookies, the cookies come out great EXCEPT for the raisins, which are tiny little carbonized husks. Do I need some special sort of raisin, or should I freeze them first, or what?
>>
>>9011363
>. How do I keep the raisins from getting burned in the oven? Every time I've tried to make oatmeal raisin cookies, the cookies come out great EXCEPT for the raisins, which are tiny little carbonized husks. Do I need some special sort of raisin, or should I freeze them first, or what?
Get insulated cookie sheets. They save all cookies.
>>
>>9010601
They came out Okay. Taste is fine and so is the the texture but they're all a bit dark.
>>
>>9011363
That's odd, hasn't happened to me. If you're having a real problem with it try soaking your raisins for a couple hours in a bit of water (or something like dark rum if you want a kick to them) to soften and plump them up. They should last through the baking just fine.
>>
File: 20160511_210954_HDR.jpg (2MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160511_210954_HDR.jpg
2MB, 3984x2988px
These guys always get rave reviews when I make them:

http://www.food.com/recipe/soft-molasses-cookies-63981
>>
>>9011371
But the cookies aren't coming out burned on the bottom. The raisins just puff up and turn to charcoal on and inside the cookies.

>>9011860
>try soaking your raisins
Interesting idea. Thanks! I'll try it.
>>
>>9010601
>Use margarine if you want a soft cookie
Please do not support the soft cookie meme.
It is time for this fad to die
>>
>>9010601

Chocolate chip oatmeal. People will ask if they're raisin oatmeal. Then you tell them they're chocolate chip oatmeal. And they smile and relax and eat cookies.
>>
I made browned butter cookies last week for my mom
Ended up really good, but I really want to replace some of the sugar with some sort of infused herbal syrup for a little extra kick (rosemary or tarragon or something)
Didn't actually get percentages made but here's what I wrote down.
>around 2.5 cups total of sugar (33% white 67% brown)
>2 sticks of butter, browned
>.5 sticks of butter, unsalted and not browned
>2.25 cups of half cake flour half ap flour (all AP is fine if you don't have cake on hand)
>2 eggs
>dash of cinnamon
>dash of vanilla
>a bit of salt
>half a teaspoon of Baking soda

This is a slightly modified version of the serious eats brown butter cookies.
I started creaming cooled brown butter and sugar, and since I couldn't get very good homogeneity in the mixture, I added a bit of room temp butter to help it along.
cinammon added a bit of a kick to that browned butter flavor.
I prefer to cream only butter and sugar then add eggs one at a time, then vanilla at the end.
Also, I cream for a fuck long time to ensure the creamed mixture is homogenous and extra silky.
I only added as much of the dry mixture to the creamed shit until the dough was not too slack and not too tight. Used cake flour to ensure that I wouldn't develop much gluten since I had to take my eyes off the mixer for other projects while mixing.
Add choco chips at very end and fold in with hands.
Probably would also be good with some nuts or toffee or something
>>
I use bread flour instead of regular flour. Because of that I use an extra egg yolk and milk. And melted butter. Then to bake I set it to 400, put them in, then bring it down to 300. Softest, chewiest cookies in the world.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.