[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buffalo Wings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 35

File: wings.png (232KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
wings.png
232KB, 500x379px
I keep reading articles about places like Applebee's, TGI Fridays, and in particular, Buffalo Wild Wings facing hardships and having a bleak future. I don't really give a shit about the other places, but I don't want to live in a world without B-Dubs.

How does everyone else feel about this? Do the recent board changes promise any hope for B-Dubs? Will this trend keep going and eventually kill the chain? Does anyone else here even give a fuck?

I rarely post on this board, every store has a different experience, and my favorite food in the world is buffalo wings. Bear all these things in mind please before dumping on me.

Also wings thread. Post the best wings you've ever had here, even if you made them yourself.
>>
>>9009848
Fast food is pretty shitty, but B Dubs is nothing but overpriced wings. The only reason to go is if none of your friends have Direct TV on gameday.
>>
File: 1447369171213.jpg (21KB, 298x292px) Image search: [Google]
1447369171213.jpg
21KB, 298x292px
>going anywhere but wingstop
>>
B-dubs has a terrible and over-priced menu. The future failure of b-dubs was clear when McDonalds spent hundreds of millions of dollars to roll out wings nationwide that nobody bought.
>>
>>9009854
I mean I only go on Tuesdays, but I've been like... everywhere that serves wings. Even places that don't sell themselves on wings. Maybe you'll say my taste is shit, but frankly B-Dubs has the best wings I've ever had. I mean the whole package. The sauce, the fact that the chicken is always moist and the wings are good sized.

Of course my store is in the Tampa, Florida area, and like I said, different stores can mean different experiences.
>>
>>9009863
I've yet to try this but I've heard people rave about it. I don't think there's one anywhere near me, is the problem.
>>
>>9009868
>>9009848
You fucking reek of corporate.

sage and fuck off
>>
>>9009848
They'd probably have better business if it wasn't so expensive. That little basket in your pic is probably $20 there.
>>
>>9009872
Here's your (You)
>>
>>9009873
Like I said, I only go on Tuesdays so I don't know. I can usually get 20 wings for about 10 bucks. 50 cents per wing doesn't sound like a bad deal to me, and I'm usually hesitant to get wings when the price hovers close to a dollar per wing, so I probably wouldn't go into B-Dubs any other day of the week.
>>
>>9009872

No need to be an ass. Hasn't hit shill level yet.

>>9009848

Frankly OP I don't doubt you've tried "so many places" but I think you should probably keep trying to find a place that has better wings. Or at least a close second in case BWW does go under in the future.
>>
>>9009868
http://order.wingstop.com/vendor/search?StreetAddress=tampa+florida&search=Search

Here ya go senpai
>>
if I hear one more person call it B dubs im going to scream
>>
>>9009911
wub wubbs
>>
>>9009911
Beeh Dubbz
>>
>>9009900
Well fuck me, I'll have to give this a try.

The places I've had wings over the course of my life is too long to list, but I can try to throw out a few.

Wing House, Hooters, Beef O Brady's, Chili's, Applebee's, B-Dubs, TGI Fridays, Pizza Hut's wing brand, Olde Town Pizzeria, Bubba Q's, Ruby Tuesday's, Publix, Whistle Junction, The Landing, Mission BBQ, Sonny's, more dive bars than I'm willing to admit, KFC, Zaxby's, Salem's, Nick's Pizzeria, Duke's Brewhouse, Miller's Ale House, Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza...

The list goes on, and yes, they're mostly "chain" places. Am I destined to hunt for obscure or humble places to find the perfect wing?
>>
>>9009911
S-sorry senpai
>>
I like wings and when BWW first opened here it was awesome, I went once a week, there were two servers who knew me well enough to place my drink order the minute I walked in and I always asked to be sat in their area. But once they'd been there for a bit the quality started to tank, so now I don't go. Same thing for most of the wings places in my area. They're just kinda shitty and grungy.

Flying Saucer makes the best wings, though. Perfectly crispy.
>>
>>9009949
OP here, where pray tell is this Flying Saucer?
>>
Wings Over is alright. Wings are kind of a meme food anyway.
>>
>>9009960
Okay, I'll bite. Meme food?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by that, but there is no other food I would rather have than wings. And I'll eat a WIDE variety of foods, like I'm always willing to try a new dish or a new recipe or a new food place, but wings are always at the top of my list. How can a food one loves so much be written off so callously? :(
>>
>>9009971
>How can a food one loves so much be written off so callously?

They are dumb person food.
>>
>>9009971
What I mean is that 99% of wings are overfpriced pieces of crap that people eat with beer because they're willing to settle for less. Some wings are great, especially homemade ones with a lot of care put into them. Even worse than wings are tendies. Just low grade meat with shit slathered on it. I'd much rather have some good barbeque.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about wings is knowing that I'm paying so much for so little. 6 bucks for 6 wings (if you're lucky) when you can get a whole chicken for about the same price is a ripoff. I guess the same is true of a lot of restaurants. I guess the heart of the issue for me is that I don't mind paying a lot for something that's high quality, and I don't mind paying a couple bucks for something crappy, but I don't like shelling out 15-20 dollars for a very mediocre meal.
>>
>>9009911
bee dubble-you threes
>>
B-Dubs has priced themselves out of relevance for me. I know that all restaurants are having to increase prices, but JESUS. I wouldn't have been able to eat if it hadn't been half-price Tuesdays last time!
>>
>>9010003
My rule of thumb is if they're not on the bone, they're not worth bothering with. 90% of the time if it's "boneless" or like you said, some sort of "tender" it'll be pressed bullshit. Even if it's just meat stripped off the bone and then breaded, the breading kills it for me.

I love wings but I get what you're saying, which is probably why I find myself in this dilemma in the first place: No one who prepares wings seems to actually give a shit how they turn out, and so I look for a place that sells themselves on the wings (or at least pretends to with their name, can't speak highly of Wing House).

For that reason I'll have to try Wing Stop, but been doing some searching for little places around the Tampa area and found such places for my to-try list as The Wing King, Wings & Buckets, RJ Wings N Things, etc.
>>
>>9010019
I guess the real problem they're facing is that exact problem: There's not much motivation to go in there any day other than Tuesdays, but they have to open their doors 7 days a week.

They need to find some sort of incentive, be it pricing changes or promos, or something related to the actual FOOD (and not gimmicks like having over 9000 TVs on sports channels) to get people in the other 6 days.
>>
>>9009863
They have nice flavors but nothing spicy enough for me and the chicken isn't really consistent. That said, B-dubs usually has the one mutant wing in every fucking basket from a chicken that probably has the genetics that give corgis their stumpy limbs.
>>
>>9010029
OP here, worth trying at least?
>>
>>9010003

>Six dollars for a whole chicken

Lmao do you shop?
>>
>>9010037
costco has a $5 rotisserie chicken
I go to a grocery store that has similarly priced rotisserie chicken (bit more expensive). I also know I can get various cuts for something like ~$1/lb after specials. What's your point?
>>
I have a mission to seek out wing places now. Just thinking about it is making me hungry.
>>
Honestly, the smoky garlic wings from Pizza Hut are my favorite. Buffalo Wild Wings is good but way overpriced.
>>
File: roe.png (911KB, 977x835px) Image search: [Google]
roe.png
911KB, 977x835px
>>9010055
my favorite reviewbrah vid is when he can't handle hot wings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjrt_f1cbx0
>>
File: IMG_9170.jpg (1MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9170.jpg
1MB, 5184x3456px
Someone say buffalo wings?
>>
File: 13626978535363538354.jpg (39KB, 608x287px) Image search: [Google]
13626978535363538354.jpg
39KB, 608x287px
>>
>>9010102
those are the most unnecessary shallots i've ever seen
>>
I don't know which name triggers me more, 'b-dubz' or 'Maccas'
>>
File: 1445970054685.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
1445970054685.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>>9009863
>Wingstop

Must suck to be in bum fuck nowhere.

ATL - All The Luv
Great flavors, great variety.
Ballpark Pizza & Sub
Hottest wings ive ever had. BWW hot is fucking nothing compared to the Hall of Flame.
>>
>>9010117
'Za Hut
>>
>>9010122
That ones not real.
>>
>>9010120
OP here. I can handle hot and I always bring myself to give the Blazin' wings a try every so often, and after I stop eating them, they finally catch up to me and kick my ass. The problem is, I've also been to places that boast "the hottest wings" and they're hot as fuck but the sauce tastes watery or flavorless.

I want a wing that isn't hot for hot's sake. I want a wing that's flavorful, and if it's hot AND flavorful, bonus points. My mainstay sauce (that I get with a couple of the other sauces on some of the wings just to mix things up) at B-Dubs is Wild, because it's just the right amount of heat and flavor.
>>
I do not care since I can just make my own wings. It's not hard at all and it's a lot cheaper.
>>
File: file.png (468KB, 719x779px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
468KB, 719x779px
The Wing Cafe is the best place in my area aside from this bbq place that has awesome smoked wings but they don't have any variety. They used to be part of the Wild Wings franchise until there was some disagreement and they left to become independently owned. Their garlic parmesan wings are the best wings I've ever had. I also only go on BOGO Tuesday's. $1.20 wings can't be justified even if they are really good.
>>
>>9010137
How do you cook your wings, friend? The problem I have is I just can't get that deep fried goodness without some workaround method, like pan-frying or (god forbid) baking them. Don't get me wrong, baked chicken can be good, but for wings it always tastes... wrong.

I'm hesitant to go out and get a deep fryer, but I know that's the obvious answer to my dilemma.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1692x938px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1692x938px
Check these out OP. I love this lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSh6VJYRV-g
>>
>>9010144
Oh shit, I forgot to mention that there's a BBQ place that does mean smoked wings. Smokey Bones. Ah, you can get them fried too, but their fried variant kind of sucks. If I want smoked wings again though, I'm sure as shit going there again, especially since they have all you can eat wings for $12 after 9pm (they close at like 2am or some shit) there. Not bullshit caveat all you can eat wings, like I actually went there on an empty stomach and tested that. I got somewhere around like 30 wings in me for only 12 bucks. I was a happy man that day.
>>
buffalo wild wings is overpriced bullshit

i can go to walmart's deli and get twice the amount of the same wings for half the price. just can't get the meme sauces
>>
>>9010149
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK SON

I want this lady to make me some chicken.

>>9010152
I forgot to mention in my last that I've had Walmart's wings too. I didn't think it beared mentioning, but they were not worthy of mention. If you just want any old wing though, I guess they fill the square. Not that I'm arguing with your assessment of B-Dubs prices. Everyone else seems to be saying the same thing, so I guess if it's not Tuesday, their prices objectively suck.
>>
>>9010152

Their thai sauce is really good though. Overall it's a pretty crappy restaurant but I like that sauce.

>>9010151

Damn I might have to hunt down a Smoky Bones. Even if the wings aren't that great I bet I could get my money's worth. I wouldn't even have to feel too bad about eating a mountain of wings if they were smoked.
>>
>>9010157
You can rotate the sauces you get on each batch (5 wings) they bring out, too, so if you've got a big belly you can try every one of their BBQ house sauces on them. Definitely a good deal, so long as you're a late and big eater.
>>
>>9010157
http://smokeybones.com/locations/

All in FL, so if you don't live in the state... SOL.
>>
What's a good threshold to divide wing prices? People throw around "overpriced" and "good deal" in this thread, but what's the price point at which a wing is overpriced? Under which point it's a good deal?

Just curious.
>>
>>9010209
t. BWW marketing team
>>
I won't miss BDubs at all, too many good local wing places to ever eat there
>>
>>9010225
>>9009872
Can you quit being a knee-jerk samefagging nigger and answer a legitimate question? What are you, a fucking hipster? Or do you legitimately not have any actual standards by which to measure "value?" and so you've been blindsided by the question?

Humor me. You must have a point at which you'll draw a line about how much you're willing to pay for a good or service. Or is your purpose to be the least contributing member on this board?

>inb4 triggered, salt, etc etc le maymay
>>
File: samefaggingnigger.jpg (52KB, 1541x154px) Image search: [Google]
samefaggingnigger.jpg
52KB, 1541x154px
>>9010234
kys and take your shitty wings with you
>>
>>9010246
Answer the question, nigger.
>>
Feels bad, man. Their half-priced Tuesday is half the reason I even get up in the morning.
>>
>>9010246
>strikes down one point of a post with multiple points
>smugpepe.jpg
>>
>>9010234

ignore contrarian fuckheads, anon. I personally don't feel like bone-in wings are worth a penny more than 70 cents apiece.
>>
wings are literally a garbage part of a chicken

gizzards
livers
wings
>>
>>9010267

>objectively wrong

Meat is meat, anon. Organs are trash, muscle matter is always of value. Especially white meat. I could argue that dark meat is trash and say throw our legs and thighs, cuz I said so.
>>
>>9010127
not yet
>>
>>9010149
How do you get juicy fried chicken if you cook it for 20 minutes like that?
>>
>>9010301
Korean magic.
>>
>>9010301
brine
>>
>>9010234
>>9010260
seconded, though I'm a pretty cheap person in general so w/e
>>
motherfuck I want wings now after seeing those pics
>>
>>9010037
I'm in SC and I'd consider it a rip off to buy a whole, raw chicken for anything over $8 and they average around $6.50-$7. Cooked rotisserie whole chickens are even less, around $5 which I don't understand since they cooked and seasoned them for you.
>>
>>9010664
>rotisserie chicken cheaper than fresh

They use it as a "loss leader" to get people in the store because they know they'll be buying more than the chicken.
>>
>>9010691
Interesting. Thank you. Makes a lot of sense, really.
>>
File: gettyimages-53078399.jpg (104KB, 620x419px) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-53078399.jpg
104KB, 620x419px
>>9010691
>go into costco on Friday evening around 6 pm
>pick up a rotisserie chicken and immediately walk to the checkout
>see another guy in his mid 20s standing in line with only a rotisserie chicken
>give him an understanding nod
>a third long guy in his 20s comes up holding only a rotisserie chicken
>we all stare at one another for 15 uninterrupted seconds

it was a strange moment
>>
>>9010706
Some damn good chicken for a Friday evening alone. I like to make sandwiches with the leftovers the next day.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>9009848
These are the wings I had in LA. They were really just chicken nuggets with some kind of sweet, buffalo sauce. I wasn't impressed, the wings are better in Europe.
>>
>>9010753
you went to fucking chilis you idiot
nothing there is good
>>
>>9010762
>idiot
Maybe but all the food there was pretty poor.
>>
>>9010691
>>9010664
it's also just to save money on whole chickens that don't sell. When it's getting close to expiring they do this just to make a little money instead of throwing it away. Sam reason you get cooked ribs so cheap compared to raw and cheap fruit and veggie trays
>>
>>9010784
One of the stores I go to also has rotisserie pork loin. It comes out dripping juices all over and is so amazing. It makes me want to buy my own counter top rotisserie but I don't know if it would have the same result.
>>
File: IMG_1968.jpg (69KB, 306x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1968.jpg
69KB, 306x455px
>be a kid from a poor family in the 80's
>mom makes wings covered in various sauces several times weekly because wings are cheap
>small bites of meat with tendon and gristle
>probably one of the worst parts of the chicken next to heads and feet
>30 years later retards are paying $1 each for this shit
>>
>>9010805
I just go with thighs and legs now but even those are like gold at restaurants for some reason. Spinx (gas station) has good fried chicken but they charge extra for dark meat now. Years ago, dark meat was always discounted and breasts were the big thing.
>>
>In my day a whole chicken cost a quarter and they would throw in the wings for free

Tell me about the time sliders were a nickel a piece Grandpa
>>
>>9010817
most fucking definitely fucking well fuck right fucking off m8
>>
>>9010817
Wings are part of a whole chicken so they'd be included in the price.
>>
>>9009848
>Post the best wings you've ever had here
we have a shitty chain around here called buddy's bbq
they have smoked wings that they fry off at the last second and sprinkle with dry rub and they are better than anywhere else, I tell you what
>>
File: IMG_1710.jpg (35KB, 485x491px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1710.jpg
35KB, 485x491px
>>9009848

>50c wing tuesdays!
>now 55c!
>now 65c!
>now 70c!
>also, 75c per dip faggot, no free handouts
>$4.50 for 11 fries
>also, on non-Tuesday you pay $13 plus tax and tip for 10 hungry skelly wings and NO free sauce, commie

O-ok
>>
>>9010173
Nah they aren't all in fl there's one up here in albany ny and I'm sure elsewhere too
>>
>>9011007
Are spiedies a thing in Albany or just Binghamton?
>>
>>9011029
Not around here although I hear they're popular in central ny as well
>>
>>9010047
Yeah but it tastes fucking disgusting and rubbery
>>
File: 1469485309598.jpg (76KB, 818x768px) Image search: [Google]
1469485309598.jpg
76KB, 818x768px
>>9009911
kys sperg
>>
>>9010029
>Atomic isn't spicy enough

That shit is basically inedible due to the spice and if you can't find it spicy enough you're what wrong with the wing restaurant industry
>>
You like BWW? Don't ask someone who works BOH how often they change/wash the sauce buckets; you'll never want to eat there again.
>>
File: 1460211752615.jpg (25KB, 473x473px) Image search: [Google]
1460211752615.jpg
25KB, 473x473px
>>9010149
I wanna fuck her so bad
>>
>>9011448
>Only cooked food goes in
>Constant use throughout the day with new sauce going in
So long as its even once a day its almost certainly fine. A lot of those FCC guidelines are written so that children 3 and under, seniors older than 65, and people with AIDS can safely consume the food.
>>
>>9011464
FDA obviously
>>
B-dubs is the only non-sports-bar that shows all the UFC ppv events. I really they don't go out of business
>>
Going to 7/11 right now cause wings. 10 for $5 wish me luck bros.
>>
>>9011464
>>9011466
You don't have to justify your poor sanitary practices to me; I haven't eaten at that shithole since high school. No, the only people you have to justify your laziness to are yourself, the health inspector, and God.
>>
>>9009868
Best wings I ever had were at some podunk pizza place. The bdubs in my city is absolute 100% garbage. It always takes >30 minutes to get fried food out, the servers are hand selected retards, and the manager is nowhere to be seen.
>>
>>9011494
You're why so many kids today have deadly allergies and need to be hospitalized constantly
>>
>>9011511
I don't care; your insults don't suddenly make BWW's terrible wings at all appetizing.
>>
>Buffalo Wild Wings
>$12 for 12 wings as a "spicy hot challenge"
>BUT WHY WONT ANYBODY BUY OUR PRODUCTS????
Serves them fucking right
>>
File: 1311704000383.png (159KB, 435x419px) Image search: [Google]
1311704000383.png
159KB, 435x419px
>>9010149
She can crunchy my chicken all day if you know what I mean.
>>
>>9010149
Is that Ms Swan?
HE LOOKA LIKE A MAN
>>
>>9011541
>>9011454
>>9010149
I bet she fucks like a demon.

I'd make our neighbors fucking hate us
>>
>>9009863
the seasoning they use on their fries at wingstop is great.
>>
>>9010706
I love roti's, man. Perfect for a quick protein to add to a dish, such as gumbo or enchiladas, and the bones make a fine-ass stock.
>>
>>9011491
So 10 wings are $5 but 20 wings are $11.99

ordered 5 bacon ranch and 5 bbq. they gave me 5 bacon ranch and 5 buffalo. They both suck. I'm especially disappointed in the buffalo, barely has any flavor.
>>
>>9009848
I wish I could replicate at home wings from those places.

I'm guessing that like pizza, you need a really hot oven.

I can't even make a good sauce and the store bought stuff is garbage.
>>
>>9010102
looks like shit faggot
>>
>>9011905
>HE CANT MAKE HIS OWN SAUCE

are you autistic?
>>
>>9011905
VINEGAR, CHILIS, WATER, GARLIC
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT

FUCKING NIGGERS REEEEE
>>
>>9009848
Don't give a fuck, since "BDubs" sucks.
If they want to stick around, they need to change how they make wings.
>>
>>9011905
>you need a really hot oven.
No, you deep fry them.

You can easily do that at home. If you don't own a deep fryer then just use a pot of oil on the range and use a thermometer to make sure your temp is correct.
>>
>>9009848
I've never had good wings there. Overpriced, over-sauced, marginal at best quality wings. On top of swimming in sauce, their sauces so far all taste like shit. Could be a great place but it isn't. At all.
>>
>>9011905
You realize they just use frank's red hot in 90% of sports bars

The same shit you buy in the store
>>
>>9012040
This. Frank's Red Hot and melted butter/margarine. Probably the most used "Buffalo Sauce" in existence
>>
File: OY VEY!!!!!!!.jpg (3KB, 106x125px) Image search: [Google]
OY VEY!!!!!!!.jpg
3KB, 106x125px
>>9012010
>you need a really hot oven
>>
>>9009880
Its at least 65 cents per wing now even on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The price of chicken has increased dramatically in recent years
>>
>>9012049
That's because it's the original recipe. When buffalo wings were first made in Buffalo in the 60s, they were unseasoned chicken wings deep fried and tossed in a sauce of Frank's red hot and butter.
>>
>>9009848
The only thing I'd miss is their buffalo ranch and onion rings.
>>
>>9012074
It's good on some nice crispy naked wings. Not going to lie, it's my favorite for good reason
>>
>>9012010
oven gives better wings though
deep frying is for bars and plebs who don't have the luxury of time
>>
>>9011905
google about using baking powder making wings
better than deep fried and easy as fuck to do, but takes some time
>>
>>9012074
I get that it's the original recipe but for your restaurant to be compelling you have to offer something nobody else has. If I can get the same wings in 99 other places why should I eat at your bar in particular?
>>
>>9012097
>oven gives better wings though

Only if you suck at cooking
>>
you'll find somewhere else to get drunk in the parking lot of on wed. night after they kick your big fat belly out of their ok ?
>>
>>9009911
>>9009915
wubba lubba dub dub xD
>>
>>9011926
>>9012040
My thing is a good Buffalo wing sauce is delicious, but pretty much all other sauces are better and getting good recipes and replicating them at home for those can be hard. Mango habanero is possible to duplicate but I've never been successful in making a sauce anywhere similar to Wingstop's Hawaiian. I assume it has pineapple in it but everything I've found and tried at home has not been close at all.
>>
>>9012097
No deep frying wings is always better. The oven is actually a time saving measure for a result thats acceptable definitely inferior. Oven should only be used if you're making like 50+ wings for a party or something.
>>
>>9012180
time saving? It takes me 1.5 hours in the oven for my wings if I only make about 35 of them. Some times longer. Before that they are still soggy. The results have always been better than deep frying because it gets more flavor into the meat from the bone. I wouldn't call 1.5 hours time saving over a 5 minute method, though.
>>
File: chek it.png (248KB, 612x279px) Image search: [Google]
chek it.png
248KB, 612x279px
>>9009911
>checks your b-dubs
now look at these b-dubs
>>
File: 1407735029502.png (258KB, 351x364px) Image search: [Google]
1407735029502.png
258KB, 351x364px
>>9010149
>this woman is 60 years old
>>
>>9012267
An hour in the oven where you do nothing vs 30+ minutes over a hot stove making sure nothing burns is a time saving measure. Oven is for lazies
>>
>>9012274
Okay I get your view now. But I still prefer them in the oven and I still have to flip them every 15 minutes so they don't get stuck to the pan.
>>
>>9010111
Do you even fucking know what shallots are?
>>
>>9012273
korean skincare is magic, hop on that train while you have time
>>
>>9012377
>korean skincare is magic

No, it's that their food is high in seasonal or fermented vegetables and very little sugar and fat.
>>
>>9012556
she literally made fried chicken with brown sugar, that's a bad argument to make in this context
>>
>>9011143
thats cause they cook it to 200 degree internal temp
>>
>>9009848
Bdubs is still doing well where I'm from. Millennials love that shit, especially boneless wings. Bdubs are always packed during the weekly 60 cent boneless days, as well as any major sporting event. I can't imagine them going under, they're so fucking good.
>>
I'm making wings tonight, AMA.
>>
>>9012609
she's cooking korean food for white people you ponce
>>
>>9012754
not an argument
>>
File: IMG_2361.jpg (74KB, 540x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2361.jpg
74KB, 540x484px
>>
>>9012817
Yes it is
>>
File: Boba Zepp.jpg (51KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Boba Zepp.jpg
51KB, 960x720px
>>9012650
Having worked there, I can assure you it's garbage meat. Frozen shit that is held at improper temps, cooked by idiots and served by bimbos.

If that's your quality standard I can't help you.
>>
>>9009848
Best wings were from "Buffalo Wings and Beer" in the DC metro area. Their coffin sauce was the best.
>>
>>9009951
they have multiple locations, the closest one to me now is in Houston. it's a beer place first but the food just happens to be really good.

http://www.beerknurd.com/locations
>>
>>9009863
after they got rid of sliders? nah
>>
>>9010023
Yoooo, wing king on Fletcher is the shit. Really garlicy sauces but the wings are good and the other sauces (hot and nuclear) are my go to.
>>
>>9009848
Good riddance fuck Buffalo Wild Wings what a shitty fucking place.
>>
>>9012267
Nigga, you got to grill them on low heat after the oven to crisp the skin.
>>
Buffulo wild wings is the place that one of two people go to
A) Stupid idiots in high school/college who go "LMAO DUDE WING SAUCE!!!! AND TRIVIA THAT MAKES IT WORTH THE PRICE!"
or
B) Males who are in their 30-40's with their fat ass wives and males too fucking beta to go to hooters for actually better wings at about the same damn price

At least at hooters you can order a drink without getting your wallet ripped a new one
>>
>>9009880
>50 cents per wing
Fuck you, anything over 10 cents a piece for their shitty wings is highway robbery.

Fucking wings aren't even good, anyway.
>>
>>9011029
Spiedies should be a bigger thing, they're just so fucking good but almost completely unknown.

Hey BWW marketing team, start selling spiedies.
>>
They're doing bad because people know their food is shitty. It costs less to buy your own bag of wings and cook them. Why go to an overpriced chain when you can cook your own food for less?
>>
>>9013342
I like you. Indeed they should be bigger. At the same time I don't want them to catch on and become a thing all over. Just for nostalgia reasons.
>>
>>9013397
BWW selling them would be perfect, then.
Mostly because it seems like they have 3-5 years left before total bankruptcy so would get the idea out somewhat while at the same time not linger.
>>
>>9013282
>thinks its possible to get wings at 10 cents a piece
>thinks wings are bad

you actual retarded child. Whats wrong? Are you the kind of faggot that orders "boneless wings" or tendies? You make me sick.
>>
>>9013648
I'm old and remember the 80's too clearly.
>>
>>9009880
You can buy probably 30 wings raw and make your own for no more than 3 dollars.

Those places are highway robbery
>>
>>9009930
dude, what the fuck is this post? this is a list of everywhere youve had buffalo wings? how long did that take you? how many restaurants have you been to in your life? have you been evaluated? you may be a danger to others
>>
I go to a regional chain called Roosters.
They're mostly in Ohio and few locations in surrounding states.
Their consistency recently has been a bit bumpy but still better than bdubs
>>
File: timthumb.php.png (36KB, 301x277px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.php.png
36KB, 301x277px
>>9013904
I've been to one before, there's one in Lancaster that was pretty good.
>>
>>9013676
wings were SOOOOOOO FUCKING BAD IN THE 80s

you're gay
>>
>>9009911
B-
>>
>>9009848
>Quality goes down
>Price goes up
>"Why are they dying"

Shit's easy
>>
>>9010111
kys
>>
>>9013950
They were regarded as being what they were.
The garbage parts you can get for cheap because no one who could afford better wanted to eat them. Sometime in the late 90's they literally became a meme and caught on with the general public and not just barflys and trailertrash.
Nowadays with the larger bred chickens they have a lot more meat in them, but the entire bird tastes worse.
Doesn't change the fact that BWW is overpriced trash.
>>
>>9009848
one just opened last week in my area.
>>
>>9009848
I like how the national media gets mad at millennials for not eating as much shitty chains in favor of better local stuff as though this is a bad trend.
Why do old people love chain restaurants so much?
>>
>>9014042
Chain restaurants are typically owned by publicly-traded corporations. It's usually financial rags crying about how "millenials aren't eating this shit" because their investments aren't paying off.
>>
File: thumb_600.jpg?1391721497.jpg (106KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
thumb_600.jpg?1391721497.jpg
106KB, 590x590px
Anyone who says they prefer bone-in wings to mini-tendies is just trying to seem manly and cool.
>>
>>9014543

The skin on bone in wings is better when its cooked just right
>>
>>9014543
The bone-in wings that I've tried at BWW were fucking awful. I only tried them once, but they were soggy, pale, and sort of cold when they came to my table, seemed like they didn't cook them nearly long enough.
>>
>>9012150
Nah, absolutely not, you have never tried proper oven wings. I mean fryer ones are easier anyway, you don't have to do shit, just pop them in, they are fast but not as good because the cooking time is so slow and the cartilage and other parts of the chicken will be tough as fuck because of the short cooking time.
>>9012180
>No deep frying wings is always better.
Literally, figuratively, objectively and subjectively wrong. Go buy some wings, google about baking powder and wings and cook some today. The long cooking time ends up basically melting all the parts that are usually tough in fried wings, similarly how pork shoulder has tough parts that become tender with long cooking time. And cooking wings in fat is weird procedure anyway, the wings are already loaded with fat, it makes no sense to deep fry them on top of that, except for the fact that it saves time.
Seems like the only reason people defend deep fried ones is because that's what they are used to and because restaurants cook them in fryers because it's efficient.
>>
>>9013153
>go to BWW
>what's on special/happy hour
>we got wells for 5 dollars
>cans/bottles a dollar off

FUCK THAT SHIT
>>
>>9014543
>>9014548
>>9014571
WTF is a bone-in wing? Take out the bones and you've got a chicken nugget.
>>
>>9014852
It's a mini-tender. Chicken nuggets are ground chicken.
>>
I literally just found a found a local place that does wings for the same price (maybe a bit lower) than BWW but gives you more wings that are larger and way tastier.
>>
>>9014848
This is the state of getting happy hour in 2017.
>>
>>9014873
>Chicken nuggets are ground chicken.
what about chic fil a?
>>
>>9014936
Those are mini-tenders too. Not sure why they call them nuggets, that implies a lower quality than they are.
>>
>>9009930
Holy shit you fucking autist how about learning to make them yourself ? It's fucking easy and you won't have a mental breakdown because "muh bee dubs" is going out of business.
>>
>>9009863
how are their tendies?
>>
>>9009848
Fire on rhw Mountain, Pkrtland OR USA

fifteen wings sqimminf in meltwd habanerros.

I ate them all in 2:17 on thw wall bby!

hands down tok spicy. would rwcommwnd.
>>
>>9014950
User was banned for this post
>>
>>9010148
Deep fryer is 42$ I'm sure you save that amount of money in a week by not going out and you can finally gorge yourself on your precious wings.
>>
>>9014543
That looks like literal shit.
>>
>>9014984
Tastes so good though.
>>
>>9013121
I'm definitely going to give it a try when I find the chance. What's pricing like?
>>
>>9013153
Hooters has objectively some of the worst wings I've ever fucking tasted. You can cry beta all you want, I go to a wing place to eat wings, not look at tits meant to distract from the shitty food.
>>
>>9013895

what's the problemo famalamerino?
>>
File: 1487400807047.jpg (406KB, 2193x2617px) Image search: [Google]
1487400807047.jpg
406KB, 2193x2617px
>B-Dubs
>>
>>9014899
Name and location of place?
>>
>>9014946

if you bothered to read >>9010148 you'd see he (assuming it's OP) already makes wings
>>
>>9015086
https://www.yelp.com/biz/atlas-kitchen-and-lounge-seattle
>>
>>9014950
Despite the autistic post, yes, this is one of the best wings you can get.
>>
Do people actually go out for wings now? They aren't cheap and okay like they used to be, just pricey and shitty. There is only one place in my whole town where I would get wings and its just because they have a sauce challenge and if you eat em all you get it free.
>>
>>9014782
I've done both multiple times. All the oven techniques and coatings simply produce an inferior exterior and your claims about a juicier interior are dubious since oven fried wings are not in the oven anywhere near as long as other slow roasted meats. Oven is exclusively for when I don't want to use a fuck ton of oil and then have to dispose of all that oil. Its never for when I want the best wings
>>
>shitty chains that serve only the elderly and stink of despair and Midwest failure are dying
What a time to be alive

Anyway, wings.
There's a place near my house that's all about wings and it's tasty as hell.
They also have a thing where if you eat 7 of their hottest wings in 7 minutes without a drink you get your picture on the wall.
Their hottest is really fucking hot though. I had trouble eating an order of the five alarm wings and drank like a gallon of milk with it, so I have a lot more heat training to do before I take on the seven alarm.
>>
>>9014950
>lol u tk him 2 da bar?
>>
>>9009848
>places like Applebee's, TGI Fridays, and in particular, Buffalo Wild Wings facing hardships and having a bleak future.
I think the only reason these places manage to stay in business at all is because they're the only game in the towns where they're located. People, especially single people like going out for drinks and bar food after work. If they're no proper pub they settle for places like Applebee's, TGIFridays and BWW. The same way people who live in places without decent affordable Italian restaurants line up for the Olive Garden. My issue is that I never want to eat any of that food, let alone pay the prices they charge for it. So I couldn't live in a place where these kinds of chains were the only options for dinner and drinks.

If I'm on the road and it's getting time to pack it in for the day I'll drive to the next town if all I see are these kinds of places.
>>
>>9015784
Wing Stop is worth every penny.
>>
>>9016103
Their fries are total shit though and only edible if you soak them in ketchup because they are so dry.
>>
File: yummy house.jpg (134KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
yummy house.jpg
134KB, 1024x768px
>>9009848
Best wings in Miami have me ruined for every other wing place I ever go to when I travel. Floppy thick skin, meat that sticks to the bone or is tough, undercooked, overcooked, oversauced, skimpy, hairy, busted bones. Ugh. You can be very disappointed getting wings most everywhere, once you've had some Miami style wings, you really get spoiled.

"Miami style" refers to Hole in the Wall, or Sports Grill style, where a fried buffalo sauced wing is brushed with a seasoned garlicky, slightly jerk like, worchestershire tangy sauce and then grilled until the skin is crispied back up and has that funk of worchestershire. It's heavenly, where you can one bite the savory wing and bite off all the meat and skin. It simply falls away from the smooth bone in one single smooth step. The skin is so perfect.
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/restaurants/miamis-ten-best-chicken-wings-6573420

Every now and then you can find good wings asian style, such as Sakura in Miami or Yummy House in Sarasota or a "butter wing" at a pho noodle soup restaurant like in DC. Wings that are sliced down to the bone, getting that well done nature that also releases steam to ultimate crispness. Served with a simple lime wedge and maybe a plate of 5 spice or simple salt n pepper. Yummy House tops the platter with an amazing amount of green onion, cilantro, fried garlic goodness. See pic. Totally craveworthy.
>>
>>9016134

Interesting. The only thing I like from Wing Stop is their fries, which IMHO are excellent because they are seasoned.
>>
>>9010234
kys shill
>>
>>9016103
I've never had wing stop but they just opened one near me within the last year. Good job, shill. I'll try it.
>>
>>9009868
Charlie what the fuck are you doing on /ck/
More like Buffalo MILD Wings
>>
File: 1479223497608.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479223497608.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
>>9009848
>he doesnt exclusivly dine on the finest Burger King chicken tendies
>>
>>9016000
>All the oven techniques and coatings simply produce an inferior exterior
Then you clearly have fucked things up majorly or never tried the baking powder recipe
>>
the trump economy will save these places

with the obama economy the way it was the mid level restaurants (sitdown chains) couldn't survive. The food quality wasn't high enough or the prices low enough to justify dining there

only fast food counter service places where you could get a quick bite for cheap
or good quality family owned places with higher prices for when someone wanted a nice dinner out were worthy of peoples money

nobody was about to spend $25+ tip to have lunch at fridays. People here aren't wealthy enough right now to treat BWW like a mcdonalds...but that's changing
>>
File: 20170502_190611-2016x1512.jpg (691KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
20170502_190611-2016x1512.jpg
691KB, 2016x1512px
Pic related are the best wings I've ever had from a place called Pluckers. These are their hottest wings and like OP mentiined here >>9010133 they are both hot AND flavorful. I think I might have to go get some tonight
>>
>>9016354
The only way for these places to do well is to get lots of disposable income into the pockets of people who aren't very well educated or cultured and live in the boondocks. How is that supposed to happen? Automation has eliminated most of the kinds of jobs these people used to work. Where are they gonna get the disposable income required to casually eat out at BWW whenever they want?
>>
>>9009868
Really because my bw's has served me obviously reheated wings before, terrible quality for the price. Nasty, dried out tiny wings
>>
File: Obamas Legacy.jpg (100KB, 1024x972px) Image search: [Google]
Obamas Legacy.jpg
100KB, 1024x972px
>>9016447
>Obama was too busy transferring the $$$ from the middle class niggers to welfare niggers....

Obama was a very, very good Wall Street president. And ironically, a very, very bad BLACK president.
>>
>>9016452

This has everything to do with the president and nothing to do with 6 years of republican controlled congress.

Don't stop to think about how congress controls the budget and passes laws. Don't dwell on the fact that the republican congress failed to pass a budget for 6 years and just passed continuing resolutions for 6 years so that the problems just got worse and worse.

Don't think critically of the republican controlled states that blocked healthcare exchanges, and the fact that democratically lead states had better healthcare costs than republican run states throughout the obama presidency.
>>
>>9009854
>overpriced
They're like a dollar a wing. It's normal price, actually.
>>
>>9009848
They'd do better if everything wasn't so fucking expensive. I can get pretty good quality wings at any bar nearby and it's half the price of BWW. Their beer will also be cheaper, with a larger selection and similar big screen TVs.

Lower prices.
>>
>>9016476
A dollar a wing? Holy fuck where do you live? 60c a wing please.
>>
File: logo.png (59KB, 313x206px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
59KB, 313x206px
Posting superior wing joint
>>
>>9016480
Dominos is about 75 cents per wing. Bars tend to have 50 cent wing specials on Wednesdays or Thursdays.
>>
>>9011496
I've actually had a literal retard as a server there before.
>>
>>9016426
the big maneuver is the withdrawal out of the paris accords. It will be much less expensive to do your manufacturing here than in many other developed countries, which will put our laborers back to work
>>9016474
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_a7dQXilCo
>>
>>9016514
It doesn't matter where you do it, when the manufacturing is mostly automated it doesn't create many jobs. Try again.
>>
>>9016557
what about the jobs for the people who make and maintain the automation equipment?
>>
>>9016557
things are less automated than you think, Most things aren't like cars where a robotic arm puts them together like legos

automation increases the speed at which people can work, but doesn't necessarily displace people. Not anymore anyway
the assembly line and automation have existed for over 100 years. Those machines used then are the same kinds of machines used today and still require human operators, inspectors, and repair men.
This isn't new technology here
>>
>>9016562
That's a lot fewer jobs total than manufacturing used to create - almost a negligible amount compared to the past.
>>
>>9016514
Yeah, start paying your labor $20.00/hour to make tennis shoes instead of $1.00 in Bangladesh because we're not in a climate agreement. And who are the other 2 countries not in that climate accord? Nicaraugua and Angola. They sure do have robust economies, don't they?
>>
>>9016594
You can only automate so much. Rote, repetitive tasks are easiest to automate, same for certain data analysis jobs. Automation is still inferior to cheap foreign labor and still loses to certain types of skilled labor (really task specific).
>>
Your local pizza place will always have wings, what's the big deal?
>>
>>9016770
>any old wing will do
>why go to any particular place? I mean you can get a taco at Taco Bell, so who cares if the food truck run by some dude downtown gets shut down? they're both tacos, ecks dee!

Kill yourself
>>
>>9016782
>who cares if the food truck run by some dude downtown gets shut down?
Probably didn't pass their health inspection. Again.
Food trucks are a stupid idea and should be banned nationwide.
>>
>>9016514
>the big maneuver is the withdrawal out of the paris accords. It will be much less expensive to do your manufacturing here

It has nothing to do with manufacturing anything and everything to do with accelerating a scorched earth agenda of using more coal and petroleum instead of transitioning to alternatives. Don't think for an instant this is about helping the american laborer. It's about fattening the wallet of the Koch brothers and their ilk while advancing the real possibility that the planet becomes uninhabitable.
>>
>>9016594
Who's gonna buy the expensive shit you manufacture while paying your laborers first world wages? Not the laborers themselves - they shop at Wal-Mart. The only reason a country like Germany managed to keep their manufacturing jobs was because the government, the unions and the corporations all struck deals to keep the kind of manufacturing jobs they excelled at (precision, high end stuff) in the country. We did no such thing here and now most of those jobs are gone. You can't just wave a magic wand and undo almost three decades of macroeconomics.
>>
I used to travel a lot for work and our team would go to BWW every goddamn Tuesday. The wings are consistently mediocre. The sauce and rubs are general good though. What is really fucking them is how much they charge for beer and sides. $7 a fucking beer.

The chicken at Wingstop is better and I can pick up a 6 pack on the way to enjoy that shit at home.
>>
>>9016808
The Paris Accord was a socialist scheme to give China and India billions of dollars so they could build more slave labor sweatshops to keep the cost of manufacturing artificially deflated.
China and India don't give a goddamn about shit like pollution or human rights, allowing them to pay 10 cents a day to pump out industrial toxins and cheap iPhones.
If you cared about the world as much as you pretend to you'd be celebrating the death of the Paris Accord.
>>
>>9016802

way to miss the fucking point
>>
>>9016802
You're a fucking moron. The point is that if you're sincerely saying all food of a specific type (wings, tacos, pizzas, burgers, whatever) are the exact same, why the fuck are you on /ck/? Literal absence of taste, get the fuck off our board.
>>
>>9016854
>>9016859
How could they be the exact same when one can't even pass a health inspection?
Sure, the e. coli might give it a little more tang, but if it's made of the same ingredients with the same method and the same toppings, the only difference is in your mind.
Unless one is using vastly superior ingredients as well as better methods to utilize them, which you are never going to find in a food truck, they are the same goddamned thing.
>>
>>9016808
Coal and Oil still provide an order of magnitude more energy per person than solar, wind, or hydro at a fraction of the cost.

Green energy is a boondoggle that funnels money into china (they're the only ones mining resources required for panels, and they make all the panels and electronics, all the dynamos for hydro, and wind, and all the various parts for the wind turbines and hydro dams. They also produce most of the world's limestone for concrete.

We need to go to new nuclear tech. It's even more efficient than fossil fuels, and by the time it produces any significant waste, we'll have functional Liquid Sodium reactors that can use 99% of the waste as additional fuel and will produce free rare earth elements for the production of cheap and actually green solar panels.

Paris Accord was a raw deal for the US on every level. I'm glad we pulled out.
>>
>>9016846
Yep, Trump has turned MAGA into MACHI - Make America China. He's already set in motion policies that will leave the US with unbreathable air, undrinkable water and food more toxic than it already is to the benefit of his corporate cronies at the expense of the 90%. As another anon mentioned, Germany sensibly worked out deals between labor and owners to achieve a mutually beneficial symbiosis. The right has eliminated any input from labor and neutered them through open shop laws and still saw a mass exodus of jobs. One look at the dismal situation in red states confirms that.
>>
>>9016882

there are nuances in cooking you fucking autist. no two servings of the same recipe will ever taste exactly the same every time. take it beyond a pretentious bullshit level and you find, yes, the same dish made by two completely different people/stores/companies/whatever will be a different experience.

fuckin done dealing with children like you. just eat everything out of a can, not like you'll ever detect a difference.
>>
I got 20 wings from 7-11 today for ten bucks. Its a pretty good deal. I got the buffalo style and told her to cook fresh ones. I also told her keep them in longer than usual because I want them well done. After about 5 minutes past the usual cooking time they came out perfect. The entire store smelled like wings.
>>
>>9016906
>wah wah he left the paris accord!
Oh no he left a totally unenforceable, non-binding, voluntary agreement that had literally no actual law or policy but was just a symbol
Quit whining, the bad cheeto man hasn't done anything his entire time in office. He's literally a post turtle.
>>
>>9016906
This was a very Blue post. Thanks for Sharing.
>>
>>9016425
Pluckers is the best. Still enjoy a trip to BWW from time to time but Pluckers is goat.
>>
>>9016931
>no two servings of the same recipe will ever taste exactly the same every time
I know, I was just saying how it's amazing how different McDonalds tastes in a foreign nation. It's like it's literally impossible to have standardized ingredients and procedures to ensure that you always sell a consistent product.
>>
File: 1394981235418.gif (1MB, 186x238px) Image search: [Google]
1394981235418.gif
1MB, 186x238px
>>9016966
>>
>>9009848
>went to Buffalo Wildwings for the first and only time
>saw wings were half off- ordered like 15 dollars worth (which is still fucking expensive)
>had 2 beers
>check comes
>$55 dollars
>"oh yeah sorry bud the half-of wings tonight are for BONELESS only"
>$55 for some wings and two (2) beers
>>
>tfw I work at bdubs
>>
>>9015063
Then you haven't had Spicy Garlic
best damn wing sauce of all chain restaurants
>>
>>9017120
You gotta be smarter like us millennials
>>
>>9013947
Bruh, I used to live in Lancaster. Just had to say.
>>
My town has a sports bar that has pretty much the BWW menu (and their own stuff). Their wings are cheaper and far better than BWW.

Maybe you or someone in your area should start a competitor to BWW where you live.
>>
>>9009848
What are the recent board changes?
>>
>>9009971
>How can a food one loves so much be written off so callously? :(

It's 4chan. Just ignore them and think for yourself.
>>
>>9017435

http://www.businessinsider.com/buffalo-wild-wings-ceo-out-after-losing-battle-for-board-2017-6
>>
>>9010083
Oh my god this is a gem.
>>
>>9010127
It is now, faggot.
>>
>tfw regardless of whatever wing place I go to and whatever wing flavor I order, I just sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning over it

It is the best idea and I thank the anon that posted about it.
>>
>>9009863
>wingstop
>not wing snack

I only trust niggers to fry my chicken. It's one of the only things they do well
>>
>>9016882
>Unless one is using vastly superior ingredients as well as better methods to utilize them, which you are never going to find in a food truck, they are the same goddamned thing.
Hey there...
In Miami, and DC, two cities I've lived in, the thing for any great restaurant is to also have a food truck. They're aren't all necessarily drumming up business 7 days a week, but they'll be represented at any major festival, such as Art Basel or the right concert. Within D.C., the craft food truck scene was all the right upscale neighborhoods on a schedule if you had the right apps to find them. It wasn't just the up and comers way to get food out there before affording a brick and mortar restaurant space. I've seen a craft soda truck pull up in Arlington Courthouse metro and immediately get a 40 person line like cellphones all chimed. Sold nothing but soda.
My favorite is/was Sakaya's Dim Ssäm à gogo truck. Fusion heaven.
First Friday in Palmetto Bay Florida might have a 1500 visitors with their coolers, music, chairs, enjoying seabreezes, while more than 40 trucks standby. This is the high rent district right next to Pinecrest, and the customers actually have fine palates. These are not roachmobiles/carnival vendors run by dropouts. I happen to know one conch truck is a former miami dolphin with grandson, and might gross 20k-50k/day in sales on a slow day. Big business in other words.
http://burgerbeast.com/miamifoodtrucks/miami-food-trucks-list/
>>
>>9009848
I live in Buffalo so I'm not concerned about these shit tier places going under
>>
>>9017901
Fuck you, I'm envious of anyone who lives so close to the home of the buffalo wing.
>>
>>9016492
I used to get wings with suicide sauce until the place near me closed down. I tried to recreate their suicide sauce with equal parts, frank's redhot, lousiana hot sauce and tabasco with some cayenne powder added. Its pretty close but you have to let it sit for a few days or it tastes like straight tabasco sauce.
>>
>>9017922
>I tried to recreate their suicide sauce with equal parts, frank's redhot, lousiana hot sauce and tabasco with some cayenne powder added.

None of those things are all that hot.
>>
Don't care, I prefer Beef's wings anyway
>>
Look up Wild Wings Café in Katy, TX. Then get the Wild West wings. Shit is the most fucking cash wings I've ever had in my life. Easily outclasses dryrubs at pluckers, b-dubbs, and wing stop. It's been a long time since I've had them but I'm planning a trip just for em'. If you live in Texas I advise cowboy anons to do the same.
>>
>>9016060
Well sure the place has a bar!
>>
>>9010151
>>9010157

FUCK, I forgot to hit Smokey Bones last night for the endless wings. It's going to be a sad week.
>>
>>9018595
you cunk

This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>9018230
beefs don't have wings they have ribs and steaks
>>
>>9018631
https://www.beefobradys.com/wings.aspx

Don't know what place you're thinking of, but Beef O Brady's is known as "Beef's"
>>
>>9018657
I was thinking of the animals
>>
>>9009848
Worked in a B-Dubs kitchen for 2 years, ask me anything.
>>
>>9018714

Again, I know this varies by location, but what's the actual process (order, etc) for preparing wings "wet"? It can't just be as simple as spinning them twice, can it?

I know another anon bitched about B-Dubs wings being too "soggy" or "swimming in sauce" or something to that effect, but my experience has been that only happens if you ask for em wet.

Also, do orders with 3 or more sauces annoy the kitchen staff?
>>
>>9018687
but I thought buffalo was beef
>>
It's Tuesday... anyone thinking of getting the BWW wing special based on this thread?
>>
>>9018756
fuck it, I'm in
>>
>>9018756

just checked online, I can get 20 wings for $10.75. works for me senpai
>>
>>9016103
Literally have to drive to a place where I would get shot to see one, only in ghettos or shit cities.
>>
>>9018756
>>9018765
>>9018772
Fuck off intern shill
>>
>someone shows an inkling of interest in something
>"omg shill"

people sure are autistic on this board
>>
>>9018772
Those are boneless wings
>>
>>9019306
Kids these days have no self-control or discipline, and are super afraid of being sold anything that they might even remotely want.
>>
>>9010122
Kek I like it
>>
>>9019318

nah senpai, that's traditional on Tuesdays. can you read?
>>
>>9019306
>Showing interest in a fucking corporate chain
>This is worthy of any discussion
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>9009848
BWW will have to bring down prices and rebrand to compete. You can't be a sports bar thats also a place where middle schoolers come for birthday dinners.

They need to get rid of the sit down dining area entirely, replace it with pool tables and shuffle boards, cut half their menu (only appetizers and wings), and lower their drink prices to compete with local bars.

BWW's commercials already sell the wing, beers, sports brand. The restaurant themselves look like a mediocre chain. I don't want to get drunk and yell at a soccer match if some 35 year old suburbanite cunt might ask me to watch my language in front of her kids.

Get rid of kids, sell suburban locations, and focus on urban locations you can turn into popular sports bars. E Z P Z.

Its not a bad business model, since there aren't really any national chain bars yet. Its a niche ready to be exploited.
>>
>>9019888
>Its not a bad business model, since there aren't really any national chain bars yet
There's probably a reason for that. I imagine people's tastes for a care free hangout place is pretty varied. A reason why niche bars do really well in lots of places.

Sounds like what you want is a Wing Stop variant with pool tables and maybe a liquor license on top of the beer and wine. It'd be much better than having BWW reform, Wing Stop tastes consistently better too assuming your local franchises are owned by decent owners.
>>
>>9019888
>there aren't really any national chain bars yet.
Liability is an issue. Someone has a few drinks at your bar and gets into an accident driving home. Or someone ends up in the hospital after a fight. Or killed. Or a careless underpaid server serves alcohol to an underage customer. There's so much risk for so little reward in the idea of franchising a bar. Plus what's hot now might no be hot tomorrow. Coyote Ugly Saloon has 23 locations internationally. Would you be caught dead in any of them?
>>
Do Americans really not have national chain bars?
>>
alright so I went to Wing Tuesday today, and I would summarize my experience as "good, but could be better". my store of choice was the one in Riverview, FL off of Big Bend Road. the wings were moist and hot and well-sized, an excellent wing and the sauces were flavorful. I tried their limited time mandarin tang whatever and their scorpion rum sting, which was flavorful in spite of kicking my ass and being as spicy as their "blazin" sauce. the food was good, and the experience was decent, though there's a few things I want to mention still.

apparently today was the very first day they finally ended 1/2 price wings, so now they do buy one get one, but only on the 5 and 10 packs. ultimately this seems like a ploy to get more money, as instead of getting 20 wings for $10.75, you get 20 wings for $11.99. still an acceptable price per wing, but unwarranted price increase on the one day that draws in traffic seems stupid. the prices on the menu for NON-tuesdays were fucking ludicrous. 5 wings for $7.29? 10 wings for $11.99? are you for real nigger? I can definitely see why people said they're overpriced any day other than tuesday

I talked to the girl working the bar and she said a lot of their traffic is take-out, which still benefits from Wing Tuesday deal and so it hurts the dine-in business. I agree with the anon above, downsize stores that are unnecessarily massive and focus on take-out if that's where all the business is like the barkeep suggests. all in all it was far from a bad experience, but I can certainly see the signs of why the company is hurting. the wait times for dine-in are directly affected by the take-out traffic, so even if it doesn't look busy inside, the barkeep feels pressure from her dine-in customers wondering where the fuck their food is.
>>
>>9018723
For wet wings, we just shake the wings inthe regular amount of sauce, then hold the basket of wings under the pump and squirt on an obscene amount of extra sauce while laughing at the stupid fat customers.

Multiple sauces aren't that bad, it's expected at a wing place. Weird modified salads and burgers and nacho plates are worse.
>>
>>9020879
Most are restaurant/bars, like Planet Hollywood or TGIFridays. There are a few wine bar franchises, but the only bar franchises I can think of are Cheers and Coyote Ugly.
>>
>>9020887
inb4 fuck off shill
>>
>>9020887
this doesn't seem to be a good deal for someone like me who is only interested in 10 wings.
>>
>>9009868
>different experience in every store
Top kek
>>
>>9009930
Turtle Bay in Orlando. Do it. Yes, it is a trip. You'll never want B-Dubs again after that.
>>
File: 1433652781031.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1433652781031.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>being from Buffalo, NY
>looking at this thread
>shittywingchain.bmp
>wingswithpeanuts.png
>mfw
>>
>>9021663
Also you're going to want Duff's if you want wings
>>
you motherfuckers made me buy wings today

YOU DID THIS TO ME
>>
>>9022054
Post a detailed review of your experience like the other >>9020887 anon
>>
>>9022054
Idiot. Wings are shit.
>>
>>9022063
why are you even posting in this thread then? do you think anyone in this 300 post thread going on about wings is going to have a change of heart about their incorrect fondness for wings? or are you just a massive faggot who has to voice his opinion where it's not wanted?
>>
>>9021633
Some wings are actually better next day, similar to how chili seems to mature after sitting. They lose their 'crisp' quality on the exterior but the flavor really comes out.
>>
>>9022063
typical faggot
>>
>>9022080
everyone wants my opinion. some people just don't know they want it yet.
>>
File: 0.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>9021668
Nigga go to bar bills in East Aurora
>>
>>9022062
I too discovered that the half price tuesday was replaced with this bogo shit, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised based on what other people were saying. I went to the grand prairie texas b-dubs, and it wasn't bad at all. the wings were good, though they took forever to come out even though it wasn't that packed. reading >>9020887 I at least am more sympathetic to the why. I got hot bbq because I'm a pussy little bitch, but they're nice and rich and tangy. meat was fine, sauce was fine, temperature was fine. don't know what everyone's bitching about. looked at the menu and definitely agree that you should avoid it like the plague if it's not tuesday: prices are fucking whack

other than the non tuesday prices and the wait time, it wasn't bad for a wing joint. not a sports bar, but a wing joint
>>
One of my favorite things is saving the celery and carrot sticks with the ranch for last. The carrots and celery soak up all the wing sauce beautifully.

It's the small things.
>>
>>9022177
I was thinking of ordering double celery with my takeout order and using it to make a couple tuna salad sandwiches the next day.
>>
>>9022177
nah senpai, gotta get that shit with blue cheese. blue cheese with wings and carrots/celery is superior to ranch
>>
>>9022329
>blue cheese

that's like 90% jewbean oil
>>
>>9022334
and ranch dressing is a nasty, runny, 90% mayonnaise abomination. not on my wings, thanks
>>
Pretty sure you could save a lot of money just cooking up your own, OP
>>
>>9022477
coulda saved a lot of moneh by switching to wing insurance
>>
>>9022089
Fuck that I'm from the north towns. Sounds shitty anyways.
>>
>>9023017
It would take you fifteen minutes you nigger, or does the bus not go there
>>
Are BWW's non wing food any good? It almost feels counterintuitive to get something other than wings.
>>
>>9023107
>15 minute bus ride from North of Buffalo to East Aurora

You're not from around here, huh?
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.