[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recent Culinarily Creations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1317.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1317.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Ever open your fridge and pretend you are on Chopped? What sort of things have you come up with?

Post photos of meals you cooked recently that you feel proud of and answer questions/give tips.

Pictured is a Panko covered chile relleno filled with veggies cooked in acho chili. Its sitting on a calliflour/cojita cheese purée.
>>
File: IMG_1340.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1340.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Here is another.

It's chicken cooked in a chipotle sauce made from dried chipotles tomatoes and garlic. It's served on a tostada and topped with lime pickled cabbage and green onions.
>>
File: IMG_1347.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1347.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>9007820
Here's the chicken by itself
>>
>>9007796
i stayed at my friend's for a week and we made great shit mostly out of what she had in her fridge already

made oeufs en cocotte with mushrooms, goat cheese, salted/shredded/drained zucchini, dill, garlic and cream

also made lunch bowls with paprika rice pilaf, the remainder of a half-used eggplant (sliced, salted, drained, oiled, and baked). i made a fake tzatziki type thing out of yogurt and lots of herbs she had on the verge of going bad: dill, parsley, cilantro, scallion. we put a fried egg on top of that too. the eggplant was so silky and rich.

your cotija cauliflower puree sounds awesome
>>
I was at a buddy's eating plain bagel chips wasted and wanted a dip. His fridge was near empty and made a salsa/butter/mustard/hot sauce concoction and threw it in the microwave. It was disgustingly delicious.
>>
>>9007879
we also made a great chickpea salad out of chickpeas (obviously), some goat cheese she needed to use up, a cuke someone had gifted her (as an i'm-sorry present for shitting on her carpet when drunk, i think?), half a bag of radishes, a bunch of those herbs we needed to use up (previously mentioned) and shallots i sauteed in olive oil with cumin and paprika. dressed the salad with the warm spicy shallot oil, and the juice of an aging lime. when i stirred it all up the cheese melted into the dressing beautifully :)

you really like Mexican/southwestern flavors, huh?
>>
>>9007879
Thanks! That was surprisingly the best part. And much easier to make then the actual relleno. Only other ingredients were chicken stock, butter and heavy cream. Been experimenting with creamy dishes. Had some hits and misses.

Both your dishes sound excellent. Can't go wrong with all those good ingredients especially the fresh herbs. Never tried to make a tzatziki but I have all those ingredients in my fridge right now.
>>
>>9007901
you should start a stoned cooking show
>>
>>9007925
how'd you make it?

if you have some cukes and maybe a little garlic on hand, your tzatz can be even better. if posdible puree your garlic in lemon juice to keep it mild. go ahead, make it! it's great with almost anything, any kind of grilled or roast veggie.

can you tell i feel the same way about eastern-Mediterranean food that you ferl about southwestern stuff? ;)
>>
>>9007796
made a great zucchini and mushroom risotto
>>
>>9007968
I do love southwest/Mexican flavors. Also super comfortable with them. Been trying to push myself to expand.

Mediterranean food is so delicious and fresh! Seems like good food to give you energy for your day.

I started by chopping and boiling the head of cauliflower in purely salted water. Used most of it even stocks and got it nice and soft. Drained it and put it in a blender with about 3/4 a cup of chicken stock and and 3/4 a cup of heavy cream. Should have s texture almost like cream of wheat. Melted a 1/6 stick of butter in a pan and poured in purée. Let it heat then slowly stir in 1/2 cup of grated cotija cheese. Won't exactly melt but it will match the existing texture and add flavor. Pretty much add as much as you like.
>>
>>9008058
Meant lightly salted not purely salted but you get the idea.
>>
>>9007796
made a tasty dish of black beans with tequila and poblanos, among other things; posted about it here yesterday

cooking with tequila is killer. gives latin dishes sweetness and depth
>>
>>9008090
dude, you're like one of the only ppl on /ck/ that actually cooks. that sounds hella tasty

also i think it's just you me and dip guy on this thread, come on, no one else has any innovations?

did you deep fry the chili or what?
>>
>>9008104
oops meant to reply to>>9008082
>>
>>9008104
Yeah it's too bad. I don't really come around here often because of that. But I enjoy talking to others who are passionate about cooking. So I decided I want to try to come up with some interesting thread ideas and see where they go.

I don't have a deep fryer so I fried them up in bout a half an inch of oil and flipped them.
>>
>>9008090
Cook a lot of Mexican and southwestern food but I never tried using tequila like this. Sounds good! I'll give it a try some time.
>>
>>9008240
ive been doing the samw. maybe together we can class this place up.
>>
>>9008279
yeah, char the poblanos, then add onion and spices, then add garlic when the onions have cooked some. splash in some tequila right before the garlic burns.

or do the same thing with nice mexican beer. different flavor, but also very complementary
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.