[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vitamins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

What's the deal with vitamins? What's the concensus? Fit fucks, fat fags, alcoholics, normies?

Waste of money or what?
>>
>pay money for vitamins
>take vitamins
>piss away 97% of said vitamin
literally pissing your money away, no one ever died because they didn't take vitamins and no one ever lived a year longer or avoided cancer because they took vitamins. Save your money.
>>
>>9004931
What about people who are deficient? Say for example people who live in the north east/west of the US and usually suffer from vitamin d deficiency?

I'm sure you could get d from dairy or whatever I guess.
>>
>>9004931
>no one ever died because they didn't take vitamins

A whole lot of sailors who died from scurvy would disagree with you.
>>
If you eat like shit, a multivitamin should be ok. At least you know you had something beneficial coursing through your body.
>>
>>9004929
They are. But if I'm sick and have no OJ, I'll take a vitamin C pill nonetheless.
>>
Nurse here. If you're an actual alcoholic you probably should take some B-vitamins.
Your body uses them up faster when you drink and chances are you're not on a vitamin heavy diet either. Deficiency will rot your brain and not in a pleasant way either.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>9004949
I started taking vitamins for a specific health issue recently. Haven't had enough time to judge if there has been any benefit.

But I've always wondered about vitamins. There are so many conflicting reports.

I know a few people who froth at the mouth over these concentrated vitamin shots (B12 and other shit) anyone ever had one of those B12 shots??
>>
>>9004957
Everything I've read recently has pointed to vitamin c being a hoax in regards to helping with colds. That's what I mean... We all were told that c helps but wtf?

>>9004963
That makes sense.
>>
>>9004929
just take thiamin so you don't get alzheimers and take vitamin C because it's orange and orange is a good thing.
>>
>>9004929
I take glucosamine and fish oil. That's it. The glucosamine helped the tendinosis in my wrist
>>
File: 20170602_192330-1.jpg (3MB, 1899x2634px) Image search: [Google]
20170602_192330-1.jpg
3MB, 1899x2634px
>>9005083
You know what? I fucking love orange. Thanks anon. Here's some OC, fresh cut orange for some orangeade.
>>
>>9004929
I take D because I'm a shitskin
I also take B complex sometimes because I drink more than I should
I occasionally take fish oil because placebo
I often take creatine because insecure /fit/fag manlet
I sometimes drink protein powder because sometimes having a social life takes priority over hitting my macros through "real food"

Also, (1) where have you been, and (2) why are you not using the radioactive sign
>>
>>9005135
Orange is not a very good source of vitamin C, relatively speaking. It's like the myth that bananas are an amazing source of potassium
>>
>>9004970
>anyone ever had one of those B12 shots??

Back in the day, concentrated B12 was commonly used to treat overdose victims. I've never had a B12 injection but I've bought little vials of it with a dropper that you drop on your tongue. It makes you feel good and gives you energy. The injection must be pure bliss.
>>
MEGADOSE B12 EVERY DAY
>>
>>9004963
shit, is that why im getting more retarded every month?
>>
File: 20170601_153925-1.jpg (2MB, 2532x1975px) Image search: [Google]
20170601_153925-1.jpg
2MB, 2532x1975px
>>9005157
I always thought that was true about bannanas and potassium.

>>9005158

Where do you get the B12 vials? I haven't seen them at Pharmacies but there are tons of crazy suppliments at bodegas and corner stores that my Spanish speaking brethren scare me about.

>>9005145

I lost my original trip like 5 years ago when moot had to migrate the servers and for some reason (Unix issue I think?) Unicode symbols weren't recognized anymore.

I've been working in restaurants and doing computer repair for the past few years. My wife told me 4 days ago that she's moving out. Been together over 10 years. Married 4. It's my fault.
>>
>>9004963
Fuck, I think this explains why I've become so stupid over the past 2 years. It feels like there's a fog in my brain that just never clears. Is it irreversible if I start eating well now?
>>
>>9005157
you're an idiot
they are both good sources of those vitamins and minerals
they aren't the best, but they are good sources for them
>tfw kiwi has more than either combined
fuck kiwi is good
>>
Vitamins are EXTREMELY crucial for health.

You should get them from real food and not pills because there is way more to it than just the chemical compound itself.

Some are fine to "overconsume" by a ton (everything water soluable like K, B12 etc) and most others are bad to overconsume.
>>
>>9005304
Bell peppers are the true choice for vit C.
>>
>>9005287
It goes away when you stop drinking and start eating right. I'm not sure if the fog thing is related to vitamin deficiency, or just alcohol abuse in general.
>>
>>9005276
Fuck, sorry to hear that. The Japanese one you mean? I hope you have a legal plan, alimony is crippling. Better get on that sooner rather than later so your lawyer can talk you through all the bullshit.
>>
>>9005388
Yes. We've been together for over a decade. I'm the fuck up. Thank you for your support even though I don't know you but I have some idea of who you are based on our shared time here. It's my addiction issues that caused her to finally call it quits.
>>
File: Garfield_the_Cat.svg.png (145KB, 1280x764px) Image search: [Google]
Garfield_the_Cat.svg.png
145KB, 1280x764px
>>9004963
it all makes sense now
i needed to learn that
>>
>>9004929
When I was in uhh tech school after Army basic training I had a wall locker full of supplements. Male, age 27. I was taking a multi, fish oil, gingko, glucosamine, and calcium. Should've added niacin to the list but I was a starved skinny guy already. I felt like they really, really helped prevent injury and kept my energy up. I felt way healthier than during basic. Might've been placebo effect, and that everyone actually was sick in basic.
>>
>>9005508

Thanks for the input. I grew up with one side of my family taking specific suppliments for whatever and the other side never taking anything. And then there's so much bullshit online...
>>
>>9004963
>Deficiency will rot your brain and not in a pleasant way either.
this. I had severe vitamin b12 deficiency. started experiencing mental health issues. couldn't absorb nutrients from food. blood pressure issues.

quality of life improved 1000% from b12 supplements.
>>
>>9005287
get methyl b12.

it's the most important cause with b12 deficiency you won't be able to absorb any other nutrients
>>
>>9005841
>>9005848

You both seem to know a bit about the whole B12 thing. Care to elaborate on your experiences? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
MODS
>>
>>9004945
They do make a lot of sense in deficient cases, like i know i need a little more iron and vitamin D than most people. I take both, it definitely helps.

That being stated i feel a lot of unhealthy people take blanket multivitamins as some sort of magic diet pill, and thats not how that works. If your deficient on enough different things to justifiy a multivitamin, you probably need a more varied diet.

So tl;dr
>vitamins are great for people who have bodies that need it
> if you find yourself deficient on everything, you probably need to vary your diet, and that multivitamin is a dietary band-aid.
>>
>>9005841
B12 Deficiency occurs either from multiple years of malnutrition or an autoimmune condition called Pernicious Anemia. Essentially, you prevent your body from making intrinsic factor which is required to absorb B12 in the ileum. Severe B12 deficiency can cause some neuro symptoms like paresthesias, and spinal column degeneration.

Vitamins are certain compounds that your body requires in order to function properly. For alcoholics, B1 (thiamine) and B9 (folate) are the most common deficiencies and so extra care should be take by this population to consume foods that contain these vitamins or supplement them. This is pretty much the case for all vitamins. Not enough and you will run into problems such as pellegra (Vitamin B3 def) and scurvy (Vitamin C def). Over consumption of aqueous vitamins is no problem since they will be excreted in the urine, but excess fat soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A or K can be toxic.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.