[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: s-l1000.jpg (121KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
121KB, 1000x1000px
So I just got pic related(the red one) and want to make a simply chicken curry.
I watched some videos and some of them first mix the curry paste with the coconut milk and then cook all the ingridiends inside, but then some other videos do otherwise, they fist cook the chicken and the vegetables and then add the curry paste and the coconut milk when it's half done.

What is the best way?
>>
I would fry the paste with the onions/garlic etc. until cooked, add liquids and then chicken to cook within the curry itself. Keeps it noice and moist.
>>
>>9004090
The fist way is the thai style curry, the other is how it's made in India and Pakistan, they traditionaly don't use the paste but different dry spices.
The curry paste is a thai thing.
>>
>>9004278
this one.
>>
>>9004090
I'd avoid that brand if I were you; it's very salty.

But that said:
Put coconut cream in your pan and heat it until it "cracks" (the fat separates from the rest). Fry the paste in the resulting oil until it's fragrant. Then add your other ingredients, the coconut milk, and simmer until done.
>>
If you are cooking something like beef or chicken that needs to be heated before simmering stir fry it with the curry paste, if shrimp, stir fry the curry paste alone (or with onions). There are a lot of spices that become more flavorful when done this way. You can cook with the milk and add stuff later for a more subtle flavor of curry. Always add equal parts brown sugar to paste to kill the intended bitterness of the paste.
>>
>>9004278
This

t. Thai anon
>>
>>9004776
>Look mom, I posted the salt-meme again
>>
Designated Curry Thread.

Post your curry here, my son Pajeet.
>>
Personally I like to fry aromatics first and brown the chicken on med/high heat. After it's brown I cut it up into bite size pieces, cook the veggies half way, add the removed chicken and aromatics back in with the curry paste. Let that cook a little in the center of the pan and finally add the coconut milk and serve it over rice when it comes back to a simmer.

It takes a few times to get the timing just right but it's better Curry than I've ever had at a restaurant.
>>
>>9007840
OP here I did it in almost the same way, but I just don't put the chicken aside I cook it with all the veggies(I have a pretty big pan).
I first fry the onions and garlic then add the chicken and when It's half done I add the rest of the veggies and the curry paste, cook it for some time and at the end add the coconut milk, instead of reduction I cheat and add some cornstarch or flour, this way I get a more light curry not so greasy. When served I add on top a generous amount of fresh chopped cilantro leaves, soo good.
Also I don't recommend the green paste from those: >>9004090 it has a lot of lemongrass and imo taste too exotic. The red and yellow are pretty good and as >>9004776 said they have a good amout of salt so don't even use any salt when cooking with those pastes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.