[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the humble meat pie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: FNThandpie.gif (723KB, 1560x1325px) Image search: [Google]
FNThandpie.gif
723KB, 1560x1325px
the humble meat pie
>>
>>9002345
never had one

burger is better
>>
>>9002347
>never had x
>y is better
>>
>>9002362
welcome to reddit
>>
>>9002347
It might sound weird but they are in no way similar.
>>
>>9002345
>Pasties
>>
>meat pie

>it's literally just a hamburger with a bun that goes all the way around
>>
>>9002463
>it literally isn't
>reddit line spacing
>>
>>9002470
It literally is .

Prove me wrong, sweetie .
>>
>>9002345
I imagine they taste like empanadas, but with the ground beef having a more gooey texture because of the gravy
>>
>>9002478
Meat isn't a patty and the pastry used is far from a bun. It's flaky and shit.
>>
>>9002478
Crust is flakey/totally different from a bun and all ingredients we're cooked inside the crust. Not assembled. This results in a totally different texture and taste.
>>
>>9002345
Humble pie is meat!?! Is that why us vegetarians are hated?
>>
>>9002493
>Ground beef surrounded by bread is totally different from ground beef surrounded by bread .

Whatever you say, cupcake .
>>
>>9002411
>pasties don't seem to exist in Texas
>visiting Michigan
>order them
>pronounce them 'paysties'
>waitress laughs, corrects me
>"if we sold those we'd be a totally different kind of store"
>>
>>9002497
It has gravy in it. Do burgers have it in their patty.
>>
What makes it humble? That it's cheap? A lot of work goes into both making the pastry and the filling. It's only because of industrialization that it's cheap. I'd call something like oatmeal or porridge humble. Not a pie.
>>
>>9002501
Go back to texas
>>
>>9002504
Yeah, that gravy is called freedom. fucking britbongs
>>
>>9002619
Fuck off we're full.
>>
>>9002628
I don't want this motherfucker running around asking for pasties like he fell out of Hee Haw. You made him, you take him back
>>
>>9002625
You aren't funny. Go back to r*ddit
>>
>>9002625
And yet USA didn't make it.
>>
>tfw Yanks can't into pies and pasties

Meat pie is patrician tier.
>>
File: slow-cook-chunky-2.jpg (59KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
slow-cook-chunky-2.jpg
59KB, 580x580px
>>9002345
I love a good meat pie.

>tfw two local bakeries have been bought by chinks and now frozen pies genuinely taste better

These are my favourite frozen pie but the pepper beef kind.
>>
>>9002345
Haven't had a good meat pie in many a-year
>>
File: Typical Pol Poster.jpg (149KB, 590x394px) Image search: [Google]
Typical Pol Poster.jpg
149KB, 590x394px
>>9002625
>edgy like a minority-slashing retard's knife
is this you?
>>
>>9002345
I've always wanted to try one. Any bongs here have a good recipe?
>>
>>9003606
1 Pukka pie
1 microwave
>>
File: 'Merica!!!! Fuck Yeah!!!.jpg (64KB, 475x502px) Image search: [Google]
'Merica!!!! Fuck Yeah!!!.jpg
64KB, 475x502px
>>9003434

Here's some more FREEDOM for your face, Racist piece of shit eurofag.
>>
>>9003434
Isn't this guy a Bern-out?
>>
>>9002636

You have a point but the other anon is probably just annoyed that Texas keeps growing rapidly. Jobs keep coming to the state, the people follow and the incoming population tend to vote left.
>>
>>9003627
Lol
>>
>>9003606
Cold water pastry. Look up a recipe it's not hard.

Saute onions in a little butter until soft and translucent
Sear cubed beef, gravy beef or chuck in separate pan.
Add beef to onions. Add a bottle of dark beer, a pint of stock and let simmer, not boil for 45 minutes or an hour and a half until beef is tender.
Add a beurre manie of 2 tbsp butter and 2tbsp white flour. Add to gravy to thicken. Season to taste.
I use a "Texas style" muffin pan which I presume means an extra large muffin, I line the tins with the pastry and I give them a very brief blind bake. Then I fill them with a couple spoons of the gravy, making sure to get plenty of meat in. Add a slice of good sharp cheese, add a lid and bake in a hot oven for 30 min or until pastry is done.
Make sure to cut a vent hole in the lid.
Sometimes I use store bought puff pastry so I don't have to dick around making a cold water dough or blind baking. Give it an egg wash to make it nice and brown.
>>
Do people consider a meat pie an Aussie thing or a Pommy thing?

Brits and Aussies not allowed to comment.
>>
>>9003640
Pie on its own or with mash is british. Pie with pea soup or ketchup is aussie.
>>
>>9003638
big thanks
>>
>>9003165
fuck, you've got some good taste there mate
>>
>>9003785
Thanks senpai, I'm wagering you do too
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.