[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CK Challenge SAVORY BERRIES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 53

File: Challenge Berries.webm (2MB, 888x498px) Image search: [Google]
Challenge Berries.webm
2MB, 888x498px
Welcome to the /ck/ challenge: Monthly edition: June Thread 1!

The theme for this month is Berries In A Savory Context
If you can harvest your own berries, feel free to do so and show off.

Dishes are judged on the following criteria, so keep that in mind when planning and making and plating:

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

>SAVORY DISHES USING BERRIES PLS

>>
/ck/ Challange 5/2017 results.

SANDWICH

1st place: Postmark's Steak and Caramelized Onion Sandwich @ 18/20

2nd place: Toothpick's Bacon Sauteed Spinach and Gruyere Monte Cristo with Tomato Jam @ 16.75/20

3rd place: A tie between
!GINGERqAdE's Cuban Sandwich
and
BierMaaktEendracht's Kangaroo Sandwich
both @ 16.5/20

4th place: A tie between
Ya Dingus' Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
and
Spice Jar's Egg and Sausage Sandwich
both @ 15.5/20

5th place: Eyepatch's McCreamcheese Pesto stuffed Chicken Sandwich @ 14.75/20

6th place: Anonymous' Grilled Cheese with Bacon Sandwich @ 14.5/20

7th place: s3krit's Wisconsin Chicken Sandwich @ 14.25/20

8th place: Clothespin's Smoked Chicken Salad Sandwich @ 12.25/20

9th place: Anonymous' Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich @ 11.5/20

10th place: Anonymous' Two Different Sandwiches @ 11/20

11th place: Hindendburg's Bauru Sandwich @ 10.25/20

12th place: Hello Kitty's Steak Sandwich @ 10/20
>>
>>8999578
>no images
>>
>>8999554
>Berries
This is biased against diabetics.
>>
>>8999554
>those flies crawling all over the berries
REEEE!
>>
>>8999635
The vote thread is still up
>>8970037
and the images are still there.
>>
Tomatoes and eggplants are both berries, so eggplant parm would be in line with the rules and uses not one but TWO different type of berries, yeah?
>>
>>9000317
If this is true then while you would technically be in line with the theme, both tomatoes and eggplants are culinary treated as vegetables and not regarded as berries so you probably risk low scores in at least two categories.
>>
>>9000340
Okay. But strawberries aren't actually berries, so anyone using those should get low scores too, right? Same with blackberries and raspberries. Neither of those are actually berries.

AND! Eggplant parm uses three (count'em: THREE!!!) different types of berries because the wine used in making the tomato sauce is made from grapes and grapes are also berries. So there!
>>
File: IMG_0152.jpg (32KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0152.jpg
32KB, 400x267px
>>9000340
>culinary treated
>>
As to what exactly is considered a berry; that's for the voters and shitposters to decide.
This way, it's not my fault.
>>
File: good jobl.webm (2MB, 666x374px) Image search: [Google]
good jobl.webm
2MB, 666x374px
Congrats, Postmark!
>>
>>9000753
I think it should be things that are conventionally regarded as berries. So raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries. Any other berry somewhat resembling this like goji berries and gooseberry is fine too.

Tomatoes and bananas should NOT be considered berries.
>>
>>9000983
>goji and gooseberry
Which are very, VERY closely related to tomato and eggplant. Red gooseberries even look like cherry tomatoes for fuck's sake. In fact, unripe gooseberries can be used interchangeable with cherry tomatoes because they taste quite similar (though slightly tart in comparison, so possibly better as a swap-in for tomatillos).
Talking of which, I know of at least one crossbreed of gooseberry and tomatillo. So then: why gooseberry but not tomato/tomatillo?

And of the four "berries" you mentioned before goji/goose, only one is an actually berry.
>>
>>9000983
>banana
>should not be regarded as a berry

don't try to enforce your lack of education on the rest of us
>>
>>9001071
Just make your fucking lasagna. Nobody else has a problem understanding the challenge.
>>
>>9001071
You can enter a damned wood shingle slathered in ketchup if you have a timestamp and identifier. You just have to recognize it might not score very high in the category "meeting challenge goals". Given that it's /ck/, it could do pretty well in the other categories, though.
>>
I've never done one before. What am I in for? I've got a few ideas... Is the preferred/standard vertical or finished product with timestamp/identifier? I've got a few pounds of a berry to pick this weekend ;)
>>
>>9001187
A lot of people like to see the vertical, so they can try out the recipe later for themselves.
The only thing that is required is the finished product with timestamp and identifier though.
Get to pi/ck/ing those berries.
>>
what do you mean savory? if i can get a crust decent enough i can probably do some pie or cobbler, blackberries are growing wild here right now
>>
>>9001396
Many win for this round then
>>
plan for this challenge:
make blueberry tea
make pancakes using blueberry tea instead of water
add some other kind of berry to pancakes
make syrup with some other other kind of berry8
>>
>>9001514
>>9001553
By "savory" I mean "non sweet".
>>
>>9001689
Hang on, why am I having to vaguely define "savory" for /ck/ of all places?
https://www.google.com/search?q=savory&oq=savory&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2255j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
There we go, google can do it for me.
>>
>berries

Pork tenderloin with blueberry jam here we come
>>
>>9000371
>I put tomato in fruit salad

A special kind of retard, truly.
>>
>Berries in a Savory Context

Oh goodness I've gotta figure out how to do that, berries were never really plentiful back in Brazil so we used them for sweet stuff, savory stuff is gonna be difficult.
>>
>>9002110
I believe in you.
You can do this.
You are not a disastrous blimp.
>>
>>9000317
>>9000340
>>9000371
Can you ...
Okay. I understand if you are legit autistic.
You should talk to your handler about it, though.
They should decide if you are able to participate.
>>
>>9002917
okay okay ...okay,
b-but, guys...
Um, guys...
Did you know? Um that...
Hey guys!
Did you know... uh...
TECHNICALLY
hhnnnnnn....

STOP!
>>
File: fruitcake punnet.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
fruitcake punnet.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>
>>9000753
Ah, the Nuremberg Defense. You should ask Eichmann how well that worked out for him.
>>
>>9001862
Google fakes up their own pseudodefinitions all the time. They redefined "fascism" to make the ignoramuses who look up definitions on Google think that AntiFA is not a bunch of fucking fascist scum.
>>
>>9002110
Just make some curried sloth or whatever you savages usually eat, and throw a couple of strawberries on top. It's what I plan to do.
>>
File: roeberries.gif (18KB, 730x280px) Image search: [Google]
roeberries.gif
18KB, 730x280px
>tfw lobster roeberries are beyond my lulzbudget

Too many squeamish faggots on here would be like ewww 0 appeal anyway
>>
>>9001937
>he doesn't eat rujak cingur pecel
Tomato, kiwifruit, jicama, pineapple and beef lips salad with peanut dressing and prawn powder.

So yes: I do put tomato in fruit salad. Faggot.
>>
>>9003654
>I'll intentionally misinterpret the question to look smart

Fruit salad here obviously referred to the euro-american dish called fruit salad. Make your fucking tomato and banana dish and see how things go mate
>>
>>9003455
Hey, he went down in history, and I can only hope to do the same.
>>
>>9003930
>the current year
>still espousing eurocentric worldviews
colonialists please go and stay go
>>
>>9004124
Ok Numbaz, I'll be history, you can go down on me ;-*
>>
>>9003457

If only this couldn't be the shittiest /ck/ challenge yet, now we're being invaded by /pol/tards straying from their containment board.
>>
File: 1489529233472.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489529233472.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>9004610
>Implying we haven't been here since the beginning
>>
>>8999885
stop
>>
>>9004610
They stray into any thread on /ck/ that has much activity anymore. I don't see it as much at /diy/ or /out/, probably because they never go outside or do much with their hands other than type and things I'd rather not think about.
>>
>>9002110
What game meat do you have?
>>
>>9004916
Now you're working together!
>>
>>9003169
Nice.
Also, bump.
>>
>>9004916
Well, I'm not currently in Brazil, but back then we didn't really eat game meat, and I'm still having trouble matching up meat cuts. For meats... honestly, beef, chicken, some pork, sometimes turkey, if you were a bit more adventurous you'd try lamb, quite a few fishes...

Hunting isn't really a thing there. Though, I'd actually quite like to try rabbit with a berry-based sauce.
>>
>>9006470
I think the point was that "gamey" tasting meats pair well with dark "berries".
Duck and lamb go well with blackberries.
Lamb chop with blackberry jam, duck sausage with blackberry beurre blanc, etc.
>>
Bump for the stump.
>>
>>9007002
Chicken and a cranberry relish.
Liver pate and a tart berry sauce.
>>
>>9004762
>Implying we'd really have it any other way
/pol/ used to be my home board.
>>
>>9008985
Word.
Anynormie pissing about >go back to X
needs schooling.
>>
>>9008985
>used to be

I think that's the operative phrase. 10 years ago it wasn't a drumpf circle jerk and you could have fringe discussions without being bombarded. It's a mainstream sipping at the power trough now, and worthless.
>>
>>9009130
Let's not talk politics, as I'm too drunk for that.
Rather, talk berries.
>what an odd statement
>>
C'mon you beautiful bastards, let's talk berries!
I like bananas and blueberries and grapes.
What's your favorite berry?
(I'm desperately trying to keep this thread up, humour me plz)
>>
>>9000983
What about cherries?
>>
>>9004610
>4chan is supposed to be segregated because I need a safe space

cry harder, bitch.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5JDzvkEA0
>>
>>9009699
>I like bananas and blueberries and grapes.
Grapes maybe but no-one thinks of bananas when you talk about berries. Imagine someone told you they felt like eating berries and you brought them a bunch of bananas. Even grapes would be ridiculous.
>>
Bimp
>>
>>9010014
Fair enough, but please remember that
#AllBerriesAreEqual
because you're not Nazi Genocide Hitler, are you?
If you are, please let me know.
>>
File: naziberryl.jpg (132KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
naziberryl.jpg
132KB, 600x375px
>>9011426
Nazi genocide hitler here. Don't mix berries and bananas. Bananas are their own distinct category. Keep the berry race pure.
>>
>>9008429
Blueberries and cranberries are close cousins and are in fact not berries at all; they belong instead to a class of fruits known as epigynous or false berries. Unlike a true berry, the fruit grows from beneath the rest of the flower parts, and as the fruit ripens the flower stays attached and ripens as well.
>>
File: bananapill.png (548KB, 492x688px) Image search: [Google]
bananapill.png
548KB, 492x688px
>>9011715
Warmonger.
>>
>>9003455
Well, given the support of
>>9004610
>>9011559
>>9011773
I think it's obvious where I'll fall.
>>
Boop.
I'm quite fond of raspberries, which I pronounce oddly.
>>
>>9012907
ITT: Everyone posts a vocaroo of how they pronounce "raspberry" and then we argue about it.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1KZwCENv5mB
>>
>>9009950

>thinks every board should be /b/

Fuck off.
>>
>>9013055
I pronounce "raspberries" as "razzbreeze", cos I'm a cunt.
>>
Got a good idea for this challenge but I'm wondering if I'll get point's taken off for also including a sweet berry element? Like a compote or berry lemonade. Thoughts?

>>9009130
>drumpf
Back to Facebook with you
>>
>>9013055
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1sN6KlhFFsG
>>
>>9014194
I am having the same problem. I am wondering if sweet/spicy salsas count?
>>
>>9014194
If the dish, overall, is savory then I don't see a problem with it.
Keep in mind, that everything really comes down to the decisions of the voters.
>not my fault!
>>
>>9014236
Are you really posh, or just Australian?

>>9014338
I'd give you points for strawberries in a salsa - but it would need to include onions or garlic or something else savory. You can't just make a watery fruit salad for dipping chips in.
>>
>>9011773
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru__6sQ_bpE
>>
Ah
Ah
Ah
Ah
Staying alive
>>
>Not doing game with berries in the jus

fucking goons

"Berries In A Savory Context" doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>9014999
Middle class Indian living in New York.
>>
>>9015915
why does your race smell so horrid?
>>
>>9015927
Cumin and turmeric.
>>
>>9015927
Poor ventilation, garlic paste, and using ground spices instead of whole. I cook Indian 5-6 times a week and I smell perfectly fine apart from occasionally having garlic fingers.
>>
>>9015927
>why does your race smell so horrid?

YOU TRY EATING ONIONS ALL FUCKING DAY AND NOT BE SMELLY!
>>
>>9015957
>Poor ventilation, garlic paste, and using ground spices instead of whole. I cook Indian 5-6 times a week and I smell perfectly fine apart from occasionally having garlic fingers.
Your skin is an organ. Everyone that consumes garlic, onion, and certain spices can and will exude those as part of metabolism in their bodies. Glands which excrete waste fats and proteins can carry some of the byproducts of spices. Put your nose into the armpits of someone who had singapore curry takeaway the day beforehand and you'll smell the cumin and other spices right in their pits. Being a frequently washed person, with clean clothing, isn't the whole cure. Time works it out of your body through every way possible, from pores to other waste. As the Frugal Gourmet used to say, don't even date someone who doesn't love garlic as much as you do :P

Having a house that isn't gassed out from unvented strong cooking smells is not the whole story, in other words.
>>
>>9016011
Like I said garlic especially in paste for plays a big role in how you smell as does turmeric (people use way more turmeric than is required to impart flavor and color). Using whole spices instead of fine ground (a rough pounding in a pestle is fine) also makes a difference. A certain level of smell oozing out your sweat glands is unavoidable but regulating the aforementioned things will make a huge difference to the perceptibility of that smell.

I like to believe that the curries I make are not only better than those you get in most restaurants but also don't have a very strong smell while cooking nor do they linger on you as much.
>>
Chicken stuffed with dried cherries, almonds and spinach?
Would that work?
>>
>>9017182
I don't see why not.
Give it a go.
>>
>>8999554
I hope someone's injecting these berries with MSG
>>
>>9018064
That could be your entry.
>>
Bumped again.
>>
>>9017182
Duck would probably be better I think.
>>
>>9017182
A cherry is a fruit not a berry, anon.
>>
>>9019677
True, but the voters do the deciding.
Some people think a cherry is a berry, others think it has something to do with sex, who knows?
>>
Thanks for choosing my theme c:
I'm excited to try my hand at something c:

For people who seem confused about the "savory berries" theme, my idea was to use something like berries that are in season but to avoid having 100 entries of pie and cobbler. I was only trying to shake it up. It's in the hands of the voters now.
>>
No entries yet? You people are slipping.
>>
>>9020750
Mine'll be in by the end of the week, rather than leaving it for the last day or so like I have been.
>>
>>9020750
I entered in the last one and surprisingly didn't come in last place, kek. But to be fair, this is not something people commonly make, at least in my neck of the woods. However, my garden strawberries are on the wane but my blueberries are waxing, so I'll probably try to come up with something using blueberries. Who knows, I might be able to achieve last place honors this time.
>>
>>9020750
I'm still trying to decide on what I'm making, totally stuck on sides that aren't just salad+berries.
>>
>>9020750
Thursday, my friend. Thursday it happens.
>>
>>9021036
Which one were you?
>>
>>8999554
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avocado
> Avocado (also alligator pear) also refers to the tree's fruit, which is botanically a large berry containing a single seed.[4]
So, avocados are in?
>>
>>9022146
Clothespin.
>>
Numbaz seems like a faggot
>>
>>9022860
I also look like a faggot.
>>
>>9021036
a blueberry is not a real berry
>>
I will be doing a chokecherry cheesecake. However,instead of cream cheese, I will be using feta
>>
>>9023238
Sounds good.
>chokecherry
There's a masturbation joke there somewhere, but damned if I can come up with one right now.
>>
>>9023232
Aren't they?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_culinary_fruits#Culinary_fruits_by_type_of_flora
>>
File: IMG_2804.jpg (768KB, 2172x3235px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2804.jpg
768KB, 2172x3235px
For your consideration, I would like to present my third, yes my third, consecutive sandwhich entry to the /ck/ challenge. This month's entry is a throwback to my April entry, which featured "flyover style" mashed potatoes and a grilled cheese sandwich, both made purely with Walmart's Great Value brand products.

In an effort to elevate the status of this already elite sandwich, this month's entry was made wholly with premium brand products. Featured items include locally sourced Trader Joe's Tuscan Pane (presliced), Finlandia Montery Jack and Cheddar cheese (also presliced, combo pack), as well as Smart Balance Dairy Free Buttery Spread.

This exquisite blend of quality foodstuffs was sure to pack a savory, delectable punch, so the executive chef (lowest extremity pictured) decided to forgo the supplemental flyover mashed potatoes and substitute a single simply stunning blueberry. Proudly standing in solitude this berry was all that could be afforded by the chef's hoarder mother, but the lone berry is a fitting image as it proves to be the only home grown item in this dish. Slightly sweet, slightly tart, it proved to be the perfect aperitif when washed down with a glass of water at the beginning of this magnificent meal.
>>
>>9024337
5/5
5/5
5/5
5/5
>>
>>9024337
winner by default
>>
>>9023232
Lel, that might help me achieve my goal of last place then. I hate ending up in the middle. I'd much prefer ending up last. Anyhoo, I've already come up with something and even bought my primary meat today since our blueberry bushes are starting to spew offspring like a variegated group of minorities. I'm not going to divulge my entire plan, but like my last one it involves smoke.
>>
>>9024337
1st Entry WOO!
>>9024492
Voting begins on the 24th, which I should have made clearer in the OP post, but fuck it.
>>
>>9024153
How about avocados?

>>9024337
What the fuck, I lost to this guy last round? You people are scum. Scum!!!
>>
>>9025631
It's all up to the voters, although I don't think avocados are considered berries either culinary or botanical, so YMMV.
>>
File: avocado.png (512KB, 554x786px) Image search: [Google]
avocado.png
512KB, 554x786px
>>
>>9025631

I actually made an effort last round
>>
>>9026264
And we all love you for your effort.
>>
>>9026169
I'm saving that for future use.
Thanks.
>>
File: 20170608_154006.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170608_154006.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
made this monster

a sammich, rosemaey lamb coated in fig preserves, w strawberry slices and basil

idk what i'm doing lol, i need a cheese sigh
>>
>>9027687
wheres the timestamp?
>>
>>9027687
please see
>>9004762
or at least give me a name to work with, you beautiful fuck.
>>
>>9027717
Just call me... Anonymous.
>>
File: 20170608_165247.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170608_165247.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>9027716
>>9027717
here u go friendo
>>9027961
bernie 2020
>>
>>9027687
>>9027961
>>9028003
Webm it is.
Also, you have a lovely speaking voice, despite being upside down.
>>
>>9028283
but for why?? i already ate it all :^(
and the nazi poster isn't me omg, and ye i've p much turned into a bat o man
>>
>>9000968
Nice!
Make them with audio and post it on /wsg/ "webms for other boards"?

>>9003169
So much effort, so little appreciation. Props.

>>9004762
saved

>>9013055
Say:
Behead those who insult Headman
plz?

>>9028283
Bamp!
>>
File: headman.png (871KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
headman.png
871KB, 1000x1000px
>>9028283
Berry sorry. I was drunkposting - this is not my entry. :(

>>9028990
http://vocaroo.com/i/s00DLp4e8UZy
>>
I enjoy doing these challenges, but fuck you if you think i'll ever start taking pictures of the food i make.
>>
>>9029720
Describe your dish, and I'll photoshop it for you.
>>
File: nyet tomata.png (365KB, 430x629px) Image search: [Google]
nyet tomata.png
365KB, 430x629px
Also, I resent being called a naziposter.
>>
>>9029712
...make no mistake, my friend, your pointless life will end,
but before you go
can you look at the truth?
you have a lovely singing voice
and all of those who sing on key
they stole the notion from you and me
...fag.
My last name is Hedman, so fuck my butt thusly. (plz)
>>
>>9029791
*represent
>>
File: x-ray .png (900KB, 736x1167px) Image search: [Google]
x-ray .png
900KB, 736x1167px
>>9029962
>>
>>9030044
You are appreciated.
G'night.
>>
>>9026169
>>9027574
Proof that there is a conspiracy to undermine me! NUMBAZ IS A BIASED JUDGE AND MUST BE REMOVED!!!
>>
>>9030066
I'm not a judge, as I do not vote on any entries.
I'm ethical like that.
>>
File: post berries.png (639KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
post berries.png
639KB, 500x746px
>>9030066
Remove drama, post berries.
>>
>>9029720
C'mon, be a pal.
It's not like posting it to instagram or whatever.
>>
File: 060917 Risotto Duck Berries.jpg (706KB, 979x880px) Image search: [Google]
060917 Risotto Duck Berries.jpg
706KB, 979x880px
Parmesan Porcini and Blueberry Risotto, with Seared Duck Breast topped by Spiced Blackberry Sauce.
>>
>>9031036
looks like a soiled diaper scrapped onto a plate
>>
>>9031036
Presentation: 5/5
Originality:4/5
Appeal: 5/5
Challenge Goals: 4/5
>>
>>9031036
Third entry in, thanks.
>>
>>9031043
I'm eating it right now and it's lovely, thank you very much.
>>
>>9031117
Voting begins on the 24th, so there's a solid seven days to vote like a stoat.
>I like to rhyme, what?
>>
>>9032094
>like to rhyme, what?

You like to do a few more things than that, which is why you're loved. Thanks again for drinking like a stoat and running the challenge.
>>
>>9032180
I'm just a humble drunk who likes seeing actual OC rather than fucking thread after thread after thread about fast food and retards memeing at eachother in a sort of autism-based text-based slapfight.
Fuck 'em.
>>
>>9031036
Now I want to make sweeet risotto rice pudding.
>>
>>9033415
It was really very tasty.
Made some for my family as well and they all liked it too.
Give it a try, it's nice.
>>
Boomp
>>
>>9019677

Well, you know, avocado is technically a berry. Does that qualify it?
>>
>>9003169
Came to this thread hoping to see some nice food, and got a buffet of puns instead. Bravo, anon.
>>
>>9034425
And so, once again /ck/ did not disappoint.
>>
File: Raspberry tortellini.jpg (184KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Raspberry tortellini.jpg
184KB, 700x700px
Made a tortellini stuffed with raspberries and plain yogurt in a spicy tomato sauce with onions and carrots for a little sweetness.

Pretty nice to eat. The yogurt was the bridge between the spicy sauce and the sweet and tart berries.

The pasta was simply 50% 00 flour with 50% coarse semolina and water. I wanted it to be kind of rough and chewy since it's not getting stuffed with meat or cheese.

Working on the vertical for proofs but I've never made one before so it might take a few hours or years.

BTW don't have a timestamp and meal is already gone so I hope the corkscrew in the picture is unique enough as an identifier.
>>
File: Tortellini vertical.jpg (647KB, 800x2570px) Image search: [Google]
Tortellini vertical.jpg
647KB, 800x2570px
>>9035289
Vertical.

Also, forgot to mention that I garnished with basil and pecorino romano.

If there are two things I would change about the dish it would be to use sweeter raspberries and finish with olive oil.
>>
>>9035342
Very original! Didn't the yoghurt curdle?
>>
>>9035289
Nice entry
>>9035342
Nice vertical
You're a regular tortellini Houdini.
>>
>>9035725
Thanks, fresh pasta only needs to be boiled for 1.5 mins and finished in the pan. Not enough heat or time for yogurt to curdle.
>>9035948
Thanks. While I feel the plating could've been better I'm happy with the outcome.
>>
>>9035342
That looks pretty solid. I might give it a go if I can get my pasta making going better.
>>
>>9036623
Thanks. I think your entry is great (read:better) looking. Pasta making is terribly simple. Especially if you leave out the egg and the pasta machines. Flour, water and a rolling pin is all you need. Ideally the flour is a mix of 00 and semolina.
>>
File: Very Berry Breakfast Sandwich.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Very Berry Breakfast Sandwich.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Spice Jar reporting in.

Made a savory berry sandwich with very berry sides.

The sandwich is on a 20 sprouted grain and berry bread. From the bottom up it has: kewpie (because the msg berry makes it taste better), bull dog sauce (weeb worcestershire, made from fruit and berries), liverBerrywurst, salsalito turkey (coated with jalapeno berries and sun dried tomato berries), beechwood berry smoked black forest ham, romaine, tomato berries (seasoned with salt and fresh ground pepper berries), alfalfa berry sprouts, and avocado berries.

From left to right the sides are: dill berry dip with celery berry stalks, a deviled egg berry, and cottage berry cheese, seasoned with ground pepper berries, and topped with raspberry and cherry berries.

Been busy with a new job and drinking, so it's from a few days ago.
>>
>>9037291

Forgot there's also sliced red onion berries and mustard berry seed and vinegar sauce.
>>
>>9037291
Your post is so good I have no idea whether you used any actual berries at all.

over 9000/20
>>
>>9037291
Fifth entry it is!
Looks like a hell of a spread, good on ya.
>>
Bacon infused blueberry waffles get on my level racheal ray
>>
>>9038573
Now that's a breakfast.
>>
>>9038573
Pls include recipe or vertical or general tips with your entry, cos that sounds like GOAT tier drunk brekkers.
>>
>>9036686
Your entry looks great, and very
>comfy
and that is a thing to celebrate. Also, thanks for the tips on pasta and pasta accessories.
Good luck.
>>
We've got five entries, who's going to be lucky number six?
Remember, six is only one letter away from sex, though I don't know what that has to do with this board.
>>
File: 20170611_180233.jpg (823KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170611_180233.jpg
823KB, 2048x1152px
Clothespin here. I did a slab of ribs dry rubbed overnight with salt, brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, cumin and ancho chile powder. Smoked for 5.5 hours with cherry wood. Mopped with an apple juice vinegar blend.

Pureed fresh blueberries with chipotle peppers in adobo, lemon juice, a splash of blueberry wine and honey. Drizzled that on top of ribs with a sprinkling of cilantro. Put a glass of homemade blueberry wine in the pic as a tip of the hat to Numbaz, which reminded me, I need to finish up my stock since we're fermenting again.
>>
I declare blueberry grilled cheese guy the winner of this round
>>
>>9039834
LMAO. I realize the pic looks like shit. It's too late, my wife and I ate and liked it. Too much blueberry wine. I wouldn't serve it to guests because making BBQ hi falutin' could cause people to pull out their gun and shoot it down here.
>>
>>9039864
Don't worry yourself. The colour scheme is very elegant.
>>
>>9039864
>making BBQ hi falutin' could cause people to pull out their gun and shoot it down here.
Texas?
>>
>>9039997
Nah, 40 miles south of Memphis. Might as well be though. Really liked your rissotto. Beautiful plate and cloth. I made one last night with shrimp and fresh tomato. Good on you to work in berries.
>>
>>9039834
Sixth entry, and it's a hot one.
Dig the blueberry wine, looks foxy.
>>
>>8999554
I'm not about to make something and photograph it just to show off on a Laotian Macrame Forum, but...

Strawberries, kiwis, gooseberries and currants are incredible in savoury applications - even something as simple as subbing out tomatoes. Blueberries play well with acidity - blueberry tyropita with lemon is great and anyone who says otherwise can do lines off my crack.
>>
>>9040389
>laotian macrame forum

Hmm, I wonder how it might change from that? I guess it wouldn't be from people throwing caution to the wind and posting and discussing OC. Nah, that wouldn't change it. Better just to bitch like a ragass gril with cramps.
>>
>>9040389
Come on, join the party.
Unless, you don't think anything you could make would be any good... is that why you're so afraid?
>>
>a cooking contest where you have no idea how something is seasoned or spiced

this is always dumb
>>
>>9041629
Thanks for the
>bump
>>
>>9040389
I prefer the Vietcong Tapestry Folding boards, personally.
>>
>>9041629
What about my entry >>9031036 do you have questions about?

>captcha was "ROAD Road". Why?
>>
>>9043346
>the road, why?

They want you to read Cormac McCarthy?
>>
>>9041629
Don't you have a fast food thread to be monitoring?
>>
I dreamt of tomatoes stuffed with cherries last night. What have you done, /ck/?
>>
>>9044744
We have freed you from the cruel bonds of common sense.
>>
>>9043664
Fair enough.
>>
>>9045266
What if my common sense has been wrong all this time and I should make sweet tomato jam to go on toast? A mango and tomato smoothie? Tomato hot chocolate?
>>
>>9046263
Perhaps then you could be known as the mightiest of coo/ck/s.
/ck/onan the simmerian
>>
Which one of you said this
>>9047286
Because your suggestion will be taken into consideration.
Also, my love for you still stands.
I love all of you.
You fu/ck/ers are my rock.
>>
File: 20170612_181417.jpg (400KB, 1886x1061px) Image search: [Google]
20170612_181417.jpg
400KB, 1886x1061px
>>9047686
Awwwww......
I like soup/stew/chili/whathaveyou as well. Could be interesting as seasonal produce is changing.
>You fu/ck/ers are my rock.
*cock

I buyed a canard.
>>
File: 20170612_182853.jpg (471KB, 1886x1061px) Image search: [Google]
20170612_182853.jpg
471KB, 1886x1061px
>>
File: 20170613_185145.jpg (526KB, 1886x1061px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_185145.jpg
526KB, 1886x1061px
Wasn't too sure what I was going to do with it earlier, but bourbon told me to make it Chinesey. Chinky? Not sure how to say it.
Oriental?
>>
if i use blueberry flavored eggo waffles to make something does that count as a berry
>>
>>9047686
Lel, you caught me bitching in that other thread, didn't you? I tip my glass of homemade blueberry wine to you again tonight, you lovely autist.
>>
File: 20170613_185609.jpg (421KB, 1886x1061px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_185609.jpg
421KB, 1886x1061px
Gonna souix vede it at 176F for 10 hours.
The granulated shit that looks unrecognizable is orange peel.
Brined for 6 hours, so no salt added.
Waiting for the alcohol to fully kick in before I send it to sleep for the night.

I'm leaning towards duck confit rangoon with some sort of blackberry sauce.
My original thought was duck confit tamale with blackberry sauce, but I think that's a Rick Bayless thing? I dunno.
Was also thinking about spring roll/egg roll, but I think it would be too rich. I mean, a large amount of deep fried - fried duck... gut bomb.
>>
>>9047897
>if i use blueberry flavored eggo waffles to make something does that count as a berry
Yes, stupid. It doesn't count as savory, though.
>>
>>9047933
you dont know my recipe fag
>>
>>9047940
true
true...
>>
>>9047686
Do NOT do soups in this sweltering heat.
>>
>>9048125
I get ya, but that's kind of the challenge.
I'm farting 2d4 because berries are about a month out in the PNW, but ... cunts.
Obviously a cream based soup would be shitty for most, but the challenge is a challenge.
A cold or room temp soup might be kinda nice on a hot day.
Not all of us are From Hell, Jack.
>>
>>9033766
give it a try, it's rice
>>
>>9041629
papa?
>>9043346
papa?
>>9043664
b-but papa?
>>
>>9047875
>You fu/ck/ers are my cock.
That as well.
Good to see you working on your entry m80.
>>
>>9048196
As a Texan, soup sounds horrifying right about now, unless it was chilled to fuck and back.
>>
>>9042999
Mate, don't make me have to do next season, no commies allowed.
>>
>>9047888
that is a huge load, but why the fuck would you marinate chicken in semen?
>>
Bump for the pump.
>>
>>9049830
It's DUCK, goddammitt!
>>
File: Fresh_Fruit_Soup.jpg (40KB, 711x430px) Image search: [Google]
Fresh_Fruit_Soup.jpg
40KB, 711x430px
>>9049492
Actually, a cold tomato soup would be nice.
A bit early for corn in my area, but that would be nice cold as well.
>>
>>9049830
>not marinating poultry in semen
What're you, fucking gay?
>>
>>9040455
Easy there, Khan. It had a lot more to do with not feeling like cooking a three course meal for myself at 11pm simply to show photographs to strangers than any of the South-Asian finger-weaving that those strangers might be into.

Try the blueberry tyropita. It's great.
>>
>>9052093
Closest I've got at the moment - a four month old Elderberry Sour Ale, served just at the freezing point.

It's heavily based on a Berliner Weisse, but because of the seasonal brewing conditions it's got a bit of California Steam at the start, and because of the grain bill, a bit of chocolate at the finish. In between is just enough elderberry to cut the maltiness, which leads into an almost lemon-yogurt tartness from the lactobacillus.
>>
File: beeah.jpg (775KB, 2121x3771px) Image search: [Google]
beeah.jpg
775KB, 2121x3771px
>>9052147
>>
>>9052162
Is this your entry?
Cos I'm ready to save it as one (after editing out the white space of course, racist).
>>
>>9052201
If I can spend some time cooking at home instead of pulling 16-20's at the slave pit, I'll get you a real entry. Until then, white-space power!
>>
>>9052227
Sounds good. It's your entry unless you post something else.
As for the name, I'll call you Elderberry until further notice.
Thanks for the tanks.
>>
>>9052147
>grain bill
discuss
>almost lemon-yogurt tartness from the lactobacillus
This is fine with me. You are gonna get shit on, but I'd be interested to know what the grains were, yeast, racking and shit.
I know it took a lot of effort, if nothing else. Would taste.
>>
>>9052093
>three course meal
Nigga, the first entry is a sandwich with a blueberry, you'll be fine.
>>
Aw. I made a cucumber and green gooseberries soup with home-smoked chicken the other day.

Had I known this thread was here, I'd have photographed the berries before and after blitzing into soup as proof. There are leftovers, but that doesn't prove its own provinence.
>>
>>9053340
>misspells provenance
For shame.
>>
>>9053340
>cucumber and green gooseberries soup with home-smoked chicken
That sounds fukken dank.
>>
>>9053837
Thanks. It's a semi traditional dish of southeastern Hungary. I say "semi" because the chicken's not meant to be smoked and the soup doesn't usually have cucumber in it. I added the cucumbers because they were too ripe for pickling.
>>
>>9053340
Was it hot or cold?
I like soup, but it's fucking hot and humid here in the ass-crack of Texas.
>>
>>9052501
I was going to whip up some strawberry-chicken chili (strawbs make a pretty good tomato substitute, either in a pinch, or because you have three pints of strawberries that will go bad soon and you have no idea what to do with them), but I got called back into work because dumb people are dumb.

The grain bill is largely base and pilsner malts, with a tiny bit of chocolate wheat at the end for Schitzengiggels - basically just enough to cross the line from white ale to pale/blonde. I wanted to give it a bit of body, and give the yeast lots of sugar and protein to break down over the four months in the heat, so it's fairly malt-heavy for a 5gal batch - 12.5lbs.

The yeast is leftovers from the last batch - White Labs Australian Ale, brewed on a super heavy red at about 14C. The Lacto is also White Labs - a fresh batch of Lactobacillus Delbrueckii.

Three stage fermentation - Primary for three days at room temp (which was between 20 and 30 C, so rather hot), Secondary for a week at a steady 18C in the chest cooler, and Tertiary with the lacto for a week at 16C. Bottle finish with a bit of dextrose to help 'er fizz up, slowly warmed back up to room temp of mid 20's, one degree every two days, and finally left to its devices for the yeast to clean up and the lacto to sour.
>>
File: snobs.jpg (78KB, 847x737px) Image search: [Google]
snobs.jpg
78KB, 847x737px
>>9054572
Thanks for the info. Sounds like it would be tasty.
I'm a fag for (most) sours.
I work at a brew pub so I just let the experts make it. I don't understand how sours haven't blow up as much as they could in this area (PNW, particularly pic related). They're around, for sure, but I think there should be at least 3 or 4 on tap at every place that has more than 12 taps... in a perfect world.

Interested in the strawberry-chicken chili too. Can't quite see it in my head. I could imagine it working, though. Like how cranberry and turkey work.
>>
>>9055506
The problem with having live-culture sours on tap is that that line is now dedicated to that culture - especially if your other lines are filtered and force-carbonated as there's now no competitive culture, and basically every beer on that line will now be lacto/brett.

Easy enough to get around: culture the beer until ready, filter thoroughly and force carbonate, but the idea of a sour beer can be off-putting.

I'm trying to get my buddy/teacher to start with a Berliner Weisse on one line at his brewery's pub - basically unannounced, just ___ Berliner Weisse - with the offer of a flavouring courtesy of local orchards/farms, play up the local aspect. Once the palates have warmed up to sour beer and the minds have opened to the sense of terroir, have an open-ferment Saison on a line, or a designated Brett line.

He's iffy on having to designate plumbing to certain beer types, moreso the potential cost of truly sanitizing or maybe having to replace them if it doesn't work out.
>>
>>9055660
I hear you. I know enough about it to know what you're saying. The owner was a bit freaked out about the bacteria in the tanks and whatnot, nevermind the lines. But there's a company that comes and cleans our lines on the regular so it's not really an issue. And we do have a Berliner Weisse on tap now (and started canning on Tuesday!), so moving that direction.
I'm speaking a bit outside of my knowledge: I'm a cook not a brewer.
We had a sour stout that we made a few months ago. 9% ABV. People were weirded out about it. I full on quaffed pints of it. It was dangerously good.
I somehow fell into sours about 5 or 6 years ago and I just can't get enough. I think it started with lambic (not Lindemans). Then I want to say guosse (sp?), uh, not Gose which is fine and all. We made one with sea water at one point, for Schitzengiggels. Ah found the correct spelling: Geuze. Yeah, then anyways blogpost. pfft.
>>
>>9054572
>Schitzengiggels
I'm stealing that and there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it.
>>
>>9056109
Pretty sure it's high German.
>>
>>9056109
typical jew
go forward to /pol/
>>
>>9056315
>implying I'm not /pol/ish as fuck.
>>9056156
>High German
Turkish just sounds gross, like all mud languages.
>>
next month better be peaches niggers, I end up with a shitton and I only have one tree

also, when did the ck challenge become a monthly thing?
>>
>>9056109
I stole it from Beer Fest. You'll be hearing from Jay Chandrasekhar's lawyers.
>>
>>9056521
Theme suggestion go in on the 24th, when the official (kek) voting starts.
But yours is already recorded because I'm a nice cunt.
>>
>>9054523
Gooseberry soup can be served hot or cold but chicken gooseberry soup is generally served either boiling hot or just warm (but still above room temperature).
>>
File: 20170616_124133-1.jpg (1MB, 1885x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170616_124133-1.jpg
1MB, 1885x1152px
Entering. Not sure what my identifier is going to be yet. Brown sugar, ac vinegar, and pepper corns not pictured.
>>
>>9057332
>poupon

Tee hee
>>
>>8999554
Waaazzuuup my ninjas. Eyepatch here. Been on the road on my bike trip. Unfortunately, I hurt my knee last week and am heading home today. On the bright side, I can participate in this months challenge now. Entries look good so far. Should have mine up in a few days.
>>
>>9057426
Ohh shit, the ninja with one eye is back.
Hope your knee heals up.
Hope your entry (something positive that rhymes with "heals up").
>>
File: 20170616_151104-1.jpg (914KB, 1152x1545px) Image search: [Google]
20170616_151104-1.jpg
914KB, 1152x1545px
>>8999554
Here is my humble submission-

Salmon au poivre with blueberry basil balsamic reduction
Cranberry butternut squash risotto with toasted pepitas and thyme
Mustard glazed Brussels sprouts with blackberries, walnuts, and apple

Identifier and recipe info to follow
>>
File: 20170616_151130.jpg (628KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170616_151130.jpg
628KB, 2048x1152px
>>9057887
Salmon au poivre - Atlantic salmon filets brushed in soy sauce before being pressed into cracked peppercorns and seared for 3 minutes on each side then finishing in the oven

Blueberry balsamic reduction- blueberries, basil, salt and balsamic vinegar, reduced on medium low

Blackberry brussels sprouts- Brussels sprouts and walnuts sautéed until tender, add blackberries, toss in sauce made from dijon and brown mustard, hot sauce, and apple cider vinegar. add apples

Cranberry butternut risotto- bake butternut squash until tender, toast pepitas and thyme, remove from heat, dice squash and add to pan with butter, thyme, and garlic. Brown. Add rice, cranberries, and pepitas, stir until toasty. Add chicken stock in small amounts and fully incorporate while stirring constantly.

It was truly delicious. I took a chance making au poivre having never made it before but the salmon was perfectly cooked, the crust was nice and crisp and the blueberry reduction balanced out the pepper beautifully.

My identifier is a mamushka doll. Vert to follow possibly if I have time. Feel free to request pics of the cooking process in the meantime
>>
File: 2017-06-16 16.09.07.jpg (1MB, 1152x1545px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-16 16.09.07.jpg
1MB, 1152x1545px
>>9057887
Forgot to enhance the pic
>>
>>9057955
Save'd
Check'd
Kek'd (for no reason)
>>
>>9057941
That's some high quality entry. Points for taking the challenge seriously.
>>
>>9057972
Thanks numbaz, it's nice you're keeping up this challenge. It really elevates the board

>>9057984
Thank's anon, I was kinda worried desu
>>
I love you mad mob of bastards.
Three cheers to looming forced sobriety!
>>
>>9058784
>looming forced sobriety
>>
>>9058865
The local bottleshop is closing down, and I'll be fucked if I'm going somewhere more than twenty minutes away on foot.
Wish they sold berries though (still on topic!).
>>
File: looming forced sobriety.png (469KB, 595x634px) Image search: [Google]
looming forced sobriety.png
469KB, 595x634px
>>9059977
Apart from berry-flavored vodkas, what kind of berry booze can you get in your local?
>>
>>9059983
Well, fuck all right now is what they sell. The stock has been all but completely cleared out.
Balls.
>>
Boop
>>
Wake up and smell the coffeeberries. One week to go.
>>
Still alive
>>
Bumping. Curious how many entrants there will be. Has this been pretty popular? How long has it been going? I haven't been around
>>
>>9063051
This is the 3rd one.
Think about a dozen entries for the last 2.
>>
>>9063051
14 entries in March
15 entries in April (no voting that month due to administrative difficulty)
14 entries in May
8 entries so far this June
>>
>>9035289
Ooh my fave so far

All entries look good though. Hard pick.
>>
>>9057941
This sounds and looks incredible
>>
Wee!
>>
Only 8 entries so far, can we beat the April record of 15 entries?
I dunno.
>>
>>9065407
You still seem like a faggot but now your desperate to.
>>
>>9065407

As someone who's participated (more and more halfheartedly) every round this year, and submitted entries until I was voted out last year, I hate to say it, but I think this is kind of dead.

Last year we had a giant influx of trolls (it's been going on for years) from the faster boards, as the moderation has cracked down, and shitposters have moved to smaller boards to shitpost.

When Hearts was in charge and there were prizes - despite going to the same few trips every year - it seemed much more legit. When Bubbles took over it still seemed promising, but there fast food crossboarders were just too intent on ruining anything nice. Borneo has grandmother status, but never really contributed like Hearts or Bubble, puppies aside.

I've done what I could with OC and whatnot to try to fight it, but /ck/ has been turned into another /b/.2; just wish I knew a better place to go.
>>
>>9066080

You and Webmfag are doing a great job, btw. It's just not the same.
>>
File: curious.png (292KB, 490x396px) Image search: [Google]
curious.png
292KB, 490x396px
>>9066081
I think the board in general has been a lot slower. Maybe we just need to liven this competition up a bit.

>THIS SATURDAY
>18:00 CEST, or whatever time you guys want - where are you anyway?
>GOOGLE HANGOUT
>OMELETTE RACE
>BERRIES OPTIONAL

Who can cook the fastest omelette? Find out in our high-stakes competition. Winner gets their face photoshopped into all the silly bump images I make for the rest of the year.

Or don't. It's up to you.
>>
FUCK this thread, man.
I keep forgetting about it and every time I just finish doing something with berries, I see this thread again and I've already turned them into an unrecognisable form.
I'm >>9053340
I went to market yesterday and found more gooseberries. Rather than the same soup all over again, I'm gonna make a South Indian curry of them. However, I already roasted and blitzed and cooked chicken carcasses in the mixture to make gooseberried chicken stock. I haven't made the curry itself yet, though.

As all I have is a greenish, oily stock and no physical proof that I made it with gooseberries, would it be poor form to photograph the curry when it's done and post it here?
>>
File: stock.png (302KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
stock.png
302KB, 600x400px
>>9066264
Problem solved!
>>
>>9066080
The mods on other boards have been stepping up and banning twats while /ck/ still has some of (if not The) worst mods on this entire fucking site.
>>9066264
As for your problem, just post the finished product. If you can't trust people you don't know and have never met on 4chan, who can you trust?
>>
>>9066264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr-pNgnR67E
>>
>>9066290
That is pretty much what it looks like, except the berries have been liquified.

>>9066350
Will do.

>>9066384
I don't understand.
>>
>>9066080
What are you talking about? Almost all the entries this round have creativity and show some effort. Take a step back dude, and just ignore some of the child threads. There's still decent stuff here, although in the summer it is pretty damn bad with the kids having far too much free time.
>>
>>9066080
>>9066475
"Shit threads need nothing more to compass their ends, than that OC should look on and do nothing."
Now, I probably could've adapted that quote from John Stuart Mill
>of his own free will, you know the rest
better, but I don't give a shit. I'm drunk.
>for the last time
>>
File: sad-pepe-640x480.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad-pepe-640x480.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>9066080
>Last year we had a giant influx of trolls
That's because last year some asshole cross posted the challenge on a /qa/ current events thread and that's when all the trolls appeared. It killed one of the only good things left about this board.

>mfw it was me
>>
File: 1489866260062.png (193KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
1489866260062.png
193KB, 300x411px
>>9066642
If you pray hard enough
>hard
You can be absolved of your sins
And by
>pray
I mean submit OC, you bastard.
>praise webm for this saintly image
>>
File: 20170617_232508.jpg (648KB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
20170617_232508.jpg
648KB, 1494x2656px
>>9035289
That looks/sounds really good.

>>9047875
>>9047878
>>9047888
>>9047922
Carrying on...

I pulled the skin off the legs, fried it, and ate it.
>>
File: 20170617_232526.jpg (749KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20170617_232526.jpg
749KB, 2656x1494px
I then carefully placed some corn chips on a baking sheet. Topped it with cheddar and jack, pickled jalapeno, olives, etc. Then I drunkedly knocked it into the sink. (Last night)
>>
File: 20170617_235140.jpg (878KB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
20170617_235140.jpg
878KB, 1494x2656px
Pulled the meat off the duck legs and fried it.
>>
File: 20170618_184112.jpg (1002KB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_184112.jpg
1002KB, 1494x2656px
This is about to get blended in the blender:
Blackberries
Garlic
Apple Cider Vinegar
Turban-Wearing Sugar
Orange Essential Oil
Tamarind Concentrate
really really really, just a drop of Sesame Oil
Slut & Pooper

Blitzed, put on heat to marry a bit and then strained.
>>
File: 20170618_200759.jpg (886KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_200759.jpg
886KB, 2656x1494px
Isn't this attractive?

Cream Cheese
Fried Duck
My Fermented Serrano Chili Sauce
Ume Vinegar
Fish Sauce
???

Can't remember. It's mostly the first 3 ingredients. On the spicy side, to combat the sweet and sour in the sauce.
>>
File: 20170618_203015.jpg (611KB, 1488x1438px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_203015.jpg
611KB, 1488x1438px
>>
File: 20170618_204835.jpg (985KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_204835.jpg
985KB, 2656x1494px
So...
Close...
>>
File: 20170618_204854.jpg (1019KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_204854.jpg
1019KB, 2656x1494px
>>9067250
That was the timestamp pic.
This looks slightly better I think.
>>
File: 20170618_205008.jpg (798KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_205008.jpg
798KB, 2656x1494px
Feast your eyes, glut your soul on it's accursed ugliness.

Inspirational eating music for eating this dish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDJPpG8e4n4

Cry about it.
Take your pills.
Then drink your beers!
>>
>>9067265
Your entry and it's component posts will be slobbered on tomorrow, when I have the time to be sober and compile it all into a single image tomorrow.
I will want your body in about three minutes cos that's how I roll, you sexy thang.
>>
File: 1426749882977.gif (2MB, 303x277px) Image search: [Google]
1426749882977.gif
2MB, 303x277px
>>9003169
Well done, thank you anon.
>>
>>9067272
Thanks, boss.
I appreciate you and your endeavors here.
>>
>>9009699
Fucking blueberries are the shit my nigga !!
>>
>>9067255
That looks delicious. Well done
>>
>>9009942
No one has answered yet about cherries, avocados, or tomatoes. You jew bastards just don't want the competition for the glorious geld prize.
>>
>>9047922
>souix vede
>>
File: racer x duckberry.png (3MB, 666x3003px) Image search: [Google]
racer x duckberry.png
3MB, 666x3003px
Sorry for the ugly. This is more a reflection of my mental states than yours.
>>
>>9067621
I wouldn't be so sure about that.
It's beautiful.
>>
File: 0619171220.jpg (615KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
0619171220.jpg
615KB, 2240x1344px
>>9066411
Here's the curry. Remembered I had some pickled gooseberries I made last year, so I put a handful on the plate.
Roasted gooseberries.
Blitzed smooth with some water.
Used watery gooseberry puree in place of pure water for making chicken stock using a few chicken backs.
Skimmed fat from stock and used it to sautee ginger/garlic paste, garlic/chilli paste.
I added cumin, white pepper and black mustard, all freshly cracked.
When the cumin began to pop, I added cut up thigh meat, which i dressed in various other spices.
When the chicken was coloured, i added the gooseberry stock.
When it boiled, I added shredded red chilli, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
I plated it up with a side of bitter gourd in egg-curry and boiled rice.
Was good.

Forgive the blurriness, if there's any in the photo. Parkinson's will do that.
>>
>>9067447
Cherries are berries, avocados and tomatoes are not. It has so been decreed.
>>
>>9068703
What cuisine is this? The pic is very blurry but I like the dish a lot. I think.
>>
>>9068791
Kinda/sorta Tamil. The dish is a combination of two separate Tamil dishes, nellikkai rasam (literally, gooseberry soup) and koli saaru (chicken soup). The bitter gourd in egg-curry is Sri Lankan.

Sorry for the blurriness
>>
>>9068703
Sounds fricken delicious
>>
>>9068703
Another entry and my erection continues to grow!
>>
>>9069458
AND GROW!
Much like this thread.
>>
>>9068818
Dope, I love rasam. Don't know much about Tamil cuisine beyond the basics though. This was good inspiration.
>>
Is the cut off date the 21st or the 24th? I don't remember.
>>
>>9070634
24th
>>
Let's keep this thread alive, lads
Suggestions for future themes?
>>
>>9071541
Food paired with drinks that aren't wine or beer (or any alcohol that can be bought as is)
Given that it's summer I think a refreshing drink alongside a matching meal could be interesting. Also drinks/beverages aren't something often posted here. Neither are they common on cooking shows.

I think suggestions for new themes start with voting so I'll suggest it again later.
>>
>>9071612
That's a neat idea. It really pushes the limits of creativity. It'd be interesting to see what anon came up with.
>>
>>9071612
I could see that, yeah.
>>
>>9071716
Anons*
Fuck
>>
When this thread falls off I post the continuation.
Thanks for all the entries, you beautiful fucks.
>>
>>9073289
bye!

(pssst... don't do this >>9071612)
>>
Thread's dead, Fred.
>>
>>9074137
Get ready for Numbaz to bring the democracy on the 23rd for our trolling-filled vote thread.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.