[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give your fellow /ck/ anons a pro-tip Buy jarred diced garlic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

Give your fellow /ck/ anons a pro-tip

Buy jarred diced garlic. You're not going to use it every time but it lasts a long time in the fridge and sometimes I just can't be fucked to smash and dice my own, especially when it's going into a dish where garlic isn't in the forefront
>>
use lawry's seasoned salt instead of normal salt when making burgers n shit
>>
>>8998441
Gatlics are a dollar at the most far out of places, friend. Very easy to crush. I don't deal with it but I use garlic powder rarely. A dollar. Many nights of use. Takes extremely well to cloning. Repels medical professionals that take three vials of blood when they only need one.
>>
>>8998441
I already do anon...however I use it in just about everything, so I splurge and get the 1kg jar for $6...
I even use it on my corn flakes in the morning...
>>
>>8998468
Not OP, but I picked up the exact jar in OP's image because it was on sale.

The jar is less than $2 normally. It already comes in oil so you don't even need that. This jar will last you a month or two of daily cooking, unless you're using way too much of it.

It's a rare situation where this is both cheaper and more convenient.
>>
>>8998441
Jarred garlic tastes bad. It's the equivalent of reconstituted pasteurized lemon juice.Use fresh or don't use it at all.
/thread
>>
>>8998497
do you ever use garlic powder? If so, shut up.
>>
>>8998489
How long would you say it lasts? In terms of expiration, and/or in terms of how much you use
>>
>>8998522
the jar I bought a month ago has an expiration date of april 19 2018, granted that's probably for a sealed container but I'd be surprised if it went bad within the next few months
>>
>>8998507

That shit sucks too.
>>
>>8998569
do you use it? Or do you only ever self-prep whole cloves of garlic when you want a garlic flavor contribution to your dish?
>>
File: knorr-pasta-sides-450x317.png (347KB, 450x317px) Image search: [Google]
knorr-pasta-sides-450x317.png
347KB, 450x317px
Here's one I wish I'd thought of earlier: it is stupid easy to make a homemade version of these. Just take an equivalent amount of regular raw pasta and water/milk (like 4 oz and 2 cups) and boil it with some butter and spices, it cooks down into its own sauce
>>
>>8998573

Never. Doesn't really matter though, if it works for you then good on ya. But I'm curious: what dishes do you use it for and do you think it works just as well or simply well enough?
>>
>>8998441
I feel like anything I'd have to say most people would already know.

If it feels like it's missing something, it's almost always salt.
Sharpen your knives
You can cut the sugar in half for almost anything that isn't a dessert and not taste a difference.
Use ground turkey for taco meat to make it healthier. That's about all it's good for though, tastes nasty on its own.
Clean flat-top stoves while they're still warm. The burnt on stuff comes off more easily.
Nothing tastes better just because it's more expensive - find a cheap grocery store.
Never make fudge yourself if you don't want to feel like a fat fuck.
>>
>>8998755
>Never make fudge yourself if you don't want to feel like a fat fuck.
Oops.

I felt more like a frickin' wizard, anyway. That was my first time cooking sugar and fiercely boiling sugar at hundreds of degrees is fun.
>>
>>8998608
so I buy big packs of chicken thigh, debone them, cut the meat into strips, then put them into ziploc sandwich bags in single serving portions. I take one out of the freezer, leave it under a stream of warm water until it's thawed, then I pour some soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, pepper, red chili flake, and a scoop of jar minced garlic into the bag. I mix it up, let it sit on the counter for 15 minutes or so, then I throw it in a scorching hot pan. This was a meal I threw together with little time and even less effort, the jar garlic did what it needed to do for the loose constraints provided it
>>
>>8998468
The fuck are you on about crazyanon
>>
File: 1465858056724.jpg (41KB, 543x549px) Image search: [Google]
1465858056724.jpg
41KB, 543x549px
why not crushed, has more for less
>>
>>8998591
Yep. Those are the shit
>>
>>8998497
calling /thread on your own, leave pls
>>
>>8998573
why do people pretend using real fresh garlic requires some assload of prep

when you get a head of garlic, get out the gloves and put them in a snack bag in the freezer. when you want garlic in something, take some out and use a cheese grater
>>
>>8998468
top heh
>>
>not planting a few cloves of Garlic and getting 10x the amount in return
>>
>>8998441
Just buy a garlic press. It's way easier than dicing, and much quicker. If you really hate taking time away from sucking daddy's dickie, then just buy the pre-peeled as well.
>>
>>8998468
>Repels medical professionals that take three vials of blood when they only need one.
We're saving you a second needle when the lab inevitably fucks up, friendo.
>>
Garlic is really difficult, so I don't use it.
>>
Don't buy that crap.

Just put a large batch of garlic in a food processor, or chop a large batch with a knife. Then put it in a zip-loc ag and store it in the freezer.

Now you can add garlic to whatever you want, effortlessly.
>>
>>9002323
ziploc bag I mean
>>
>>8998441
garlic in a jar is only good for adding background garlic flavor and is barely better than garlic powder. if youre using large amounts of garlic go with the fresh stuff. doesn't taste like briney crap like the stuff in jars does.
>>
>>8998441
pre-minced garlic smells disgusting. it retains none of the properties that people are using garlic for
>>
>>8999055
>You can't /thread your own post

Ftfy <3
>>
File: goya garlic.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
goya garlic.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>8998441
You need to step up your game, senpai.

If you can't use fresh garlic, garlic powder, and jarred garlic in their correct applications, then you only have yourself to blame.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.