[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alternative to adobo sauce?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

I've been wanting to make this burrito
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/chipotle-chicken-burritos-recipe-2121135
but "chipotle chile in adobo sauce" is nowhere to be found where I live. Is there any alternatives to this shit? I can get chili peppers, but there are no chili pepers in adobo sauce or adobo sauce alone
>>
>>8996814
Where do you live anon? I'll send you some
>>
>>8996814

Peppers + a little tomato paste
>>
>>8996827
lithuania
>>
>>8996831
That's not even close. Those chili's in adobo are very smokey and have a spicy earthy taste. I use them all the time in different sauces.
>>
File: 20170531_111051.png (3MB, 985x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20170531_111051.png
3MB, 985x2560px
>>8996844
Sent ;)
>>
>>8996885
When I said "peppers" I assume that people would be smart enough to use the same kind, i.e. chipotles.
>>
>>8996894
If the dude can't find the canned ones I highly doubt he'll find just plain old chipotle peppers at the market. Unless he wanted to smoke the peppers himself it's better if he just buys them online or something.
>>
Where do you live? They have that stuff at Wal-Mart or at most grocery stores in the Latin aisle.
>>
>>8996814
How can you not find them? I'm pretty sure Ja/ck/ uses them in one of his lazy man chilis and he's as flyover as it gets.
>>
>>8996892
Aww how sweet
>>
>>8996814
Here's Rick Bayless' recipe for adobo so it should be fairly authentic:

http://leitesculinaria.com/104253/recipes-adobo-sauce.html

If you can't find chipotle peppers you could smoke your own jalepenos. If you don't have a smoker you could probably get by with roasting the jalapenos and adding a few drops of liquid smoke to the adobo.
>>
>>8996904
Unironically this OP. If you can't find the canned shit, doubt you'll find real chipotle peppers. Order online or look around more.
>>
>>8996925
except for truly unlivable places like Idaho and Montana, most of "flyover country" has plenty of blacks and Mexicans, along with pockets of various other ethnicities, depending the specific area.
>>
>>8996814
I lived overseas for a few years. I always bought a can of this when I was home. Theres no alternative and if it doesn't exist where you live, its almost a foregone conclusion you don't have the ingredients to recreate it.

It really completely changes the flavor profile of what you put it into. If you made a recipe and liked it, it will taste differently with the inclusion. I was shocked the first time I bothered to seek it out
>>
>>8996924
>everyone is american
I live in 99% white country
>>
>>8999522
You must be part of the 1%.
>>
Adobo is made with oregano, spicy paprika, cumin, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and vinegar. You should be able to make it at home.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.