[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cast-Iron Pizza

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: cast-iron-pizza.jpg (2MB, 3504x2336px) Image search: [Google]
cast-iron-pizza.jpg
2MB, 3504x2336px
How do I make a pizza (either thicc crust or regular) I my cast iron?

I got some pizza dough & sauce, fresh basil, tomatoes, meats, onions, pinenuts, olives, mushrooms, and some chilies. How do I into pizza?
>>
>>8990788
Spread dough, sauce, toppings and then cheese. Turn on your oven, place pizza in cast iron, place cast iron in oven, bake till finished.
You can onit the cast iron if you like
>>
http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/how-to/article/pan-pizza-video
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxsGSVXJTY8

Here you go, friendo
>>
>>8990788
oil the cast iron, preknead the dough a bit then lay it in the cast iron, form it to the edges (up the walls if you want a thick crust like the picture), add toppings and cook.
>>
500 degrees.
Preheat pan
Form pizza dough on counter
Prep ingredients but don't put on dough yet.
Remove and oil pan.
Put and position dough in pan careful.
Quickly put all toppings on.
Put back in oven and cook for 12-15 mins.
>>
>>8990800
I usually lay the crust out first in my cast iron, baste with olive oil and put garlic powder , then par bake at high heat for 5-10 mins depending on thickness of the crust and of your cast iron . Then I top it with sauce and everything else and bake till melted. I hate undercooked dough so I do it this way . Bonus points if you use your own pizza sauce
>>
File: edward_norton.jpg (697KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
edward_norton.jpg
697KB, 1680x1050px
>>8990788
I actually like to flip my cast iron upside down and cook pizza on the bottom.

I might be insane.
>>
>>8990814
Do you still least put a baking tray underneath or something. Savage
>>
>>8990803
Thanks for googling shit loser
>>
>>8990814
a bold strategy
>>
>>8990813
this is how I do mine, except I use garlic butter on the crust after it comes out from par baking and the final baking. also I like my pepperoni crispy so I turn the broiler on for the last couple minutes while its on the bottom rack.
If I don't par bake it the middle bottom of the crust is not cooked enough. but then again I like a lot of toppings, usually onions, green peppers, mushrooms, banana peppers, black olives, pepperoni.
>>
PAN
NICE AND HOT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcfNpDtVqOw

if using onion, meat or mushrooms, saute/brown them before adding them on top of the pizza

otherwise you'll have watery mushrooms on top of the pizza, and the water that escapes from the mushrooms will sog the rest of the pizza as well
>>
>>8990788
Build pizza in pan. Heat pan on stovetop, highest heat, until outside of dough is barely crisped (~3 minutes). Bake in oven, 500 degrees, 10-12 minutes.
>>
left my cast iron unattended and its fucking rusty. can i save it?
>>
>>8992526
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLGSLCaksdY

Yes.
>>
>>8992539
so just oil? its kinda heavy rusty.
>>
>>8992610

So remove the rust first, genius. It's not hard.
>>
>>8992613
>It's not hard.

Rust, by definition, is both hard, and hard to remove.

Cast iron is shit. Use non rusty, non stick.
>>
>>8992622
>hard to remove.

Millennial who has zero real-world experience detected.
>>
>>8990788
Heat the oven to 550F or as high as it goes, it should be done in minutes if you went for an authentic Neapolitan crust.
>>8992622
Well you're not suppose to soak your cast iron pans in water genius.
>>8992526
Well gee I dunno, grab a brush or sponge, then use some water and detergent, see if it comes off, if it doesn't try using some scouring pads, if it still doesn't come off, get the grinder out boy.
>>
>>8992622
>Cast iron is shit. Use non rusty, non stick.

pppppppppppffffffffffffffttttttttt

too much workk

As a millennial, I just throw away my dirty pans and have mommy and daddy buy me a new one.
>>
>>8992622
Why do I get the feeling you've never worked a day in your life
>>
>>8992689
Cast iron cuck bois BTFO.

"ITS EASY TO CLEAN. JUST GET YOUR GRINDER"

Why do I get the feeling you meet cucks inherited everything from your grandpappy and aren't smart enough to even imagine a better life for yourselves?
>>
whats a good pizza recipe
>>
>>8990804
>dont have time to make dough
??
why the fuck does he put that much oil on it??
>>
>>8992757
pineapple
>>
>>8992539
Can you believe I did a redo right there in the spot?????????
>>
Try using a tortilla for your crust. I'm serious.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/08/cast-iron-pizza-tortilla-video-recipe-food-lab.html
>>
Whenever I do it, I oil the pan, assemble the pizza, put the pan on the stove on medium-high for ~5 minutes, then put it in the oven at like 400F for 15ish minutes or until cheese is melted. Crust turns out crispy on top and bottom.
>>
>>8992766
jack is a literal retard
>>
>>8992622
successful troll is successful
>>
>>8994703
kinda common in italy too, we do with piadina which is the same idea
i dont like it too much but for sure it's fast and retard-proof
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.