[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideas for romantic dinner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: pigs_heart_ventral_view-1.gif (200KB, 506x786px) Image search: [Google]
pigs_heart_ventral_view-1.gif
200KB, 506x786px
Sup /ck/. My gf usually cooks amazingly good traditional food for me and the only thing I can make is chicken tikka masala. Need some ideas and basic prep info for light romantic dinner for two.
>>
do you want to cook for her or do you want the cooking to be a shared activity?
>>
>>8988321
We usually cook together but this time I want to make it alone and greed her with homemade meal after she's back from work.
>>
>>8988317

Tube steak, raw.
>>
>>8988328

well if you want easy you can't get easier than a roast

steamed mussels are surprisingly easy if you want something that seems a bit more creative

you could do chicken cordon blue if you have a dutch oven, but that's a little heavier

braises are a good option if you have a couple of hours, coq au vin is a classic

pasta and steak are always options, but very simple

also pick up a really good loaf of fresh sourdough bread and have that as the carb portion of the meal, saves you one dish. while you're at the bakery you can get something for dessert too.
>>
>>8988351
All good ideas. Any tips on pasta with steak ?
>>
>>8988359

actually i meant the two independently, pasta or steak. I guess you could try steak with a side of pasta but it would be a pretty heavy meal.
>>
>>8988362
She likes tagliatelle. I will probably keep steak to myself :).
>>
>>8988370
Make your own sauce if you're gonna make pasta.

Here's what I use for a basic marinara

I don't really care for ratio's, I just add shit until it tastes right, so experiment with it until you reckon it tastes good

Tinned tomatoes, diced or crushed, either is good, you can also use fresh, I just get tinned cause it's convenient, sometimes if I have fresh tomatoes from my garden I'll add them in too
Chopped up onion, size of the chopped bits depends on how you like it
Garlic
Thyme
Basil
A bit of rosemary
salt and pepper
You can add more shit like capers, olives or whatever if you feel like it.

How to actually cook the sauce: fry up the onion and garlic till the onion is somewhat translucent and then add the rest of the shit and simmer until it reaches the right consistency
>>
>>8988317
Spatchcock a whole chicken, then you even have leftovers.

Roast some Yukon gold potatoes with salt pepper and rosemary.

Put together a simple salad with a home-made dressing for veg and you're golden.
>>
>>8988328
>We usually cook together
And you haven't learned anything other than tikka masala? What is wrong with you?
>>
>>8988317
Are you trying to get laid or just trying to do something sweet? Because those are two different meals
>>
>>8988317
Garlic hummus and pita chips get em every time ;)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.