[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /ck/'s thoughts on Food Network?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1470.png (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1470.png
41KB, 300x300px
What are /ck/'s thoughts on Food Network?
>>
>>8987926
They make food sometimes
>>
>>8987926

Cooking channel is infinitely better.
>>
its shit. Unironically, fieri is the only reason to watch it anymore.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (185KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
185KB, 1280x720px
hi CHARLES STILES MYSTERY DINERS
>>
File: 3221648465154.png (599KB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
3221648465154.png
599KB, 500x579px
>>8988455
>>
If Guy Fieri isn't on, shoving his fat fingers into everything and shouting at the camera, then it's another fucking "come up with a recipe with all this shit and prepare it before the timer ends" game show.

The Travel Channel has better food-related programming when it's not airing shows about people running around in the dark scaring themselves or aliens.
>>
>>8989658
Agreed, triple D is good but fieri's grocery game show is shit, just like all the other FN shows.

My go to food shows are bizarre foods and parts unknown
>>
It's drowning in game shows that are 80% reality-show staged drama with no real focus on cooking or the food itself. The time-restricted platforms of the game shows also necessitate the exclusion of a lot of cooking methods and foods, even something as simple as marinades. It's just a garbage channel now.
>>
Needs more shows like Good Eats. Seriously, Alton Brown proved that food shows can be informative and entertaining without the need for reality TV bullshit or Rachel Ray mixing shit together and throwing it in an oven
>>
Why hasn't iron chef had a new episode in like five years?
>>
>>8988497
This show is infuriating in how blatantly fucking fake it is
>>
File: IMG_1491.jpg (129KB, 658x379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1491.jpg
129KB, 658x379px
>>8990816
actually there's a new iron chef series that just premiered
"Iron Chef Gauntlet"
>>
>>8990060
This. I grew up watching Good Eats and it helped my geeky scientist ass be unafraid of being adventurous in the kitchen since Alton would go into the reasoning behind everything. Shows like that are the best, where they show you not only what to do, but WHY it works- and do it in an entertaining way.

I do really miss Emeril. His shows back in the 90s were great, he was entertaining and showed people how to cook some damn tasty food that didn't require 48757395 exotic ingredients and some strange gadgets that were only suitable for one use. (Not gonna lie, I love me some strange gadgets, but most people don't have a sous vide machine in their kitchen.) The highlight of my 3rd grade year was actually going to a live taping of his show.

And Chopped and Iron Chef certainly aren't bad. They're entertaining...but not particularly instructive for a home cook who wants to learn some techniques. Unless one happens to have, say, only guava paste, pigeon meat, black garlic, and Capn Crunch in one's pantry to cook with...
>>
>>8990855
My man, on all parts. Good Eats was like watching the old Bill Nye except with food.

And Emeril back in the day got me into cooking. Never missed an airing of Emeril Live.
>>
>>8990838
I got to watch the premier with Jason dady and the chick that won. It was a crawfish boil and it kinda sucked
>>
I really love that one Indian lady who judges on Chopped sometimes.
>>
Can we all at least agree that guy fieri is a God among men
>>
File: 20170527_085341.jpg (45KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
20170527_085341.jpg
45KB, 500x304px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.