[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disappointing meals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: RomaineLettuce.jpg (35KB, 621x673px) Image search: [Google]
RomaineLettuce.jpg
35KB, 621x673px
Whats the most Violently disappointing dish you've ever been served at a restaurant?

>be me
>want to try a new place for dinner
>go to roustabouts as it has decent reviews
>sit down and order
>pretty nice place
>appetizer is pretty good
>main is pretty good
>HOW FUCKING EVER
>I also get a side with my meal
>I order a caesar salad
>as the waitress comes to the table with my meal I see something
>she has my main on a plate in one hand and then my salad in then other
>"salad" is a very generous word
>she puts them both down on my table says "enjoy" and leaves
>I don't know why but i couldn't fucking help myself
>I start laughing
>I'm laughing so fucking hard people all arround the resteraunt are starting to give me looks
>then they see why I am laughing
>my "salad" is an entire fucking intact head of romaine lettuce with some dressing on top
>>
I had a skillet meal from Dennys and it really sucked. Potatoes were soggy, cheese wasn't melted, eggs overdone.

Just shit
>>
File: gorzo.jpg (22KB, 430x296px) Image search: [Google]
gorzo.jpg
22KB, 430x296px
>>8984209
>my "salad" is an entire fucking intact head of romaine lettuce with some dressing on top
This is one of the more stupid recent trends. Especially since you can't properly wash a romaine salad whole.
I guess it saves work in the kitchen so they do it.
>>
>>8984407
>thinks restaurants wash their produce
>things that never happen irl
>>
>>8984692
Well they better do unless they want to be closed down for e.coli
>>
>>8984209
>ordering a side salad in 2017

They were laughing at you in the kitchen too.
>>
>order rice and chicken at restaurant
>turns out to be rice and chicken
JUST FUGGING RICE AND CHICKEN WHAT THE FUG KIND OF MEAL
i could make rice and chicken at home
>>
>>8984692

we wash our products
>>
>>8984209
Your mom
>>
>>8984209
>go to dad's favourite restaurant
>quality has always been pretty low but it's goign donwhill
>my dad loves it, he eats there every sunday and refuses to go elsewhere even when all the family turn up
>go there one day, they have pork chops in barbecue sauce o nthe menu
>think to self "well at least the sauce will moisten the meat"
>get dry as fuck pork chop, no sauce anywhere
>waitress comes back, ask about sauce she says "oh yea forgot"
>brings back shitty heinz barbecue sauce bottle
I'll never cease to be amazed at how they manage to make bad things even worse.
>>
>>8984692
Never washed a single veggie where I work nor is it part of our SOP.
>>
>>8984784
Similar experience

>be me
>go to Cuban Restaurant
>have had several things here
>all were fantastic
>order Arroz con Polllo

It turns out to be a baked chicken quarter on top of a giant molded pile of dry white rice.

I was expecting chicken to be cooking peppers, onions, tomatoes, stock, etc. to make a sauce that went with the chicken and rice. Nope. Dry rice. It wouldn't be so bad it they had given me a bunch of butter to melt over it.
>>
File: 1495098119580.jpg (45KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
1495098119580.jpg
45KB, 474x474px
>>8984692
Nigga you cannae be serious; every semi respectable restaurant on the planet will wash produce; noone is going to last two minutes serving salad with dirt and shite in it. Of course some veggies come prewashed and prep varies with purpose but cmon chaps
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.