[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that when you cook pasta... about eight minutes into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Lucy.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Lucy.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
Why is it that when you cook pasta... about eight minutes into cooking, the pasta starts to boil over with all these sud things?

Anyway to stop it?Add more salt or something?

It's not fair because I have to sit and watch the pot and can't go do something else while the pasta cooks.

What's happening and how do I stop it.

It's so unfair it's like when Joan Crawford races against her daughter Christina in a swimming contest, in the movie Mommie Dearest.

Why is the deck stacked against me when it comes to pasta?
>>
add some oil to the water. It will mess with the surface tension of the water and it won't boil over.
>>
>>8979213
The macaroni noodle adds volume/mass. Ass it Cooks even more as it expands.

Your water is over boiling. Turn down the heat to a light simmer. It's 11 minutes not 8 in my opinion.
>>
>>8979229
What's with all the suds though, it's this mass of foamy stuff...
>>
>>8979230
It's called starch
>>
>>8979230

If your pasta is spoiled, it might be mold spores. Get fresh pasta and store it properly.
>>
I will reveal to you all my simple trick to avoid this.

Turn the heat down a bit.
>>
>>8979810
But won't that make it not cook thororughly? I always boil my shit on high.
>>
>>8979213
Get one of these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mJImgySTmc
>>
>>8979975
it is best to boil it on high, yes. the trick is to get a TALL pot, even if you don't have a lot of pasta to cook, in order to avoid the spilling.
also, stir often in order for it to cook properly.
>>
Ditto for turning down the heat. I've also heard that placing a wooden spoon over the top of the pot works as well. Don't know if it actually does, but I've always done it anyway and never had issues.
>>
Try washing off the pasta with hot water before boiling
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.