[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Scandinavian cuisine is such a disgrace? I can understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: smalahove_served.jpg (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
smalahove_served.jpg
60KB, 800x600px
Why Scandinavian cuisine is such a disgrace? I can understand that in the past the harsh climate wouldn't allow a huge variety of ingredients to the common folk, severely limiting their traditional cooking. What baffles me is that even to this day their traditional eating habits and cooking methods never evolved past the Bronze Age.
>>
>>8978150
Hardly anyone eats that kind of food anymore.
Just like everywhere else they now have Chinese, Thai, middle Eastern....
And the whole modern Nordic cusine movement is about moving away from the old bland dishes and presentations. (I.e. Noma)
>>
>>8978150
This looks kinda nice since I love grilled cow tongues (not joking, these taste awesome).
>>
>>8978167
I know you can find good food there now. But that's the problem: they all belong to foreign cuisines. Their actual traditional food still remains Neolithic. And Noma... we are talking about food their families cook for generations and generations, not just what is served in some gourmet restaurant.
>>
File: 1408864650149.png (93KB, 241x296px) Image search: [Google]
1408864650149.png
93KB, 241x296px
>>8978194
>>
Many muscles in the head taste great, its perfectly reasonable thing to eat if you have some around.
>>
looks tasty. Gotta work with what you have. nothing can be wasted.
>>
>>8978217
>Their actual traditional food still remains Neolithic.

I don't really thing that's any different than other cuisines. The whole point of calling a food "traditional" is to convey that it *hasn't* changed and is still made in the old-fashioned way.
>>
>>8978217
you seem to forget that the noma style of gastronomy is deeply rooted in the local produce and use of unconventional parts of the animal.
the traditional dishes alone are not enough as a base to judge a countrys food.
Its same as saying england has bad food just because it used to have a notoriously bad reputation
>>
>>8978389
My point with Noma and the whole "modern nordic" theme was that they are an active counter-reaction the ideas of the stereotypical old, bland dishes. In other words the whole movement is a counter-example to anon's point about there not being any innovation in nordic cuisine.

And yes, they are big on the concept of local foraging. But they are also big on introducing new techniques to get new flavors from those ingredients. I remember seeing Mind of a Chef demonstrate how they were using ferments and aging to generate flavors like that from Katsuobushi or soy sauce, for example. They are pushing the envelope with tech that's for sure.
>>
>>8978194
>>8978150
>>8978226
Honestly, face meat is usually the best meat. Tender, fatty, full of flavor. Better to eat it than let it go to waste.
>>
File: DSC05440.jpg (88KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05440.jpg
88KB, 1024x576px
This is danish. What's not to like?
>>
>>8978648
Sausage looks good.
bun looks like shit
condiments look rather meh

I've been to Denmark many times. I recall seeing those super-long bright red sausages being the most common thing.
>>
I have no problem with them from the moment they got salt. Freshly salted fish salads and sandwiches, I love that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.