[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CAWFEE/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 81

File: cowfee.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cowfee.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
Another round of the eternal coffee general!
Old thread: >>8939743

What memes have you fallen for today?
>>
bought a moka pot today, having only ever made drip coffee before
I expected the first batch to be shitty since I'd never done it before, but it was the best coffee I've had in months
>>
I had a latte today and I hated it.
>>
>>8976045
Cappuccino is better.
>>
>>8975982
Had Turkish coffee for the first time last week. It was like a thicker espresso but not great.
>>
>>8976033
I had a moka pot once and I tried 6 or 7 times to make a decent cup but it came out all weird and burnt every time.
Basically, I would only use it to make cafe au lait, and then I stored it for 2 weeks, forgetting to take out the puck of spent grounds and it grew mold and moth maggots which I couldn't wash out, so I threw it out.
>>
>>8976100
from what I hear, that burnt taste is caused by not removing it from heat and cooling it down as soon as it starts to gurgle - since at that point, >100C steam is being forced through the grounds
>>
Hello /ck/ basically I have quite the predicament. My mother likes using K-Cups at work and so she wants to get a K-Cup machine for home to use. Her birthday is coming up so I decided I would get her one. First of all, which would be best? She wants to be able to fillup those tall coffee containers people have to keep liquids warm. We aren't heavy coffee consumers in general though and it is a small household.

On top of that, I myself am interested in making coffee but more of as a hobby. I would like to have as much control over the coffee creation as reasonable cost wise. Is there anyway I can combine those interests into one machine? In other words, are there machines out there that can process the K-Cups, but also allow me to customize and have more control over how I make the coffee? I don't know much about coffee makers, but I hear espresso machines are the ones where you can really control things like pressure, temperature, foam, etc.. That seems like the most fun to me. I want to make a cup of coffee that requires more than putting A into B and then pressing the C button and waiting for it to be done.

Like I said it would be for hobby purposes so I would love for it to be something I can study on my own and try out various methods for. If possible having a single machine would be more cost efficient.
>>
>>8976392
I don't think any sort of combination keurig machine exists, but moreover I don't think you'd want one.
All the fun parts of making coffee as a hobby need individual, purpose-built implements. Not a lot of overlap with a k-cup machine.
Proper espresso machines are very expensive, but espresso is only one coffee preparation and you won't miss out on too much by not buying one. If you want to control different variables (water temperature, grind size, milk texture, etc) then you'll want to buy the corresponding devices (an electric kettle, a good grinder, some sort of cheap milk-frothing wand). Once you've got that stuff you can apply it to various different coffee preparations which are good and more reasonably-priced than full-on espresso, like moka pot or french press or aeropress or pour-over.
Overall, expect to buy multiple separate machines, not just one do-it-all. That's part of the fun, too!
>>
>>8976417
Thanks anon I'll keep that in mind. So for now if I'm just buying a K-Cup machine for our house, what is the best model? I want one that allows for reuseable K-Cups as I have no intention to actually buy K-Cups myself. I would rather grind the beans and just add them to a custom cup and use that. Will coffee done that way even taste good?

I've heard about the Aeropress. It and the Chemex seem very interesting to me. I'm not good with acidic foods. What are the best machines/methods for coffee preparation that lead to low acid? I've heard Cold Brew is, but we already have a French Press so I can make that already. I want a nice warm cup of joe anyway.
>>
>>8976439
I'd be surprised if anyone's familiar enough with keurig machines to recommend one, since they don't mesh very well with coffee preparation as a hobby. For what it's worth I doubt they differ very much; I've used a proper keurig and an off-brand knockoff and didn't notice any difference.

Don't know hardly a thing about acid content of coffee, but I can read you this excerpt from the instructions of an aeropress I just bought: "aeropress brew has one fifth the acid level of drip brew and one ninth the acid level of french press brew."
>>
>>8976439
Aeropress is legit and is close to a mokapot for me, but you can only do one serving at a time. That's why I decided to fall the P3 meme.
For anyone who tried it, do I have to use any special filters for it? Is it better than a regular French Press aside from nogrit? The difference between the P3 and the P5 is just plastic vs metal trims right?
>>
>>8976450
Wow that is far less acidic levels if that excerpt is to be believed! Thanks for the headsup. Also yeah I would imagine no one here would be familiar with K-Cup machiens since it is basically like an instant coffee sort of thing.
>>
What manual grinder do you guys recommend?
>>
>>8976566
only ever used one so I can't really make a recommendation, but I can say that I'm fully satisfied with my hario skerton
>>
>>8976566
i feel like going all manual with my setup, but I use 20g of grounds every morning, that'd probably take 10 whole minutes.
>>
forgive me /CAWFEE/ for I have sinned
today I went to 7-11 for my cup of joe
a-am I beyond redemption?
>>
>>8976709
McDonalds coffee I think is actually pretty decent, but 7-11 is trash
>>
>>8976709
Sometimes I'll go to in n out and ask for coffee when they open.
They never have coffee available so they have to brew a whole container pot just for me, and I bet the rest goes to waste.

They always ask if I want an order of fries with my coffee, why the fuck
>>
File: plantation[1].jpg (73KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
plantation[1].jpg
73KB, 448x336px
What is the best country for coffee, and why is it Costa Rica?
>>
File: moka.gif (907KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
moka.gif
907KB, 500x500px
>>8975982
because coffee beans are so expensive I come up with ingenious way to save money and enjoy great tasting cup of coffee, here is what I do anons.
I reuse coffee grounds from previous day in my moka pot, but because they have all the caffeine removed from previous brewing I mix them with big tablespoon of instant coffee and brew it in my moka pot.
that way I'm experiencing the moka pot brewing ambiance and real taste of caffeine
>>
Why do some people think that anything other than black coffee is bad?
>>
>>8976045
most likely because you went to a shit chain coffee shop who can't coffee to save their fucking life
>>
>>8976965
racism
>>
>>8976965
there's coffee and then there's dessert drinks.
too many people think drinking a literal milkshake for breakfast every morning is perfectly acceptable because it's just coffee!
>>
>>8976965

most people I know use milk/cream and sugar. I think black coffee fags are just a very vocal minority.

Oh, and I also prefer black coffee. I drink it for the caffeine, not for sweet taste and added calories.
>>
>>8975982
>had 2 cups of coffee earlier
>cannot sleep
>>
>>8976970
What is a good latte supposed to taste like?
>>
File: IMG_20170526_065313.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170526_065313.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Good morning /cawffee/
>>
>>8977014
Hi 1%-ter MacBook pro coffee nut
>>
>>8977024
Hi
>>
>>8976994
great post anon, who would've ever expected this plot turn
>>
>>8977014
hello, you meme loving fuck
>>
>>8976920
What beans are you using that made you do this
>>
>>8977001
depends on the beans used. the milk is just a platform for the beans afterall. traditional italian espresso roast will be a coffee that's rich and deep, with hints of dark chocolate and caramel. third wave or north west pacific espresso roasts will be lighter in comparison, with more acidity and have fruity or flowery hints in addition to a natural sweetness to it. the texture of the milk is also important, as properly steamed milk will be sweet without added sugar and have a volume or mouthfeel to it that is essential for properly carrying the coffee. and it's important that the milk is not oversteamed (or burned) as that will ruin the flavor
>>
>>8977136
>espresso roast
>>
Is there any kind of pastebin with recommended beans and products?
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Single-Serve-Multi-Serve-Tumbler-CF112/dp/B01KA7VWXQ/?tag=aboutcom02thespruce-20

What do you guys think of this product? I'm the anon from before asking for a good one for customizing. What makes this special or is it just a basic drip machine with a frother attachment?
>>
>>8977181
that doesn't make coffee. that's just another useless plastic consumer contraption (aka waste of counterspace).
>>
>>8977189
How so? Don't you just put grounded up beans into it? Are all these sorts of machines just ways to milk people who don't just buy a frother and something like French Press/Aeropress?
>>
File: 20170526_125621-1.jpg (713KB, 2436x2053px) Image search: [Google]
20170526_125621-1.jpg
713KB, 2436x2053px
post your comfy coffee cups /ck/
>>
Gonna start grinding my coffee now right now. Dark roast, coarse grind for french press. I use a mix of arabica and robusta but I don't think robusta is bad as long as the roasting process was OK and you don't mix 50 parts robusta to 1 part arabica.
>>
>>8977584

Nice. Is it 300 ml? Are you drinking french press light coffee? I brew something stronger and get a small cup since 300 ml of strong coffee is too much.
>>
File: IMG_20170526_050916.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170526_050916.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>8977584
>>
>>8977608
I'm actually a filterfag looking to upgrade to a mocka soon. I tend to make about 2-3 cups for each session with about the same amount of spoons of ground coffee
>>
>>8976965
I drink pretty much only black, but occasionally, I'll add some milk.

I just get annoyed when people whine about how bitter and nasty it is. The acidity is much worse than the bitterness in my opinion, but the right blend is what matters most. I want to taste the coffee, not sugar and cream, as wellas whatever other junk is being thrown in.
>>
>>8977626
My last roommate had a moka and sometimes I miss the strong cowboy coffee from it. I used shitty ground and it tasted pure bitterness.

Now I'm making light french press brew because I like the aftertaste.

I don't know how to do filter properly. It always come too strong and bland at the same time.
>>
>>8977657
yeah the blandness is what's gotten me into wanting to try getting into mocka. Never understood what's so special about french press, but I tend to drink it very rarely since I don't own one myself and only get treated to it by friends. It's the control you get with the mocka that appeals to me
>>
File: IMG_20170526_222401.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170526_222401.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>8977584
I love this little mug.
>>
>>8977679
You get far more control with a french press
>>
>>8976100
this, moka pot burns the shit out of a decent cup even at very low heat
>>
>>8976709
tryhard
>>
>>8977764
Sounds like you're doing it wrong
>>
>>8977761
agreed, with traditional design french piss coffee press you can control if your coffee is shitty or less shitty, especially if you leave your brewed coffee in it so it still extracting all that time.

picture related is my french piss carafe that was used in the past to brew coffee, not any more, well in a way it is but the coffee was extracted from my body via urinating track.
>>
>>8977136
mine tasted like coffee with skim milk dumped in it

i actually tried it out and it tasted identical except for the foamy milk stuff which was flavorless
>>
File: coffin_mate.jpg (84KB, 539x768px) Image search: [Google]
coffin_mate.jpg
84KB, 539x768px
>>8978341
try this
works like a charm
>>
>>8978141

I agree with him. Brewed with moka for months last year but it is a tool for the man who likes burnt coffee. Not saying this is bad, I enjoy the contrast between french piss and strong cowboy coffee from moka. Don't buuy a moka expecting it to work like a expresso machine.
Also don't use expensive beans on moka because it destroys a lot of the flavor. I brew french piss using my nice beans and shitty pre grounded coffee for moka.
>>
>>8978341
congratulations you bought a "latte" made out of a fucking glorified vending machine. i.e. a shitty consumer grade "superautomatic" that doesn't use real espresso, and doesn't use real milk. let me guess, you went to tim hortons right? next time stop going to shitty chains LOL
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (250KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
250KB, 900x948px
>>8978394
>>
>>8978385
many guys are using shitty Robusta beans (dark roast) expecting great tasting coffee, no matter if you use moka pot or french piss press coffee will taste like shits because you are using shitty coffee beans to start with.
maybe approach from this point and you will find that moka pot is not burning your coffee but is extracting better, more flavor from it, but if you don't like that rich taste that's fine.
how moka can burn your coffee if the water is rushing through for few seconds and in french piss coffee sits for up to 4-5 minutes.
OK I know water is hotter in moka pot than in french piss but water is hot or even bit hotter in proper espresso machine and is not burning coffee but extracting differently considering that for espresso machine
and for moka pot you are using finer grounded coffee and for french piss courser grind.
>>
>>8978402
not even dude. this is on the same level as debunking someone who insists sushi sucks and is overrated because they went to a fucking all you can eat sushi bar at a $10 chinese food buffet. this is just straight up, no shit sherlock - you paid for and got low grade shit, what were you expecting?
>>
>>8978408
I believe that french uses water at <90ºC while moka can put water around 100ºC and maybe you have some exponential relationship there so those 10ºC can burn something in the coffee. My roommate used medium roast expensive coffee in moka. Tried it once then just gave up on the idea of using good beans in a moka. Grounded coffee can't be used for decent pour over nor french piss but works well for moka. So it is smart to save the good beans for french and pour over then use cheap coffee on moka because you won't get a much better cup if using better beans, just a waste of money.
>>
>>8978408
Can't say much about expresso because I still need to find some paper or book to read explaining how it works. I've been reading about industrial roasting.
>>
>>8978402
He's right though. Go to a real coffee place.
>>
File: java-monster.jpg (28KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
java-monster.jpg
28KB, 324x500px
>>8975982
>>
>>8978549
Not real coffee
>>
File: DSC_0155.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0155.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
>>8977584
got it for around $5
Been with me for four years now and it still looks pretty alright
>>
File: np335i.jpg (759KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
np335i.jpg
759KB, 2448x3264px
>>8977584
>>
>>8977014
install gentoo
>>
File: coffeetism.jpg (548KB, 2829x1590px) Image search: [Google]
coffeetism.jpg
548KB, 2829x1590px
Who here espresso autist?
>>
>>8979031
Hopefully one day. For now Chemex will suffice.Mind explaining what some of these nifty gadgets do?
>>
>>8979031

I want to be able to buy one in 15 years. I've been slowly building a kitchen as I learn more and more about food.
>>
>>8979031
What's that on the left? I can't tell from the angle, but am intrigued.
>>
>>8979031
Hi

Are you making meth?
>>
>>8979475
a potholder
>>
>>8978895
good taste, anon
mine's in the mail
>>
>>8979505
the metal, manual espresso machine looking thing
>>
File: bidet2-.jpg (81KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
bidet2-.jpg
81KB, 800x600px
>>8979031
Hey, it's you again,I remember exchanging couple of posts with you and your insane coffee set-up,(very impressive, including "Coffee Log Book") and picture of that covered with white lid bidet on the right, that few anons were asking about.

wikiHow to Use a Bidet
http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Bidet

Must be nice sitting on a fancy bidet sipping on an espresso made with fancy (1%-nter's)type of devices. kek
>>
>>8980306
Are you supposed to wipe your ass with a towel after using a bidet?
Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose?

Can you achieve a prostate orgasm from using a bidet?
>>
File: 1494781223192.jpg (67KB, 536x632px) Image search: [Google]
1494781223192.jpg
67KB, 536x632px
>>8975982
I have a Keurig am I am meme?
>>
>>8980311
>Are you supposed to wipe your ass with a towel after using a bidet?
>Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose?
>Can you achieve a prostate orgasm from using a bidet?
DAILY REMINDER ! ! !

This is A COFFEE thread,unless you can intelligently (or not) tie up brewing and drinking coffee with the use of a bidet your posts will be considered as coffee or bidet hate posts.
>>
>>8980315
Sometimes I like to make coffee after experiencing a prostate orgasm, does that count?

Answer my questions.
>>
>>8977584
>post your comfy coffee cups /ck/

>>8980306
>Must be nice sitting on a fancy bidet sipping on an espresso made with fancy (1%-nter's)type of devices. kek
>>
>>8976965

Milk and sugar is overkill, i've seen it described as NYC so you can probably blame them for popularizing both.

Milk is a pretty standard thing to go with coffee thougfh, you dont need much if its fatty enough just enough to turn the colour to delicious brown and make it thicker.
>>
>>8980306
>>8980311
>>8980315
>this thread's fucked
>>
DAILY REMINDER ! ! !

C OFF EE

O
F
F

E
E
>>
>>8980355
shut up, I bet you're the mycotoxin autist
>>
File: Use-a-Bidet-Step-5-Version-3.jpg (82KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Use-a-Bidet-Step-5-Version-3.jpg
82KB, 1024x768px
>>8980306

I have a question
Can you brew coffee in your bidet since it has hot water line, to use it like a'french p'ress s'tyle c'offee m'aker '?, 'oui?
>>
File: Majestic Cool Coffee Mugs .jpg (265KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Majestic Cool Coffee Mugs .jpg
265KB, 1024x1024px
>>8977584
>>
File: Japan-coffee.png (677KB, 962x768px) Image search: [Google]
Japan-coffee.png
677KB, 962x768px
DAILY REMINDER ! ! !

T
H
I
S

I
S

POSSIBLE
O
S
S
I
B
L
E
>>
File: 0_.jpg (137KB, 1500x1291px) Image search: [Google]
0_.jpg
137KB, 1500x1291px
I'm not sure what it is about this pourover coffee thing I bought, but I don't like it so far. It's been about a week, so in addition to the thorough scrubbing I gave it initially, it's been washed several times. I don't know if it's a "new plastic" taste, but it hasn't improved at all.

It shouldn't taste different from my usual coffee (made in a drip machine, also with a plastic filter holder). Same coffee, same grind.

It's weird. Anyone else own one of these?
>>
>>8980388
the fuck? I tried using one of these in Argentina and got water all over the fucking place. Let me ask you a question: are you supposed to dry your butt afterwards, or walk around with swampy butt cheeks? And if you're supposed to dry off, why not just use paper in the first place and cut out the bidet? pretty stupid if you ask me.
>>
>>8980464
Shoulda just got a v60 and been done with it
>>
https://www.baratza.com/sette-30-release-postponed/

Top kek
>>
File: Elon Musk-has wrong vision .jpg (99KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Elon Musk-has wrong vision .jpg
99KB, 1024x576px
>>8980501
This senseless search for an ideal coffee grinder is in my opinion so very misguided by the false perception that there is a such a thing as possibility of having every single crumb of grounded coffee of the same perfect exact size.
WHEN YOU PEOPLE WILL REALIZE THAT THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE
because you are grinding an oval object, so there always will be different size particles, and that stupid nonsense that this nano size difference spoils your fucking coffee is absolutely false and fucking insane.

instead wasting time and resources on developing this fucking utopian perfect coffee grinder think how to clean all that pollution all that fucking plastic floating in the oceans.

ELON MUSK you fucking idiot instead of pouring money into space travel to fucking MARS to pollute there as well why don't you use your wealth and influence to deal with all that garbage waste islands floating all over this Planet's oceans
and fucking garbage landfills, it's a fucking disgrace that we having so much brain power and technology have as a priority space travel instead of dealing properly and efficiently with our garbage junk.
>>
>>8980464
>passing boiling water through plastic
enjoy your estrogens
>>
how late is too late for a cup
>>
>>8980583
Even if we clean up, we still can't stay here forever. Eventually there will be a need to leave, and now's as good a time as any to start figuring it out.
>>
>>8980610
>>
>>8980623
>and now's as good a time as any to start figuring it out.
WRONG!
First figure out how to efficiently deal with your garbage and all other toxic pollution, implement that technology here on Earth and only after that go to other planets, but no, we will go there and pollute the shit out of them
same as those assholes mountain climbers do it leaving tons of fucking garbage on those pristine mountains.
Fucking retards
>>
>>8979081
Sure! Most important to my setupsare the CT1 espresso machine on the left of the table and the EG-1 grinder on the right of it. I'm happy to share more on anything pictured if you have questions.

>>8979475
>>8979524
Strietman CT1 lever machine.

>>8979479
Yes, but no equipment pictured. That's in the basement. (jk if any dea agents browse /ck/)

>>8980306
No, the bidet is /under/ the Miata hardtop pictured on the right.
>>
File: great-coffee-mug.jpg (254KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
great-coffee-mug.jpg
254KB, 768x768px
>>8977584
>post your comfy coffee cups /ck/
I have coffee mug exactly like hers
>>
File: bag of idiots left open.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bag of idiots left open.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>8980683
I see we are dealing with,,,
>>
>>8980683
>yes let's shit it up really bad now because in few million years it might be over
>>
File: coffeestation.jpg (729KB, 1624x700px) Image search: [Google]
coffeestation.jpg
729KB, 1624x700px
Fresh beans for my new lido
>>
I'm using those cheap cylindrical hand burr grinders. The results are okay but it takes me 3 minutes to fully grind 2tbsp of beans. Is this slow or is this fine?
>>
>>8981104
That's normal. Cheap hand burr grinders are slow. Depending on your brew method, you could possibly coarsen up your grind a bit to make it faster.
>>
>>8981112
Will I get noticeable speed gains if I get a better one? Also 3 minutes is for fine grounds
>>
>having my first sip of the day right now
>>
>>8981115
Yes, at the same grind size (for FP), my Hario Skerton took 2:15 for 25g, while the LIDO 3 takes 30 seconds. It's also much easier to turn
>>
>>8981132
>$180
I could get a decent automatic burr for that but thanks bby
>>
>>8981139
no you can't. you'd need to spend $500+ for a grinder that can match the precision and consistency. $180 will buy you a piece of shit.
>>
>>8981147
b-but >>8980583
I'll consider the lido 3 tho, I'd like to be able to grind without electricity
>>
I remember being some kind of site that explained coffee for idiots. It talked about how fresh coffee only exists for >=1-2 day old beans etc. Anybody know what I'm talking about? I can't find the site again now that I need it.
>>
>>8981200
freeze your beans my nigga
>>
Didn't finish reading through thread do sorry if this has been said but take a tablespoon of local honey (on the spoon) and stir it into a hot cup of your coffee, when I do this I don't add cream (or sugar obviously) but it helps with my allergies and feels a little lighter to me.
>>
>>8981308
add ginger to coffee
or cinnamon
Or both. My go-to when I'm sick/feeling about to get sick
>>
>>8981314
I like the idea and had never thought of that, both ginger and cinnamon are antioxidants right? Plus being a warm drink that'd be great when your cold.
>>
>>8981318
Yes. I'm thinking of putting in smashed garlic in there too but I'm not a bad enough dude to do that
>>
>>8981314
Gonna try to make a spiced coffee now but I wanna give it some actual health benefits. I'm thinking I should cook down a little bit of very dark chocolate, all spice, cinnamon, possibly ground coriander for a little bit more spice, and then honey for a little sweetness. Thoughts anyone?
>>
>>8976965
Milk and sugar is alright for bottom of the barrel Folgers trash, but shell out a little more for good coffee and you'll find that black coffee can actually have a pleasant taste that doesn't need to be covered up with additives. It's like the difference between Bud/Miller and actually tasty beers.
>>
>>8975982
>just found out there is a coffee stackexchange site
LOL BYE FOREVER
>>
>>8977014
i use the same headphones, usually spend a while jamming out to music when I have coffee
>>
>>8978784
does it taste metallic?
>>
>>8981454
it tastes like Alzheimers
>>
>>8981454
I've sipped exclusively from this mug since I got it except when I'm not at home and there's no difference in taste.
>>
>>8975982
freezing beans before grinding them.
>>
>>8981580
I was literally about to put my unopened kirkland bags into the freezer. Should I just keep them in my pantry?
>>
>>8981112
>you could possibly coarsen up your grind a bit to make it faster.
Or you can use whole beans to make it really fast
>>
>>8978549
Loco moca or gtfo
>>
>>8981147
>no you can't. you'd need to spend $500+ for a grinder that can match the precision and consistency. $180 will buy you a piece of shit.
Here we go again.Nonsense based on nano particles size differences.
>>8980583
>This senseless search for an ideal coffee grinder is in my opinion so very misguided by the false perception that there is a such a thing as possibility of having every single crumb of grounded coffee of the same perfect exact size.
>WHEN YOU PEOPLE WILL REALIZE THAT THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE
>because you are grinding an oval object, so there always will be different size particles, and that stupid nonsense that this nano size difference spoils your fucking coffee is absolutely false and fucking insane.
>>
>>8981200
>coffee for idiots.com
>Anybody know what I'm talking about? I can't find the site again now that I need it.
>coffee for idiots.com
>>
>>8981314
>add ginger to coffee
>or cinnamon
>Or both. My go-to when I'm sick/feeling about to get sick
I love adding black pepper to my coffee, I'm mixing around a pinch of fine ground black pepper to freshly grounded beans in my moka pot.
Gives very nice kick to coffee
>>
>>8981694
>not grinding whole peppercorns with your beans
>>
File: Garlic Powder.jpg (61KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Garlic Powder.jpg
61KB, 768x768px
>>8981323
>Yes. I'm thinking of putting in smashed garlic in there too but I'm not a bad enough dude to do that
you can use powdered garlic anon
>>
>>8981661
What grinder do you use
>>
>>8981701
>>not grinding whole peppercorns with your beans
no I grind them with my dedicated pepper manual grinder because it grinds finer than my coffee
black pepper gives not only nice flavor kick but is also healthy

What Is Black Pepper Good For?
http://foodfacts.mercola.com/black-pepper.html

Black pepper.
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=74

9 Amazing Benefits Of Black Pepper.
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/herbs-and-spices/health-benefits-of-black-pepper.html
>>
>>8981718
>What grinder do you use
nothing special at all, I have two of them
first one is this old model electric, Braun
>>
File: Melitta_Molino_grinder_800x.png (191KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
Melitta_Molino_grinder_800x.png
191KB, 500x550px
>>8981718
>What grinder do you use
>>8981725
second model is bit newer, Melitta Molino

I really think this grinder Holy Grail search is insane and silly, no need to drop $500 on it, (if you have tons of cash yes go for it), but I highly doubt it that you are improving your coffee taste in 10 fold magnitude compared to $50 grinder.
Of course coffee grinder manufacturers will drive you to insanity telling you that it's the most important thing in your coffee making gear.
It's important but not to such insane extend that you need $500, $180 will buy you a very freaking nice machine, don't listen to mental insanity coffee freaks.
>>8981147
>no you can't. you'd need to spend $500+ for a grinder that can match the precision and consistency. $180 will buy you a piece of shit.
>>
File: tumblr_n3pq2s4qHF1s3iup1o1_500.gif (999KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3pq2s4qHF1s3iup1o1_500.gif
999KB, 500x428px
>>8981147
It's important but not to such insane extend that you need $500, $180 will buy you a very freaking nice machine, don't listen to mental insanity coffee freaks.

picture very fucking related
>>
>>8981723

>normalises 3 humours

Is this the year of our Lord, 1400?
>>
>>8981096
I don't understand why Orphan Espresso LIDO 3 Hand Grinder can not make electric version.
It's just a question of attaching electric motor to it, (keep all the other proved performance components) and attach small electric motor to it. And charge $500 for it
>>
>>8978549
Death by Monster.
https://www.caffeineinformer.com/a-real-life-death-by-caffeine

Death by Monster
1. A tragic fatality occurred in the US in 2011 after a 14-year-old girl consumed two 24 ounce cans of Monster (480mg caffeine) before going into cardiac arrest.

2. In 2013, a mother filed a lawsuit against Monster for the death of her 19-year-old son. He consumed 3 Monsters in the 24 hours prior to his death and about 2 to 3 a day for the last 3 years.
Three 16 oz. Monsters would contain 480 milligrams of caffeine.

3. In 2015 a 19-year-old man reportedly drank 3 1/2 twenty-four fluid ounce Monsters and then played basketball.
He collapsed while playing and died at the hospital. His father is now suing Monster (January 2017) for unspecified damages.
This young man would have consumed 840 mg of caffeine in short period of time. The cause of death was cardiac arrhythmia which was triggered by the excessive caffeine and vigorous exercise.
>>
File: real-deaths-by-caffeine.jpg (28KB, 550x292px) Image search: [Google]
real-deaths-by-caffeine.jpg
28KB, 550x292px
>>8975982
Documented Deaths By Caffeine.
https://www.caffeineinformer.com/a-real-life-death-by-caffeine
>>
>>8981787
>>8981792
>be a retard
>strain out your heart by doing three monsters a day for three years straight
>be surprised you're at higher risk of heart problems esp. when you exercise
>>
>>8981756
That grinder is absolute garbage.

You can get a good grinder for $100ish with a Feldgrind, and nothing beats that, and no electric even comes close to it, until the $500-$600 mark.
>>
>>8981813
>That grinder is absolute garbage
it's your misguided perception.
That grinder serves me very nicely, but you see I'm not a freak who is sweating that some of my coffee grinds are two or three nano particles smaller or bigger than the rest of them.
As I said here,
>>8980583
>This senseless search for an ideal coffee grinder is in my opinion so very misguided by the false perception that there is a such a thing as possibility of having every single crumb of grounded coffee of the same perfect exact size.
>WHEN YOU PEOPLE WILL REALIZE THAT THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE
>because you are grinding an oval object, so there always will be different size particles, and that stupid nonsense that this nano size difference spoils your fucking coffee is absolutely false and fucking insane.
nano particles smaller than the rest of them.

>because you are grinding an oval object,

but I actually like this much older Braun model >>8981725, better than Melitta
>>
>>8981836
No, it's garbage. Objectively. You NEED to have your best tasting extraction at the 23%exty or higher mark or it's garbage.
>>
>>8981836
We get it, bro. You're content with your shit and that's OK. No need to sperg out for an entire goddamn thread with your "revelation"
>>
>>8981853
>a whole thread of autism
>calls someone a sperg

Kettle, meet black
>>
>>8981863
>get trolled
>resort to spamming out of tears and salt
>call everyone else autistic when people laugh at your analsoreness
>>
>>8976566
lido 2/3/e or feldgrind/hausgrind are the floor for decent grinders
>>8976590
20g isn't that much coffee, but nicer hand grinders go a lot faster than cheap ones
>>
File: Untitled.png (406KB, 868x504px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
406KB, 868x504px
>>8975982
CAW CAW TOOKY TOOKY caCAW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWXRX1UsSyw
>>
File: IMG_0620.jpg (161KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0620.jpg
161KB, 640x637px
Who brewing Geisha today?

>Also to the guy from the last thread asking about the Third Wave Water I use, my entire house is all reverse osmosis and I find it a hassle buying the minerals to remineralize the water. Thus I'll just buy a galloon jug and just put in a satchel that'll last me a while.
>>
>>8981869
What this guy said.

>I have a Lido E-T and can pull a pretty solid shot of espresso from it. Personally its pretty on par with a Baratza Vario or Rocky in terms of grind consistency.

20g of coffee probably takes 20 secs tops in my lido
>>
>>8981853
>No need to sperg out for an entire goddamn thread with your "revelation"
Same for you, no need to spreg out an entire thread with your "revelation" that $500 is the magic number that will get you descent coffee grinder and anything under $500 is pure garbage. Total insane bullshit.

>faggot got sucked into mass hysteria and paid $500 for his coffee grinder
>faggot realized that $180 coffee grinder is as good
>now faggot is steaming with rage defending his stupid decision to pay $500
>faggot is measuring each coffee grinds with nano particle microscope to make sure that his $500 coffee grinder is properly calibrated
>faggot is superior because he has $500 coffee grinder
>faggot is dumping on other anon who is planing to buy $180 coffee grinder
>CONCLUSION: faggot is insecure in his $500 purchase and while not grinding coffee faggot is fapping to his $500 coffee grinder and blowing him kisses from across the kitchen countertop
>faggot takes his $500 coffee grinder to bed with him and puts that $500 grinder on a pillow next to him and covers with plush little silk blanket
>>
>>8981756
>but I highly doubt it that you are improving your coffee taste in 10 fold magnitude compared to $50 grinder.

that's because you have shit taste. may as well drink instant, you pleb.
>>
>>8981887
Uh, I'm not the guy that said that. Either way, that guy made one post and you've quoted that one post THREE separate times, ya weirdo
>>
>>8981903
poor fags gottta poor
>>
>>8981887
Honestly, once you get past $30, it doesn't matter how much your fancy grinder cost, you paid too much.
The $180 faggot is just as bad as the $500 grinder faggot.
>>
>>8981891
>that's because you have shit taste. may as well drink instant, you pleb.
No I don't have shitty taste, I have common sense, and I did some testing with few other more expensive coffee grinders and the results are very very negligible to justify paying $500 for illusive coffee grinder
when $100 or $180 will do just as fine job and my Melitta or Braun are not that far behind in grinding coffee that you would not be able to tell the difference if $100 or $180 or $500 coffee grinder was used.
That's how brainwashed you are at this point.

You got sucked into mass hysteria and now you are stuck in this nano-particle coffee size difference nonsense
>>
>>8981912
KEK
>>
>>8981927
are you fucking stupid? $500 grinders are for fucking espresso. ALL expensive coffee gear is aimed at espresso, including $2000 home espresso machines. You can't grind espresso for shit with a piece of shit Melitta or Braun you dumb negro. Stop being such a fucking butthurt poorfag pleb.
>>
Is espresso the worst thing to happen to coffee?
All espresso drinks are 90% milk and espresso is basically undrinkable by itself.
And all the equipment is hella expensive if you want it to taste """good""".
>>
File: IMG_2839.jpg (22KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2839.jpg
22KB, 324x450px
Anyone here /hario/? I just got myself a skerton.
Do you have the upgrade for it? Was it worth it?
How do you configure it? I just take a few beans and compare it to a chart for what I'm looking for, is there an easier way?
>>
>>8981945
>You can't grind espresso for shit with a piece of shit Melitta or Braun
WRONG AGAIN
Ido it very often and no problems.
I took my >>8981725 old Brown grinder to a friends place who has almost $300 grinder and we did blind tests making espresso with both and you can not tell the difference.
It's all marketing gimmicks to suck money from naive faggots.
Yes the more expensive coffee grinders have better parts, more elaborate designs,they are better machines,they will last longer, but the final result of grounded coffee is of not significant improvement to make toyr cup of espresso taste better.
Quality of your espresso machine will improve your cup of coffee,yes!, but coffee grinder is very negligible and claiming that $100 or $180 grinder will grind coffee very poorly and coffee will taste like pure shit because $500 is so much better is plain stupid insanity.
>>
>>8981975
>Ido it very often and no problems.

Like I said, SHIT TASTE. Poorfags gonna poor.
>>
>>8981963
Very good observation.
That's why they add sugar to their espresso to cover up that shitty bitter sour taste and then they rave how great their $2000 home espresso machine is especially when paired with $500 coffee grinder.
>>
>>8981882
>I find it a hassle buying the minerals to remineralize the water
why, you put in around the same amount of effort and orders of magnitude more money towards getting prepackaged stuff, and you don't even get the possibility of varying stuff to your taste/the particular coffee
most of the shit can be got from the supermarket alongside that jug
>>
>>8981980
>faggot will defend his decision to pay $500 for coffee grinder no matter what evidence is provided
>faggot is closed-minded
>faggot with his $500 coffee grinder has SHIT TASTE compared to next faggot who has $1000 coffee grinder.Fact.
>>
>>8981975
have you considered that it's just your palate?
I've done double blind tastings before with low and high end grinders before and could tell the difference, and I'm fairly sure most shops would do the same before, say, dropping $2k on a ek43
>>
>>8977181
Hm anon... you seem to be having trouble figuring this out. Coffee will have no one machine that with make everything customizable.
You have different brewing methods that bring out different flavors. Choose one machine that you like. You said you dislike acidic? Maybe not an immersion brewer then. Other ones you will find much less acidic taste
Next you will find the way you like your coffee ground. Different grinds being out different flavors, coarse grounds being more hard and fine grounds being very different and flavorful.
Then you find the way you like your coffee roasted. Dark, light, local? Imported? The beans are most of the flavor and customizable options anon. Maybe get a coffee supscription till you find out what you like? Some will pucker your mouth, some will taste like chocolate and fruits.
Also getting a kettle is important. Controlling the temperature will bring out vastly different flavors from the same beans.
It's complicated anon, but we can only help you so much! People even are picky about the water they use! Take it slow. If you want that machine you spoke about I recommend the kerig( or whatever it's called) in the 2.0 version. It's a start. It's a very rewarding hobby. I know it's sounds daunting but it's really fun to expirement and find new flavors!
>>
File: coffee makes me poop.jpg (122KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
coffee makes me poop.jpg
122KB, 1024x768px
>>8981996
>>
>>8982000
>People even are picky about the water they use!
there is anon-freak here who claims that you must have this elaborate $200 weight scale to perfectly measure your water otherwise you are doing all wrong.So
>>
>>8982000
>It's a very rewarding hobby.
not if you get under $500 coffee grinder
$500 coffee grinder will propel you into the real hobby class, under $500 you are just a pleb
>>
File: you're a nut.jpg (47KB, 595x353px) Image search: [Google]
you're a nut.jpg
47KB, 595x353px
>>8982001
pic related
>>8982013
no one says that, some people have expensive scales as a quality of life thing (waterproof and quick-response, built-in timers, etc), but no one claims they're essential, you can get a $15 scale from amazon with .1g accuracy
this thread is becoming very antagonistic for no reason
>>
>>8982013
>this shit again
It's a cheap digital scale from amazon, stop making things up because you're afraid of trying
>>
>he uses a scale
i bet you have a $100 temperature control kettle too, you tosser
>>
>>8982031
>this thread is becoming very antagonistic
It's one guy that got set off because a grinder manufacturer decided their new product wasn't ready for the market. I don't get it
>>
>>8982046
>>this thread is becoming very antagonistic
>It's one guy that got set off because a grinder manufacturer decided their new product wasn't ready for the market. I don't get it
OR MAYBE BECAUSE OF THIS FAGGOT SNOB
>>8981147
>>
My grinder cost $10.

Why is every hobby like this?
Even in something like skateboarding, you have zealots who insist you have to spend hundreds on brand name bearings.
>>
File: I hate coffee culture.jpg (107KB, 736x768px) Image search: [Google]
I hate coffee culture.jpg
107KB, 736x768px
>>8982031
>this thread is becoming very antagonistic for no reason
reason is the difference of $320
coffee grinder for $500 minus coffee grinder for $180 = $320
>>
>>8982065
So you make a dozen posts throwing a fit about it?
>>
>>8982077
women are way worst, they insist that you need to spend $5000 on a Louis Vuitton purse to carry your tampons in.
>>
>>8982088
No, I'm expressing my opinion and standing up to idiotic statements.
>>
File: grind distribution.jpg (69KB, 1080x602px) Image search: [Google]
grind distribution.jpg
69KB, 1080x602px
>>8982040
what is wrong with using a scale, it's common sense that the ratio of coffee to water will affect how it tastes and that different amounts/distributions of water will too (e.g. pouring all of your water at once into a pourover cone will, amongst other things, cake coffee up the sides of the filter instead of having a denser area to percolate through), and there's no way to know how much water you're pouring in while you're brewing besides a scale
it's sub $20 and a lot easier and more useful than measuring out the water before boiling
as for kettles, it's just another quality of life thing. it's easier to set something to 200f or whatever than to have a thermometer in your kettle and constantly reheat it
let people care about things
>>8982065
>>8982078
you think particle distribution doesn't matter, and he does. if you read his comment (admittedly charitably) as saying "you need $500+ to match this mechanical grinder's distribution with an electrical one," can you let it go?
he's not even saying you can't get a good grinder for your $180, he's saying there isn't a good electrical one
>>
>>8982102
>he's not even saying you can't get a good grinder for your $180, he's saying there isn't a good electrical one
No you are wrong and twisting facts, here again it is what he/you said;
>>8981147

$180 will buy you a piece of shit.
>>
>>8982102
>if you read his comment (admittedly charitably) as saying "you need $500+ to match this mechanical grinder's distribution with an electrical one," can you let it go?
I read what's written/posted not what anon/poster had in mind.
This is coffee thread not a mind reading thread.
>>
File: 1494976293633.png (143KB, 547x274px) Image search: [Google]
1494976293633.png
143KB, 547x274px
I use a $2 Mr Coffee blade grinder I bought from my local thrift store. :^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
>>
File: grindan.jpg (1019KB, 1573x2609px) Image search: [Google]
grindan.jpg
1019KB, 1573x2609px
>>8982077
>ask innocent question about grind speed>>8981104
>accidentally start a spergout
I can see why a precision grinder would be beneficial for espresso machines, but pic related is $14, and works well with an aeropress. I'm waiting for my P3 meme to arrive any minute now to see how this grinder does for course grinds.
>>
>>8982102
>what is wrong with using a scale,
what's wrong with using volume measuring cup to measure water instead of a scale
what is some water is heavier than other due to salt/minerals content
volume measuring would be much more precise
>>
>>8982143
>I use a $2 Mr Coffee blade grinder I bought from my local thrift store.
and you vape
>pure solid pleb
>>
>>8982151
I was looking at a grinder similar to that one.
Are they all rebrands of the same grinder?
Also, does it have any plastic parts in it?
A lot of people complain about the plastic parts getting ground up with use and depositing plastic into the grind basket at the bottom.
>>
File: 1494269226358.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494269226358.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>8982157
I don't vape. You do, though.
>>
>>8982077
the difference between low-end and middling grinders is pretty big, and if you're making anything other than espresso, it's your only substantial expense (aside from the coffee)
the reason it matters is that coffee extraction/flavor works by surface area, the more that's exposed, the quicker it extracts, and if it over or underextracts, the coffee doesn't taste as "clean" (flavor is muddled, it might taste bitter, etc.) . if your grinder makes uneven grounds, the coffee is going to be worse by most people's standards, because some particles will be smaller than the rest and extract faster, and some will be larger and extract slower, meaning something's going to come out tasting wrong. there's a reason people care, and it isn't just placebo/masturbatory
>>8982138
>>8982129
>you are wrong and twisting facts
no I'm really not. you respond to recommending the lido 3 here >>8981132, a $180 hand grinder, with
>>8981139
>I could get a decent automatic burr
he then says >>8981147
>you'd need to spend $500+ for a grinder that can match the precision and consistency. $180 will buy you a piece of shit
meaning you need $500 for a comparable automatic grinder. there's no other quality for grinders above $20 besides grind distribution/accuracy, they all bash up beans into chunks. what he's saying in that respect is true, something like an encore or capresso infinity or whatever priced below $180 does get you a worse grind. you're reading the "piece of shit" bit without taking into account the reason he's saying it, and that you were deriding him before that. regardless, no one taking is going to be convinced at this point, as shown by them still responding and being mad at you. just let it go, you already made token resistance if that's what you cared about
>>
>>8981988
Kind of hard to fund calcium citrate.

My old concentrate was baking soda and epson salt, but it was blunting the sweetness of the cup, which calcium can bring out. That's why I just said fuck it, ill buy a satchel
>>
>>8982157
>>pure solid pleb
I forgot to add KEK
>>pure solid pleb.KEK
>>
>>8982158
the only plastic I can see is the knob you turn to adjust grind size and the material enclosing the shaft on the inside. I haven't had any plastic problems a month in. I grind 3x a day.
>>
>>8982166
IT'S NOT ME,
this is this $500 coffee grinder faggot
>>8981147
>>
>>8982152
>>what's wrong with using volume measuring cup to measure water instead of a scale
that's fine if you don't have a scale, but if you do something like a pourover with multiple pours, and where the amount of water in them matters (e.g. blooming), there's no way to know how much water you're using mid-pour
>what is some water is heavier than other due to salt/minerals content
some people go to the trouble of combining their own distilled water with minerals, but only for taste reasons, the mass difference is pretty trivial (on sub-gram levels for most brew methods, which most people aren't brewing precisely to anyway)
>>8982171
you can order it online, but that's fair. aren't you afraid of fucking up your kettle with scale though?
>>
File: any time now.jpg (44KB, 1184x340px) Image search: [Google]
any time now.jpg
44KB, 1184x340px
>packages usually arrive between 1pm to 3pm
>last cup was 7 hours ago
>already cleaned aeropress for storage
>>
>>8982176
I bet he vapes coffee that he grinds with his $500 coffee grinder
>>
>>8982189
>there's no way to know how much water you're using mid-pour
Really?
is that so difficult to read the numbers on liquid measuring cup, really?
AND YOU REALLY THINK THAT FEW LESS OR FEW MORE DROPS OF WATER DURING MID-POUR WILL RUIN YOUR COFFEE
like 2 or 3 nano particle sized coffee grounds from $180 coffee grinders will do as well compared to $500 grinder.

You guys are taking this to the same exact insanity level like women (bimbos) who insist to carry their tampons in $5000 Louis Vuitton purse
>>8982089
>>
File: louis-vuitton tampon carry bag.jpg (298KB, 790x1024px) Image search: [Google]
louis-vuitton tampon carry bag.jpg
298KB, 790x1024px
>>8982246
>You guys are taking this to the same exact insanity level like women (bimbos) who insist to carry their tampons in $5000 Louis Vuitton purse
>>
File: kettle.jpg (16KB, 574x574px) Image search: [Google]
kettle.jpg
16KB, 574x574px
>>8982246
>is that so difficult to read the numbers on liquid measuring cup, really?
oh I thought you meant measuring out water before heating in a kettle
pourovers are done with a gooseneck kettle, so you can control where the water goes
>>You guys are taking this to the same exact insanity level like women (bimbos) who insist to carry their tampons in $5000 Louis Vuitton purse
alright have a nice day I'm done
>>
File: DSC_0177.jpg (443KB, 1600x1360px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0177.jpg
443KB, 1600x1360px
I just smash my beans with a rock and use hot tap water that I don't even bother to run for a while, just whatever temperature it comes out as is fine

All you hipsters and your luxury "brewing equipment" are gullible idiots. Don't you know there are starving children in africa?
>>
>>8982261
>alright have a nice day I'm done
post a picture of your purse before you leave,please
>>
File: 3247895345254gd765459875.jpg (196KB, 1024x615px) Image search: [Google]
3247895345254gd765459875.jpg
196KB, 1024x615px
>>8982282
>Don't you know there are starving children in africa?
as a white person i don't give a shit about them anymore
wast majority of them will grow up hating white people, we build water wells for them donate money to buy food for them and they still hate white people
so i say fuck them, let them starve i don't donate anymore money to save their lives
if white people are such bad assholes let Africa fuck herself
>>
>>8982314
>we build
No, rich philanthropists build shit like that. Not you, a NEET who gets jealous of illegal immigrants because you were too lazy to stay in school and get a real job. USAID and similar organizations do in exchange for being able to manipulate local politics. Not you, a NEET who takes more than he gives back.
>>
>>8982282

I really don't get you white people who keep breeding africans in the middle of the desert where they will NEVER be able to sustain themselves.

Do you get off on playing god or something?

Its downright cruel & sick...
>>
>>8982341
>Not you,
Tax payers money are used for that also. So it is Me.
>>
>>8982341
>NEET
who is that?
>>
>>8982349
>tax payer
>NEET
Pick one, sales tax at Aldi doesn't count. Sorry paco took your jerrb.
>>
>>8982102
Particle distribution matters a ton, but socratic coffee has an absolute shit way of measuring it. You need laser analysis, not sieving.
>>
>>8982362
>Sorry paco I took your jerrb.

Cool. You're going to be picking fruits and vegetables 12 hours a day in 90F heat, or laying shingle on rooftop under the same conditions for under minimum wage. If you even knew what end of a hammer or nailgun to hold, you'd collapse within 2 hours and scream for mommy.
>>
>>8982445
was just the first pic on google, and is self-evident for the conversation
why would sieving be bad, because it's discrete differences at each sieving and thus the "spectrum" is faked/smoothed?
>>
>>8982353
Not in Education, Employment or Training; A "hikkikomori" or recluse.
>>
File: lefthemrot-546x372.jpg (30KB, 546x372px) Image search: [Google]
lefthemrot-546x372.jpg
30KB, 546x372px
>>8982454
Why would I need to work with my hands? I don't live in the oxycodone belt and I didn't drop out of school
>>
File: nano_diagram.png (258KB, 1024x513px) Image search: [Google]
nano_diagram.png
258KB, 1024x513px
>>8982456
>because it's discrete differences
if you coffee grounds differ in size by even as much as 1/2 of a nano particle your coffee will taste like shit, you are doing wrong. Might as well brew and drink instant coffee

Nanoparticle
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Nanoparticles are particles between 1 and 100 nanometers in size. In nanotechnology, a particle is defined as a small object that behaves as a whole unit with respect to its transport and properties.
Particles are further classified according to diameter.
Ultrafine particles are the same as nanoparticles and between 1 and 100 nanometers in size, fine particles are sized between 100 and 2,500 nanometers, and coarse particles cover a range between 2,500 and 10,000 nanometers.
Scientific research on nanoparticles is intense as they have many potential applications in medicine, physics, optics, and electronics.
The U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative offers government funding focused on nanoparticle research.
>>
File: Coffee Nanoparticles.jpg (150KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee Nanoparticles.jpg
150KB, 1024x768px
>>8982495

Coffee Nanoparticles.
http://blog.coffeenanoparticles.com/2012/01/new-website.html

I'm a PhD candidate in the Applied Physics and Materials Science department at Caltech and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Fellow.
I am currently conducting doctoral research on macromolecular biophysics and the development of artificial antibody and protein mimics with James Heath (Heath Lab) in the Chemistry and Chemical Engineering division.
I'm a graduate of the Nanotechnology Engineering program at the University of Waterloo in Canada, and am very much enjoying the change of scenery and weather.

In the past I've been an avid traveler, having spent time living and working abroad in China and Europe, most recently on an internship with Mitsubishi Chemical Research in Tokyo, Japan.
I chronicled my experience as an expat living in Tokyo in my blog Coffee Nanoparticles, which I still update from time to time.

I enjoyed being a barista at Starbucks during college, and I still reserve the right to pull out some coffee or tea snobbery at my discretion.
I'm also interested in the proliferation and teaching of science, and enjoy taking part in science fairs, making fun scientific videos and tutoring math, science, and enrichment.
>>
File: johannesburg-south-africa-1[1].jpg (248KB, 1400x720px) Image search: [Google]
johannesburg-south-africa-1[1].jpg
248KB, 1400x720px
>>8982282
Pic related is what Africa actually looks like. Johannesburg specifically. None of these people are starving. Fuck off with your racist shit.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8982544
>Pic related is what Africa actually looks like. Johannesburg specifically.
Designed and build by white people.
Blacks are busy now destroying the fuck out of it.
>>
>>8982559
that's why I don't drink black coffee, only with cream and touch of sugar, like sophisticated white male will always do
>>
>>8982559
Kek. White people rape and pillage your resources for awhile and they are given the boot and you're left to deal with the dregs they left behind. Thanks, you white knights.
>>
>>8982559
More likely designed by white people and built by black people who got paid practically nothing and were forbidden from using anything they built
>>
>>8982495
do you not know what discrete means?
>>
>>8982189
After a few weeks of use, I've had no scale suprisingly, the concentrations in TWW apparently don't scale. Plus they have an espresso version with a buffer that doesn't cause scaling
>>
>>8982644
whatever it means it doesn't apply to this topic.
maybe if you like to sound so smart and educated post your ideas in proper logical way not like a raging faggot calling things "shit" and expecting others to accept your statements at face value
>>
File: mugga.jpg (2MB, 2365x1330px) Image search: [Google]
mugga.jpg
2MB, 2365x1330px
One of my favorite cuppa related things to do is go into good will stores and finding muggas for like 25 cents.

pic related.
>>
>>8983062
That's disgusting.
Who knows how many people put their diseased lips on that.
>>
File: 1458685022208.jpg (34KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
1458685022208.jpg
34KB, 500x273px
>he drinks coffee aka badamphetamine
>>
File: pulp-coffee.gif (999KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
pulp-coffee.gif
999KB, 500x213px
>>8983062
don't expect your coffee to taste good in second hand $0.50 or even $0.75 used mugs.
you need to drop more serious coin on a descent mug to get the exotic aromas released by your coffee, unless you are using cheap under $500 coffee grinder then you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>8983082
some people even piss in their mugs, like I do at night when I'm too drunk to walk to the bathroom
>>
>>8983089
>>he drinks coffee aka badamphetamine
who does that, the dude with $500 coffee grinder
>>
>>8983062
I drunk coffee once from coffee mug that was used in the morgue to store eyeballs.
it was sterilized I was told
>>
>>8983116
that's pretty metal
>>
>>8983119
no it was ceramic
>>
>>8983119
the creepy part was when they told me that they use bone crushers to grind their coffee
>>
>>8983150
why crush bones?
they're messing with you
>>
>>8983150
>they use bone crushers to grind their coffee
$500 bone crusher will propel you into the real hobby class, under $500 you are just a pleb
>>
>>8976798
A lot of Colombian coffee is actually Costa Rican coffee.
>>
>>8983062
I like to use congnac glasses
>>
>>8983196
that's weird because faggot barista told me the opposite
>>
>>8983165
Maybe for autopsy.
>>
I had another latte today and it was much better, but I still can't get over that it's just a milky espresso shot with some warm foamy shit on top.
>>
>>8983270
weird way of drinking coffee.
if you going to do this on regular basis might as well add milk to cup of instant coffee.
I understand adding quality sugar or even bit of quality cream to your coffee but adding fapped milk that looks like soap bubbles foam is a big turn-off for me,
but I'm sophisticated coffee connoisseur not some pleb so maybe that's why I look down on primitives like yourself.
THO HERE YOU RAISED YOUR RESPECT BY STATING THE OBVIOUS, SO YOU ARE NOT A PLEB YOU JUST TEMPORARILY MISGUIDED
>>8983270
>but I still can't get over that it's just a milky espresso shot with some warm foamy shit on top.
>>
What would happen if you filtered milk through coffee instead of water? Is that a thing?
>>
>>8983362
I've seen several people say they've tried it and every single one has said it's absolutely awful. You should try it, though. Make a video
>>
File: 1490548940083.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490548940083.gif
899KB, 600x600px
>>8983362
>>8983370

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knj8-yOxJpE
these qts did
>>
>>8983379
What does the chick behind the camera look like
>>
File: Extremely-Fat-Woman.jpg (64KB, 640x818px) Image search: [Google]
Extremely-Fat-Woman.jpg
64KB, 640x818px
>>8983385
she's OK I guess
>>
>>8983036
it's a two syllable word, and it makes perfect sense in context. https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%20discrete
at every sieving, you would only know what amount of coffee had passed through/remained at that sieve's wideness, meaning you would have something like a histogram instead of a continuous graph. that's what discrete differences are, in comparison to continuous ones
>>
>>8983261
>Today I finally told faggot barista to take speech lessons.
>He asked me why, I told him so you can sound more like a man, he bursted in tears sobbing like a coffee percolator.
>I refused to take coffee from his hand
>Cafe owner comes over asking what's the problem,I told him what I said to the pussy barista and told him that his barista is not professional and spilled his tears in my coffee
>and I'm not going to drink this crap
>owner got super mad at the barista bitch and told him to go home for the day
>all that time barista was wiping his tears I guess expecting the owner to feel sorry for him
>owner is cool guy and told me later that barista will be fired and replaced with normal person who will not be talking to the customers like a fucking flaming faggot
> I got Gift Certificate for dozen Free coffees
>feels great to speak your mind out and put flaming faggots in their place
>serve me fucking coffee in a public cafe and stop talking like a woman if you are visible man
>>
>>8983496
OK, makes sense now.
In this case I'm withdrawing 50% of my negative comment. KEK
THE OTHER 50% WILL REMAIN JUST IN CASE YOU ARE BULLSHITTING ME AND OTHERS HERE
>>
>>8982138
you don't need to read minds to follow the backlinks to see the context to which posts are made. you fucking moron.
>>
>>8983656
>to follow the backlinks to see the context to which posts are made
I'M NOT THE FOLLOWER
I LEAD
>>
File: coffee stained teeth .jpg (17KB, 800x316px) Image search: [Google]
coffee stained teeth .jpg
17KB, 800x316px
>>8975982
Fuck you OP.
Here is the newest shit in coffee biz.

Clear coffee is now reality and it won't stain your teeth.
Clear coffee is now a reality thanks to the makers of CLR CFF.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/water-cooler/clear-coffee-is-now-reality-and-it-wont-stain-your-teeth
>>
File: 1478218031832.gif (365KB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
1478218031832.gif
365KB, 400x328px
>>8983362
It's called cafe au lait I believe. I've done it a few times and would recommend it
>>
>>8975982
I don't really get coffee
is it like alcohol where you just drink for the effect even though it tastes like shit, and if you really can't stand it that's what all the shit you add to it is for? what boggles me is a lot of the shit people add to it seems just as bad, and a lot of it would just make a great drink on its own, no coffee needed
>>
>>8983723
>adding anything that can stand on their own to coffee
No.
Spices only
>>
File: no coffee in my butt-promo.jpg (113KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
no coffee in my butt-promo.jpg
113KB, 1000x1000px
Why NOT to do Coffee Enemas
Markus Rothkranz explains why not to do coffee enemas. Water enemas are great, just don't add coffee.
Before you ask about why clinics like Gerson are using it, listen to the whole video, it's explained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkYf4pduy4Q

Lesson from all this:
Don't drink coffee with your anus
>>
I feel so liberated for last 3 weeks since I stopped drinking coffee.
>>
>>8981967
I do not have the upgrade, I find it to be reliable enough. And yes you just grind a few beans.
>>
caowfee
>>
>>8984113
>caowfee
cofii
>>
>>8981967
>>8984081
you can also use the notches on that nut thing as a shorthand for grinds, after you get a feel for it
>>
File: Coffee-Beans-Ban-Morning.jpg (50KB, 1024x735px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee-Beans-Ban-Morning.jpg
50KB, 1024x735px
Morning without coffee is Morning Blessed.
>>
>>8983165
You gotta crush the bones after you cremate the body. That's what the ashes are.
>>
I'm thinking of making some cold brew tonight. What do you think is the best ratio of coffee to water?
>>
>>8985957
are you going to use instant coffee or whole beans
>>
>>8985979
I was going to just grind some of my whole beans.
>>
>>8985983
I made it once 2 or 3 years ago, didn't really like it that much. I prefer to drink freshly made warm coffee.
If you google it you will find few articles hoe to make it, there is one very interesting article talking extensively about benefits and other aspects of cold brewed coffee, but at this point I don't remember how to find that particular article.
I'm sure it will come out if you do google search.
>>
>>8986006
I found that Archived coffee thread >>8888293, see if this will help you,
>>8906553
>>8906564
>>
>>8986032
OK, so there is no link to it so some reason.
here are the two posts that I made in that thread:

>>8906432
"By contrast to traditional iced coffee, which is brewed hot and then served over ice to cool it down, cold brew coffee is brewed entirely with cold or lukewarm water over a longer period of time.
And as such, you lose most of the acidity or bitterness that comes with brewing coffee with hot water, resulting in a deliciously smooth, sweet, and bitter-free coffee that tastes fabulous over ice."

from;
COLD BREW COFFEE
https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/how-to-cold-brew-coffee-recipe/

Easy Cold-Brewed Coffee
https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/basic-cold-brewed-coffee-30487

HOW TO MAKE COLD BREW COFFEE
https://www.kickinghorsecoffee.com/en/blog/how-make-cold-brew-coffee

More or Less Caffeine in Cold Brew Coffee?
The internet seems to vary about whether Cold Brew contains more caffeine or not. Valid question for sure. But, remember caffeine is water soluble.
We know that all the caffeine will inevitably be extracted during the lengthy Cold Brew process. The question then becomes how much coffee we are using relative to our water.

Since with Cold Brew we generally use more coffee than conventional hot methods, we will therefore see more caffeine.
This is why many people use Cold Brew as a concentrate to be mixed with ice and cream, made into a frap-a-something.
>>
>>8986044
second post:
Anonymous 05/07/17(Sun)14:10:38 No.8906564â–¶>>8906629 >>8907145
>>8906553

Benefits of cold brewed coffee;
Less acidic.
Cold Brew coffee naturally seems sweeter because of its lower acid level. Not to be confused with acidity, which was explained in our learning to taste entry.
Using cold water as opposed to hot makes the extraction process much slower and actually more selective.
The flavor of the coffee is extracted, but bitter compounds are left behind.
This can also explain why Cold Brew contains less acid than when you use hot water.

Hot water not only extracts quite quickly, but also cooks as it extracts, causing a change in chemical structure.
One of the benefits of cold brewing is that the chemical process doesn’t change, since the temperature doesn’t.
You could drink your Cold Brew today and then in a few days and it should taste the same.
Granted you keep it covered. We don’t want it absorbing any funkiness from the fridge.
Cold Brews can last up to two weeks in the fridge.

Even though it may take more coffee to make, you will probably discover that none of it goes to waste.
Makes for a very smooth cup which highlights each of our blends various flavor profiles.
>>
>>8985957
half a pound of coffee per gallon
>>
>>8986235
>>8986044
>Since with Cold Brew we generally use more coffee than conventional hot methods,
yes cold brewing will cost you more money for sure
>>
File: omg coffee.jpg (336KB, 859x687px) Image search: [Google]
omg coffee.jpg
336KB, 859x687px
Who else brews coffee with the same grounds twice?
The second infusion has just as much flavor as the first, I can't believe retards actually throw perfectly good grounds away.
You should try it!
>>
>>8986513
i do it all the time but i go step above and add full teaspoon of instant coffee to it and i'm getting excellent results.
this work great when serving coffee to my guests and big family gatherings
>>
>>8986513
I just puked in my mouth a little
>>
File: ig35_snowflakes_04_02.jpg (58KB, 535x570px) Image search: [Google]
ig35_snowflakes_04_02.jpg
58KB, 535x570px
>>8986586
because you are delicate sensitive snowflake.
try acting like a real man sometimes.
>>
>>8986627
Guess I'm spoiled with all these fresh beans. So much that I don't have to make coffee out of trash!
>>
>>8986684
>Guess I'm spoiled
you are not spoiled you are just plainly wasteful
>what a shame
>>
File: 1439653656664.png (328KB, 880x438px) Image search: [Google]
1439653656664.png
328KB, 880x438px
>>8986513
>>8986627
Why not scoop your shit out of the toilet, put it in a bowl, and chow down on it like it's texas chili? The second digestion has just as much nutrition as the first, I can't believe retards actually flush perfectly good nutrients down the toilet. Monkey's do this. You should try it too!
>>
>>8986710
now you acting totally stupid, but that's not the first time for you.
>>
>>8986513
>I can't believe retards actually throw perfectly good grounds away.
jokes on you it goes to my compost bin
>>
>>8986741
>tfw always want to drink coffee late in the day but it fucks with my sleep schedule
Guess I have to resort to some tea, lads. Fug
>>
File: Coffee demon.jpg (134KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee demon.jpg
134KB, 1024x768px
>>8986854
I quit drinking coffee 2 months ago and it feels so liberating, o yes sometimes I'm getting the smells and aromas hunting me from time to time, but I tell the Satan to get behind me.

say it; get behind me you coffee Satan
and he will flee
>>
File: Evil-Coffee .jpg (52KB, 640x441px) Image search: [Google]
Evil-Coffee .jpg
52KB, 640x441px
fuck off bitch
>>
>>8987191
fucking coffee culture. so mean
>>
fuck you too, bitch
>>
File: coffee belongs in coffin .jpg (108KB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
coffee belongs in coffin .jpg
108KB, 1280x856px
coffee is dying slow painful death, fuck her I have no sympathy for her
>>
File: yuuka_unamused.png (275KB, 568x310px) Image search: [Google]
yuuka_unamused.png
275KB, 568x310px
>buy Starbucks's new meme drink
>it's basically syrup
>>
>>8987932
if you are stepping inside of Starbuck's store you are a cuck
>have no respect for cucks
>>
>>8987932
>>it's basically syrup
what did you expect real healthy drink from those crooks
>>
File: IMG_20170217_223024769 - copia.jpg (2MB, 3006x2979px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170217_223024769 - copia.jpg
2MB, 3006x2979px
>>8977584
As the heat rises through the cup, the genkidama builds
>>
File: 20170529_092157.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170529_092157.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>8977584
Gave this mug to my mom for Christmas two years ago and she uses this one regularly. So not actually mine but it is normally the one I use when I visit.

I collect mugs, mostly ones based around local businesses. Staying with my dad while I am looking for a job so most are in storage aside from a Waffle House and Krispy Kreme one. Somehow he has amassed well over 20 mugs from generic kitchenware sets from Walmart. Now he only uses mine.
>>
>>8988603
worst mug ever, especially to give it to your Mother as a gift, unless you really think that she is an Asshole, in that case it's perfectly OK
>>
File: 1485211542756.png (128KB, 295x343px) Image search: [Google]
1485211542756.png
128KB, 295x343px
>Put macchiato on the menu at work
>I have to explain to people that it's not the caramel macchiato from startbucks
>People still ask why the menu says it only have 30 calories
>explain what a macchiato is
>Yeah but what's the difference
mfw
>>
>>8988975
>ask for any espresso based drink at coffee shop
>"you want that iced, right??"
Every single time.
Do people just ask for those stupid ice water smoothies or something?
>>
>>8981314
When I had an espresso machine, I used to put ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg with my shots. Tasted heavenly.
>>
Anyone try a Caffe Crema? Had it in Italy, its fucking fantastic.

Basically you run an espresso shot for 1:30-2:00. The end result is 6-8oz of coffee

https://youtu.be/kyrhLPH-ejk
>>
>>8986044
Not just using a hot bloom and then cold infusing

>pleb
>>
>>8988928
It's her sense of humor.
>>
File: IMG_20170529_151446.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170529_151446.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
I made a coffee cake. The batter has a 3tbsp instant coffee/1c water coffee concentrate added, and the frosting has another 2tbsp instant coffee crystals mixed in. It turned out tastier than I expected (haven't cut the cake yet, just had the cake tops and some extra frosting).

Is this the right thread for this?
>>
>>8990870
Only if you mail me one
>>
>>8990870

There is no wrong thread for this level of OC wizardry.
>>
File: megaman_throwing_up.png (58KB, 448x327px) Image search: [Google]
megaman_throwing_up.png
58KB, 448x327px
>>8989126
It's the opposite for me.
>they order drink
>"you want that hot right?"
>lol no blended.
>>
>>8983522
>Update on raging faggot barista

>the faggot got fired from that Cafe but he already got new job in a restaurant 3 streets down
>as a dishwasher, ha ha ha ha
>fucking raging faggot got demoted on the social scale, fuck this is so funny
>I bet he is not telling his friends that now instead of pulling espressos he is pulling dishwasher soap, lol
>you welcome you faggot
>next time use your masculine voice,don't talk to customers like a bitch in heat
>>
>>8991447
>btw. new girl 7/10 got hired and is making great coffees
>everybody is happy now that the raging faggot is gone, including rest of the employees
>>
>>8989126
What really bugs me is when they ask if I want any flavorings in mine.

Is "latte, please" really such a hard thing to grasp?

Though I do occasionally get it iced, on a hot afternoon.
>>
>>8991465
People get angry if you don't ask.
>>
File: 51FioKkC1VL.jpg (61KB, 374x500px) Image search: [Google]
51FioKkC1VL.jpg
61KB, 374x500px
thoughts on instant coffee?
>>
File: Snorting Instant Coffee.jpg (107KB, 1024x696px) Image search: [Google]
Snorting Instant Coffee.jpg
107KB, 1024x696px
>>8991633
>thoughts on instant coffee?
up your nose, you don't know how it kicks your ass when you do it unless you do it.
it's not a joke, it's being done by millions of coffee addicts, I did it few times, it gives nice blast
>>
Everyone in this thread is a stuck up faggot
>>
>>8991884
So? That's not a bad thing to be.
>>
>>8991465
I always word it as "Just a plain one today?" or call it Plain Jane. You always have to ask because 90% of people have no idea what a plain one is like. They expect very sweet.
We had a problem with middle school girls comming in and asking for cappuccinos expecting like a gas station and having to explain to them that what they are ordering is not what they are expecting. Eventually we just started letting it happen and they thought they were awful. They stopped ordering cappuccinos though.
>>
File: IMG_20170530_121713.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170530_121713.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
>>8990870
>>8990894
>>8990918
Finally cut into it. Delicious.
>>
>>8991884
>Everyone
that includes you, you stuck up faggot
>>
>>8991884
>Everyone in this thread is a stuck up faggot
Why you think so?
>>
>>8992960
Some barista probably stole his boyfriend
>>
>>8992995
bwahaha ha ha
total kek
>>
>>8992995
>Some barista probably stole his boyfriend
>>
>>8993093
Everyone here knows it's never not both.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.