[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you going to eat some "qatayef" this ramadan, anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1032112.jpg (170KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1032112.jpg
170KB, 1280x853px
Are you going to eat some "qatayef" this ramadan, anon?
>>
>>8969967
I'll be making pork and beef pirozhki
>>
>>8969980
that's like super haram, dude.
>>
>>8969967
Much wish. Break fast with dates, devour foods until eid
>>
why a god would give a fuck about what you eat? Come on anon if he created everything he evenly likes or hates everything or he would have just nuke the whole thing.
>>
>>8970120
And your point is...?
>>
>>8970120
Religious dietary restrictions tend to have three purposes: Setting people apart is a big one. Look at very observant Jews. The dietary rules are so strict that it's very difficult for them to dine with non-Jews. This assures the cohesion of a group that spent a lot of time living in foreign lands, as it made it nearly impossible for the observant to assimilate. Then you have health/ethical concerns. For various reasons some foods are seen as unhealthy, unethical or just plain unclean. Then there's fasting, which is more pragmatic. Most religious fasts take place as winter turns to spring and stores of food start running low. Ramadan used to be an example, but the calendar got fucked up over time. But if you think about it it's entirely sensible to mandate a community fast during the time when food stores are traditionally running out. It increases the chance of everyone surviving until food becomes plentiful again.

In the modern world these all seem like anachronisms, but as recently as a thousand years ago they made perfect sense.
>>
super interesting
>>
File: fa.jpg (43KB, 320x328px) Image search: [Google]
fa.jpg
43KB, 320x328px
pork and pork accessories
>>
>>8970161
>Most religious fasts take place as winter turns to spring and stores of food start running low. Ramadan used to be an example

Could you provide some source for this?
>>
>>8970161
>For various reasons some foods are seen as unhealthy, unethical or just plain unclean
Because the laws were made before people knew about germs. Fucking American bleached chicken is halal by these standards.
>Most religious fasts take place as winter turns to spring and stores of food start running low.
Also doesn't happen anymore.
>In the modern world these all seem like anachronisms, but as recently as a thousand years ago they made perfect sense.
This shit isn't respectable, interesting, or warranted anymore, teaching people about religious laws only serves to validate them.
>>
>>8970768
>This shit isn't respectable, interesting, or warranted anymore, teaching people about religious laws only serves to validate them.

If every country outlawed organized religion with strict punishment for violators, this world would markedly improve.
>>
>>8970579
Ramadan is a tough case because the Muslim calendar is lunar. It lags from the solar cycle about ten days a year. It's the stopped clock being right twice a day thing, except in this case it's once every 33 years. So the months they call spring will happen at every time of the year twice during a lifetime. Same with Ramadan.

But the tradition of fasting during the time of the year when food is scarce predates Islam and the adoption of a lunar calendar. Once you're on a lunar calendar your months have no association with solar seasons. Which is why the poor bastards fast is often out of synch with their Jewish and Christian brethren. Christians are running on a solar calendar and the Jews work from a lunar with adjustments (adding an extra month some years) to bring it back in line with the solar year.
>>
>>8970875
I used to think that. But I've come to see religion as exploiting a basic human vulnerability - people want simple answers to unanswerable questions. And they're happy to suspend rational thought to have them. There's really no way around that. For many life it just too tragic and/or complicated to make any sense of, so they want to be able to see a grander arc through their existence. They'll go along with a lot of bullshit to have that. You can't stop them.
>>
File: 1490243436176.png (451KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490243436176.png
451KB, 1080x720px
i'll be having pic related
>>
>>8969967
I'm not a sandnigger, so no, I don't want to eat queef.
>>
>>8969967
>empanadas served on a bed of pancakes
Arab food is weird, always has dates or raisins or sugar or something mixed in.
>>
>>8971254
>always has dates or raisins or sugar
Most of them don't drink alcohol, so they lean on the sugar pretty hard instead.
>>
I'll be eating bacon.

and I won't wait for the night.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.