[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's some good foods to soothe/cure a sore throat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: sore_throat_s6_man_sore_throat.jpg (37KB, 493x335px) Image search: [Google]
sore_throat_s6_man_sore_throat.jpg
37KB, 493x335px
What's some good foods to soothe/cure a sore throat?
>>
>>8965474
tablespoon of honey. Tea. Of course the classic chicken soup.
>>
simmer a few slices of lemon and some slices of ginger in water, then add lemon. a lot of tea has caffeine, which can dehydrate you. stick with just this!
>>
>>8965482
Honey has sugar in it and sugar is bad for a sore throat
>>
I used to get those one-cup on-the-go soups from campells, nuke them for 30 seconds extra, then drink them.
Swalloing was pure pain because of the strep I had so the only thing I could deal with was something that scalded the shit out of my throat
>>
>>8965486
shit, add honey. not lemon. i should finish my drink and go to bed.
>>
>>8965474
Hot Tea, add some honey and lemon add a shot of whiskey. Works every time
>>
Doritos, don't chew them very well, swallow the while still a bit chunky, not like giant pieces that are going to choke you, just don't macerate them as much as usual while you masticate them.

The scratchiness as they go down feels awesome and the salt gets right in there to extend the burn.

This is not a joke post, try it, then come back and thank me.
>>
>>8965491
>t. physician
>>
>>8965605
>American healthcare advice
>>
>>8965664
You don't need to be to understand how harmful sugar is to the body
>>
Italian ice, popsicles, soup, tea.
>>
>>8965474

My cummies
>>
hot dr pepper
>>
>>8965474
Milk. Thick and cold.
>>
>>8965482
>>8965486
Yeah these. Tea with one or two teaspoons honey, I personally love lime blossom tea for that.

Hot water with ginger, lemon and maybe a bit of honey too depending if you like the taste.
>>
>>8965474
Ice cream sometimes works for me
>>
>>8965474
A good drink for your throat would be lemon juice in ice water and maybe poor some juice in like cranberry or any other berry fruit juice to give it some FLAVOOOOOOOR
>>
>>8965605
Toast has a similar effect, feels great
>>
I usually go and get the beef brisket pho and salty limeade from a local vietnamese place
>>
>haven't been able to swallow without massive pain for past 7 hours
>can't sleep so constant pain

i wish i was dead, or that someone would knock me out, saged for whine
>>
>>8966149
Go to a doctor you dumbass
>>
mix honey with crushed wallnuts and lemon zest

you can put a spoonful of baking soda too

trust me on this shit, it works like magic
>>
File: 1473902632867.jpg (22KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
1473902632867.jpg
22KB, 400x273px
>>8965474
>honey
>pineapple juice
>any sort of tea really

You can also gargle salt water, I do say gargle not drink. Don't drink salt water OP.
>>
>>8965474
If you're still there, mix 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, and 1 tablespoon of honey. Spread on toast and eat with very lemony tea.
>>
>>8965474
Antibiotics. I hope the strep throat gives your computer aids.
>>
Pho is the way to go
>>
>>8965474
Cold glass of water.
>>
>>8965474
Gargle with warm salt water, especially if you have swollen tonsils.
>>
>>8967721
Why does everyone keep saying this shit? There's no scientific evidence that 'salt water' is beneficial to a sore throat.
>>
>>8967745
I have tonsilitis right now. When I gargle with warm salt water, the pain goes away and my tonsils feel normal. It might not be beneficial to a sore throat, but it definitely helps with my tonsilitis.
>>
>>8965474
Anything warm, nothing cold nothing hot.
>>
>>8967745
>there is no scientific evidence that desiccation kills microorganisms

looooooooooooool
>>
>>8965474
ginger tea
its great
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.