[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breakfast:Sides Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 20131018-Pellicci_s.0.jpg (484KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
20131018-Pellicci_s.0.jpg
484KB, 2000x1333px
I am in charge of my families next Sunday breakfast. I figured I would be making french toast complete with homemade bread but I am not sure what to do about the sides. I could easily just go with the classic eggs, skillet potatoes, and fruit but I almost want to get more creative since I'm already going all out on the toast.

Part of me also wants to look into incorporating more green vegetables into breakfast sides since it always seems to be proteins, starches, sugar and more starches, but I also know that waking everyone up only to plop a plate of spinach or something in front of them is complete bullshit.

How do you make breakfast sides more interesting /ck/?
>>
>>8963536

Homefries.
>>
>incorporating more green vegetables into breakfast sides
vegetable omelets or quiches
>>
fried beans with onions, jalapenos, mushrooms
>>
File: naamloos.png (70KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
naamloos.png
70KB, 240x180px
>live in the netherlands
>never tried their traditional dish: herring
>i buy 2 herrings with diced onions
>i eat it
>i literally throw up
>entire kitchen is under my vomit
>roommates come home
is it possible to literally vomit by the taste of food?
>>
>>8963542
>>8963605
I have considered adding bell peppers to the skillet potatoes or otherwise using peppers but my mom is really picky and doesn't think of peppers as a breakfast food.
>>
File: IMG_20170520_100919.jpg (683KB, 2371x1390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170520_100919.jpg
683KB, 2371x1390px
My Saturday breakfast: pasta with roasted brisket and fresh mint tea
>>
Sliced pears with cottage cheese.
Bacon cups
Mini quiche
Cucumber finger sandwiches
Quartered ham and cheese melts

I would go savory to compliment the sweet of the French toast. Some of my suggestions are a little more brunchish, but our big weekend family breakfasts usually fill the role of breakfast and lunch both anyway.
>>
>>8963642
damn that's a big herring
>>
>>8963536
If you're going simple then sauteeing some vegs in the fat of your meats is pretty tasty
>>
>>8963542
Can I come over to your house and suck your dick?
>>
Blood sausage of some sort.
>>
>>8963536
Biscuits and gravy are always nice, even better if you're not from the US, since then it's strange and foreign.
>>
File: DSC_0590.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0590.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>8963536
God tier fried spam cubes incorporated into a classic potatoes o Brian... With cheese of course.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.