[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meals for bulking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: smorgasbord.jpg (34KB, 533x355px) Image search: [Google]
smorgasbord.jpg
34KB, 533x355px
Okay /ck/, my brother is bulking because his metabolism is basically eating him alive. He's been severely underweight since we were kids, but it's only recently that it's become clear it's having an adverse effect on his health - mental and physical. In short, he's constantly anxious and uncomfortable because his body believes he's starving.

He's been getting better, but he's having difficulty gaining weight. His stomach is very sensitive and he can't eat much at all. I'll be spending the summer with my family, so I was wondering:

What "dense" meals can I prepare for him to help him gain weight? Things that he won't have to eat much of in order to gain weight.
>>
>>8957482

Make smoothies with protein powder, natural peanut butter, full fat milk, seeds, full fat yogurt, flax oil, bananas, oats. Add some other fruit if you want, but this is all you need.
>>
File: piceRB3F1.jpg (66KB, 555x370px) Image search: [Google]
piceRB3F1.jpg
66KB, 555x370px
>>8957482
Biscuits and gravy. Make some dense homemade biscuits that use a lot of butter in the dough, make sausage gravy without draining any fat, and substitute 1/4 of the milk with cream.
>>
File: oats.jpg (2MB, 1782x2287px) Image search: [Google]
oats.jpg
2MB, 1782x2287px
>>8957482

pic related

Also, SS+GOMAD
>>
>>8957504
>>8957532
I'll definitely do this, but I'm also looking for things I can cook. I mean, I like to cook for other people but I don't always get the opportunity to.
>>
>>8957515
Sounds good. I imagined there's a lot of opportunities to substitute fattier ingredients in basic dishes. I'll just have to warn other people to stay away from the stuff I make.

I'm cutting myself, so I probably won't be eating any of this.
>>
Clean Bulk
>peanut butter
>whole/full fat milk
>cashews/almonds as snack
>meats and potatoes cooked in generous amounts of butter
>pastries
>costco muffins
>quaker oats chocolate chip "granola" bars/cliff bars
Easy Bulk
>replace water with cola of choice
>keep several pounds of chips on hand (crisps)
>burger king/wendys/mcdicks/etc (pick one) every day for dinner
>convince him that eating good food makes him feel good emotionally, then [spoiler]inflict emotional trauma over the course of 12 years[/spoiler] (worked very well for me)

Basically just find high fat high carb low veg foods and improvise.
>>
>>8957532
Got any savory recipes for oats? Sweet stuff makes me ill.
>>
>>8957482
english-style breakfast is great for bulking. I remember eating a lot of bacon, eggs, potatoes, toast and whole milk for breakfast when I wanted to gain.
>>
Spaghetti bolognese is easy to make super rich.
Find fattier ground beef and pork, like 70/30.

Drizzle plenty of olive oil in the sauce too.

Serve on a mountain of pasta, and a side of buttered garlic bread for good measure.
>>
>>8957643
this as well. a plate of spaghetti and a tall glass of milk is sure to top 1k calories without much trouble.
>>
>>8957601
make them with chicken (or vegetable or beef and so on) stock instead of water, add some chopped garlic, some veggies, whatever spices you like
>>
>>8957482
>Metabolism is eating him alive
>His stomach is very sensitive and he can't eat much at all

Only one of these statements is true. Regardless, the advice in this thread will set him on the right path assuming he can stomach it.
>>
File: tldr food.jpg (491KB, 1126x1001px) Image search: [Google]
tldr food.jpg
491KB, 1126x1001px
>>8957601

jalapeno cheddar bacon oats, off the top of my head

I usually make them for brekkie so I haven't honestly made a savory rendition.
>>
>>8957532
Oats need butter and salt as well
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.