[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burbon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Benchmark.png (142KB, 200x650px) Image search: [Google]
Benchmark.png
142KB, 200x650px
>drinking pic related
I have trouble tasting the difference between the higher quality bourbon and the stuff you get in a plastic bottle for ~$15.

Is there something wrong with me or is there little to no difference between high quality and low quality bourbon?

Also bourbon general
>>
>>8956481
Most bourbon is all mass produced in 'Murika nowdays. Don't buy into the marketing hype.

http://www.denverpost.com/2014/09/26/most-liquor-made-in-factories-no-matter-the-label/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/28/your-craft-whiskey-is-probably-from-a-factory-distillery-in-indiana
>>
Depending on what you buy, the plastic bottle stuff can be decent. For craft shit or new brands, you need to do your research.

Taste wise I'd expect you would be able to tell a high-rye bourbon from typical bourbon. If you typically drink something like Old Grand-dad then it would be similar.
>>
cheap bourbon drinker here.

imo it's worth upgrading from benchmark to evan williams 1783. the price difference is just a few bucks and it's a noticeable difference on smoothness and taste. beyond that the returns are highly diminishing.

i
>>
File: Mr C..png (364KB, 656x1082px) Image search: [Google]
Mr C..png
364KB, 656x1082px
>>8956481
Introduce yourself to Mr. Craig.
>>
>>8956481
Try Woodford Reserve. Smooth and fanfuckingtastic
>>
>>8957527
woodford is for vodka drinkers who like the idea of liking bourbon
>>8956481
depends somewhat on the brand, but this guy had a good point >>8957066
>>
File: 5843[1].jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5843[1].jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>
Whats a good Bourbon for a Ginfag? I haven't really liked any Bourbons I've had unless they were in a mint julep.
>>
>>8957740
What do you like about gin, and not like about bourbon?
>>
>>8957761
General smoothness. I hate my stomach feeling like it's on fire.
>>
Some cheaper brands have a distinct taste that aren't necessarily good. Vice versa, there are some higher-end brands that are way overhyped by the market. at the end of the day its your personal preference and palate. I like Bulleit, myself, but if I'm feeling particularly thrifty, the bottom shelf is fine too. Buffalo Trace isn't bad.
>>
>>8957779
Sounds more like you've been drinking crappy bourbon. Anyway, try Eagle Rare.
>>
>>8957066
You are clearly mistaken, retarded, or both. The only ones buying mass-produced bourbon are clearly new upstart no-name companies. There is not one major brand that has wide-ranging name recognition that does what you claim. Here is a comprehensive list of the whisky producers that buy their liquor from other sources. You will not find one household brand in there. You must be confused with vodka, which is as you say.

http://recenteats.blogspot.com/p/the-complete-list-of-american-whiskey.html#Independents
>>
>>8957066
I work in a co-packing facility like these part time while in uni.

We can do it faster, cheaper, more reliably, and safer then meme small micro distilleries.

It isn't pretty or romantic, but its objectively a better method.
>>
>>8956481

Nothing wrong with your tastes OP

Benchmark is made by Buffalo Trace. It is actually the same mash bill as other high-rye whiskeys in the Buffalo Trace family. Only difference is it being bottled at 3 years. The other reason why you like it versus other brands more expensive whiskeys is that it's actually Buffalo Trace whiskey.

Most of these new, random brands are not distilleries, they just bottle whiskey they buy from another spot in Indiana. While that place may also make amazing whiskey, they make A LOT of it and sell it which is why there are so many good, but not distinctly different, yet still wildly over-priced bourbons out there.

With the Benchmark brand, Bufffalo Trace sells you bourbon with no marketing costs or story, just good young whiskey from an amazing company.
>>
>>8960901
>good, but not distinctly different, yet still wildly over-priced

NDPs in a nutshell. In my opinion, there's no point in having your own whiskey brand if it tastes just like everybody else's.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.