[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Top Ramen for lunch again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (6KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6KB, 209x241px
>Top Ramen for lunch again
>>
>crush up small bag of cheetos into powder
>dice up meat/cheese slim jim pack
>mix together
>>
>>8955681
Someone here said to put sardines on top. I have a can of sardines and might try that. How hard would it be to make an easy version of Ramen from scratch given my admittedly globally-challenged small supermarket?
>>
You know there are foods that are both cheaper than ramen and taste better right?
>>
>>8955688
seems like a lot of salt
>>
>>8955689

I've tried it with baking soda, but it's... Not the same? The instructions said to bake baking soda between 250-255 F for an hour, then mix it with water, then add to flour. I think the ratio is 1 1/2 tsp. to 1/2 cup to 2 cups, respectively. Of course, I could be wrong, and the only things I use are baking soda and all purpose flour. The noodles... Aren't terrible, they are good, but they seem ramen-adjacent. It's apparently astronomically easier to get the proper texture with a pasta machine, but I don't have one of those. I flour up the dough, fold it over on itself, and use a straight edge knife to make noodles.

Ramen is basically an alkaline mixture, and they're relatively inexpensive if you make them by hand (even if you use other flour types).

I might make some later. I've been on a fruitless hunt for plums, so it'd be fun to do something while I search.
>>
>>8955753
I didn't mean Ramen noodles from scratch that sounds hard as fuck. I meant using premade noodles and I guess chicken stock + whatever seaweed they have in the store?
>>
I've only ever had Maruchan, is Top Ramen better?
>>
>>8955681
>buy regular noodles instead of dried shit
>buy cheap vegetables
>fry that shit up
>use whatever sauces you prefer

Shit man that was hard
>>
>>8955788
they're pretty much the same
>>
Poorfag here. So tired of only having water for lunch to fill my stomach that I heat it up and pretend it's broth. Then I heat up more water for my afternoon tea.
>>
>>8955778
It's really not hard once you get the hang of it, just very time consuming.

If you want to go full-weeb on the stock, you won't want the nori they sell in store. That's better used as a topping. Kombu kelp is what they use for the stock with bonito flakes and dried baby sardines, and you'll be lucky to find it in a limited supermarket in the US. It's not too expensive to order online (aside from shipping, occasionally).

If you want chicken stock, you probably won't absolutely need seaweed in the broth. There's actually a Japanese restaurant near me that sells a hell of a ramen and they use chicken paste. I don't know the brand, but I see it in stores by the bouillon.

Here's one of the versions I do:

-Chicken broth (in a can or boiling down bones, your choice, just watch your salt)
-Boiled egg (marinated with equal parts soy sauce and water, or just plain)
-Sliced pork tenderloin or chicken breast (chicken stock is basically just a savory salt broth, so any white meat would work well with it)
-Thinly chopped scallions (fried/sauteed onion also works well)
-Spinach (boil it then immediately chill it in ice water for best color results)

Sometimes they add corn to it, but I don't like corn so I keep it out. If it's a pork broth I like to fry up some bean sprouts and cabbage with a little sesame oil and chili flakes. Toss a piece of toasted seaweed on there if you like it, get that iodine going. If you get any of your ingredients from a can, make sure you soak them to remove the brine. It's fucking disgusting otherwise.

In short, do whatever you want with it. Just don't put any dairy in it, dairy doesn't mix well with this kind of food.
>>
when i could stomach then. was a tasty cheap meal. if you wanna get really unhealthy
fry them up and add some cheese + egg

or if you wanna go healthy. add sardines + spinach
>>
>>8955688
how's prison dude
no judging, i bet it's rough
>>
>>8958211
Pretty boring and the food they give you sucks. As disgusting as some of the recipes that prisoners make on their own may sound, if you're dining on a budget and trying to obtain both flavor and sustenance they actually aren't bad.
>>
Boil noodles, drain. Dice spam brown lightly. Add chopped cabbage, green onion, Kim chee if you like, celery etc., cook one minute. Add 2tbs soy sauce 2tbs oyster sauce. Stir fry.
>>
>>8958302
>Pretty boring

My guess unless you're in a brutal maximum security prison it would just be mind numbing boredom coupled with boring shit quality food and nasty urine and fart smells rather than ruthless violence.
>>
>>8955688
What's up housemate, yo nigga trade me one of them pickles for some instant coffee
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.