[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chili thread. For those of you who use beans, what type do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: chili_beans.jpg (85KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
chili_beans.jpg
85KB, 610x458px
Chili thread. For those of you who use beans, what type do you like?

I like to use 2 lbs of beef, with 3 cans (those standard 15 oz size) of one each black beans, pinto beans, and red kidney beans, and 2 large jalapenos. Of course there are other things too, but the ratio of these 3 ingredients is the most vital part.
>>
im thinkin about thos beans
>>
>>8953117
I just use one 15oz can of kidney beans for every lb of beef. Not a big fan of black or pinto beans
>>
>>8953117
Sorry for post this, I have observing for a moment, first time. Why is all chili posts making? And beans? Is this presumed to making for humor? If I make post will I response and many smiles?
>>
>>8953159
Pls responds. McChickens is favourite meat pie.
>>
>>8953117
Sorry. Pls responds.
>>
>>8953117
Where's the onion, OP? Onions are integral to a good chili imo.
>>
Why do Americans put beans in there feet soup? Lol!
>>
beef should not be in chili. it is rank. carrots, lentils, split peas, green peas, pinto beans, all belong in chili.
>>
>>8953200
Is not American feet soup! You are lie! Lol!
>>
>>8953117
Cannelloni is the thinking man's bean
>>
>>8953252
>Cannelloni
I think you mean cannellini.

Kidney is the classic as it holds up better to longer cooking times but, if I am just cooking a quick 20 minute chili I prefer pinto.
>>
>>8953175
For me, it is the McChili, the best ground beef stew sandwich
>>
I like to use two thirds kidney beans and one third pinto or black eye, but I like the cheaper canned kidney beans because they go soft and mashy, and the little black eye ones stay firmer. Lots of beany taste and texture and small firmer ones that pop as you chew. I add sweet corn too.
>>
>>8953117

Unique and Excellent Chili, “Ozark’s Chili”:
minced garlic
large white onion
chili powder (or make your own)
oregano
cumin (lots of cumin, but not too much, there is a sweet spot with cumin, its right before you have too much.)
pinch of oregano
black pepper
2 bay leaves
ground beef or deer (boston burger is best because of the pork fat)
3-4 cans of beans (red kidney are probably the hardest to beat, but you can add pinto, black, white beans, ect.)
2 standard sized cans of tomato sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes
butter (quarter stick)
Kosher salt
ketchup (brooks is best)
vinegar
sugar if necessary (if you get too much a vinegar taste, the sugar can balance it out.)

Directions continued in post below.
>>
>>8955672
Cut up your onion in whatever fashion you choose, brown that with the minced garlic. I put cracked black pepper and cumin on the onions and garlic before I start to brown them. Put your meat on top of that mixture and then brown it as well.
After your meat is browned, add the diced tomatoes and 2 cans of tomato sauce, mix well together, throw in the beans and mix well again. Add more cumin, chili powder and bay leaves, oregano, and cayenne. Add a fair amount of kosher salt and once again, mix thoroughly. Add butter also at this time.
Allow this to come to a boil for a short period and whilst stirring to prevent any sticking to the pan that could occur. If you are using a Teflon pan, do not use metal to scrape the pan, Teflon is toxic. Use a wooden spoon or something like that.
After it has reached a slow boil, turn the heat down to a slow simmer, at this point add approximately a half a cup of ketchup and 3 table spoons of vinegar. Mix thoroughly and continue to cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes or so.
Now, sample the chili sauce, the idea is to get the sweet spot between a sweet and acidic taste, if it is too sweet, add more vinegar, if it is too acidic, add some more ketchup or even perhaps a tablespoon or two of white sugar. Once you have found the balance, you are ready to serve. I will note that once the chili has completely cooled down and reheated, it will taste even better, the flavor really comes out after that process. If it is winter and there is snow on the ground, I will place the pot in the snow leaving the lid on and pile snow all around the sides of it to rush it.
This is a very unique and different chili, as someone who is very critical of food that does not have flavor or is poorly done (90% of Americans don’t know the different between a dog turd and a good steak). If you do this correctly, you will have a very unique and excellent chili. My father created this recipe over several years of tweaking it.
>>
>>8955673
Oh, one more thing, I do usually put a quarter can of beer in the chili to give it more fluid, it’s kind of a rule that when I am cooking chili you have to put beer in. Also, drinking 6-12 cans of shitty lite beer will enhance the experience, especially if you are snowed in.
Enjoy!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.