[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumb shit you do because you have weird tastes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: burger.jpg (153KB, 460x230px) Image search: [Google]
burger.jpg
153KB, 460x230px
If a recipe calls for salt and pepper (during the cooking process or as an ingredient during prep, not as topping when everything is already cooked) I just use montreal steak spice instead. Do it for burgers and meatballs, do it for some soups, do it for stir fries, what ever.

Ketchup on eggs fags need not apply.
>>
File: 1495204466043.png (273KB, 431x767px) Image search: [Google]
1495204466043.png
273KB, 431x767px
>spice
pic related
>>
>>8950714
there is literally nothing wrong with this
>>
>>8950945
is this also your post OP?
>>
it's pretty dumb, you got that right
>>
McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning is good
>>
I put sausage gravy on rice/potatoes
>>
Peanut butte and mayonnaise sandwiches
Mayonnaise on eggs.

Ketchup on hash browns, and sometimes with potato chips.
Ketchup on boiled cabbage, and sometimes on sauerkraut.
>>
>>
>>8950714
The seasoning is good but I wouldn't sub it for everything imo
>>
>>8950714
>>8952619

It has MSG in it
>>
Vinegar on everything.

Everything.
>>
>>8953768
Like I said, it's good, ya fuckin soccermom
>>
>>8953768
[citation needed]
>>
>>8950714
i put cayenne and jalapeno in everything i can manage no matter what it is

but sriracha can go fuck itself because it just vinegary shit
>>
Spreading peanut butter on a bagel and microwaving it until it burns part of the peanut butter/bagel.

Don't judge me until you try it.
>>
>>8951850
>a classic story by Shakespeare
This is so fucking stupid and ignorant on so many levels.
>>
>>8953807
it's pretty impossible for me to not add some kind of acid to pretty much everything, unless it's like scrambled eggs and toast or some shit like that.
>>
>>8950714
Eggs scrambled on low heat with hoisin sauce mixed in
Super soft and sweet, almost dessert-like
Seriously considering trying it with fruits at some point
>>8953654
>Ketchup on hash browns
Do you put it on your fries too?
The rest is pretty neat though
>>
>>8953904
you think sriracha is super vinegary? I'm totally fine if you just don't like it but it triggers me that you're just wrong.
>>
>>8953915
well whatever the fuck that flavour is

it's like someone distilled capsaicin and then made it even more generic
>>
>>8953921
I definitely don't think it's the best but I don't hate it that much. it's really good for asian dishes like stir fried noodles and stuff. or even tomato sauce.
>>
>>8953940
i've had it in both of those and i still hate it, there's got to be something in the flavour profile that just makes it utterly suck for me because of some secondary association... and as much as i shit on the vinegariness that i perceive, i fucking love vinegar on fries and on fish
>>
>>8953947
I will give you that it is definitely more bland than like, a million other sauces you can use. I don't think it's unbalanced though. it just kind of doesn't do a lot.
>>
File: charlie.jpg (3MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
charlie.jpg
3MB, 3456x2304px
I don't know if it's weird, but I don't think a lot of people do it for whatever reason. Savoury oatmeal. It's like risotto, but it doesn't take an hour to make and it's healthier.

Was trying to kick sweets a while ago, and I started just making plain oatmeal, then adding salt and hot sauce. I usually make it with broth now. I like adding frozen peas. Sometimes lots of garlic.
>>
>>8953987
Nice. I've been dabbling with it lately but I can't quite get it to work. I tend to start with peanut butter though so that might be the problem
>>
>>8953807
This but with lemon, i cant eat without lemon with my meals, specially tacos
>>
I hate ketchup and mayo and most hot sauces. I hate generic Louisiana hot sauce, tapatio, cholula, sriracha, etc. The only common hot sauce I like it Tabasco. It all just tastes too sugary for me.
>>
When I roast meat I like to make small cuts to put thin vertical slices of garlic in them. Actually ends up pretty tasty.
>>
I can't taste bitterness at all. It's congenital. We've tested it with me eating American Beautyberries-- humans and deer aren't supposed to be able to stomach them because of the plant's chemical defense. Molars would grind up their seeds, so it's supposed to be a birds-only food. I fucking love those berries.

As a result, a lot of things I make for myself taste good to me, but are horrifically bitter to any curious bystanders. I only go off recipies when cooking for others.

I also add enough garlic to everything for it to count as as a vegetable. If the recipie says two cloves, they secretly mean two heads, right?

I also burn the almighty fuck out of things if I'm not going to share them. I like the crunch and the carmelized and smoky bits of anything. Meat, bread, vegetables, you name it. I probably wish it was burned.
>>
>put Kraft single on buttered bread
>Toast it until it becomes a black bubble
>eat
>>
>>8954343
my dude i fucking LOVE garlic, everyone i cook for complains that i put too much garlic in but i can't help it
>>
>>8953735
I unironically love this on burgers.

Makes my whole kitchen smell funny though
>>
>>8950714
protip: montreal and olive oil is a fantastic mixture to rub on meat before you cook it
>>
File: 1477428442118.jpg (132KB, 630x395px) Image search: [Google]
1477428442118.jpg
132KB, 630x395px
>cook ramen noodles (not the cheapest kind, the slightly more expensive dry kind)
>toss hot noodles in bowl with butter, freshly grated parmesan cheese, black pepper, chili flake, dried oregano

Sounds dumb but it's really delicious and takes like 3 minutes to make
>>
>>8954343
Wow, I've never heard of anybody being unable to taste bitter. That means you get to eat dandelion greens, mustard greens, and broccoli rabe with reckless abandon. Coffee only ever tastes sweet to you. I guess I'm slightly jelly in a way.
>>
>>8951850
Get this dumb bullshit out of here. I hate the "white people dun season dey food" meme but I also saw that post on /pol/ and thought it was pure cringe. Not screenshot material
>>
Put soy sauce where it doesn't really belong. In spanish rice, in beans, in chicken soup, on fried eggs, in curries and lentil dishes, even on pasta. It's a quick and easy way to add a little umami that you wouldn't get just using salt.
>>
>>8950714
Hot sauce in mashed potatoes
Bread instead of buns for hot dogs
Freezing pickle juice and eating it like a snowcone
Only eat plain cheeseburgers
Hate mustard
>>
File: 4ac.jpg (72KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
4ac.jpg
72KB, 621x621px
>>8955446
>Freezing pickle juice and eating it like a snowcone
>>
>>8955417
>umami
*savory
>>
>>8955327
this might be a retarded question but is montreal steak spice used to make le classic montreal smoked meat or whatever it is?

you're really making me think over here
>>
File: 1390773462244.jpg (52KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
1390773462244.jpg
52KB, 600x535px
>>8955446
>Hot sauce in mashed potatoes
you're a heathen
>Bread instead of buns for hot dogs
this is the most autistic thing that has EVER been posted on /ck/ other than doubleswee
>Freezing pickle juice and eating it like a snowcone
set your house on fire and take a nap
>Only eat plain cheeseburgers
what the fuck is 'plain' cheese
>Hate mustard
try something like the coarse ground mustard that isn't a mass-produced brand like French's
>>
>>8955613
I misread "plain cheese on burgers."
>>
>>8955417
I came here just to post this. I make gumbo everynow and then and I don't feel it's complete with out Soy Sauce
>>
Lemon juice, soy sauce, and sambal
I put that shit wherever I can. My family acts like im nuts for how much sambal I use too but that shit aint even hot to me

I also buy a bag of those mothers brand chocolate chip cookies, put a few of them in the bottom of a cup, cover with milk, let them sit for a bit, drink the milk, and then stir up the cookies with a spoon until mush and then eat the mush
>>
>>8953987

>sautee diced onions and garlic
>add oats, let em roast a bit
>add broth and cook it till its thick
>add butter and parmesan

fucking delicious
>>
>>8953768
so do literally all tomatoes. don't act like a bitch. msg is great.
>>
>>8954200
mayo and sriracha = sugary

lol what bruh
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.