[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hungry and poor. Lets make some /comfy/ food.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hungry and poor. Lets make some /comfy/ food.
>>
So why are the pictures fuckimg sideways
>>
File: NnoGhN1.gif (1MB, 350x191px) Image search: [Google]
NnoGhN1.gif
1MB, 350x191px
>>
nice worst potato in the world you got there.
>>
>>8945789
it's a roll, you dip
>>
>>8945417
För helvede man, pytt 4 life
>>
File: image.jpg (802KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
802KB, 2592x1936px
>>8945417
Jesus fucking christ.

-ham bone from supermarket deli, AUD$5
-slow cook overnight in 3l water to make ham stock
-remove meat from bone, return meat to stock
-add chopped onion sautéed in oil/butter (AUD$1)
-add 750g dried whole 'blue boiler' peas
-simmer at 85 degrees Celsius for 12 hours, stirring occasionally
-season, serve with buttered toast.

There you go. Get a slow cooker and $10 of ingredients and you get to eat for the better part of a week.

Pic related, have been eating this for 4 days and still have a litre left.

Oh and it causes epic-tier intestinal cleansing, just saying.
>>
>>8947664
Oh no, are you empty house guy?
>>
>>8947664
I gotta move into this Audi place, I can't get that kind of ingredients for $6
>>
File: nekkid 2882.jpg (54KB, 640x403px) Image search: [Google]
nekkid 2882.jpg
54KB, 640x403px
>>8947672
Who? No. New fridge, but can't afford to buy groceries because of how much fridge cost.

Oh, the irony.
>>
>>8945417
is that butter or margarine?
>>
File: angryharuko.jpg (231KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
angryharuko.jpg
231KB, 1440x1080px
>>8947677
Australian dollars (AUD).

Ham bone is literally what's left after the supermarket cuts ham off the bone.

Whole dried peas are 50c a kilo, an onion is 70c, add $3 for bread and $2 for butter.

Australia has some of the most expensive food in the world. We export 70% of the food we grow, mostly to the US, China and Indonesia, so the average bloke like me is competing with 5000 millionaires for food.

You learn pretty quickly under those circumstances how to cook good food for cheap. Pro tip, prepped frozen IKEA potatoes are a waste of time and resources.

If you're poor, it's because you're unemployed. If you're unemployed, you have a resource that's more useful than money- time. Use that time to learn to cook simple fucking recipes from scratch.

Good candidates:
Beef and barley soup. Roast beef bones from your local butcher. Cook in a slow cooker overnight with 3l water. Pick meat and return to stock, discard bones. Sauté finely chopped onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Add bay leaf, peppercorns, meat and stock. Add 300g pearl barley, slow cook overnight. Add a big handful of peas, simmer for 20 minutes, serve.

French onion soup.

Pumpkin and bacon soup.

Chicken and leek soup.

Lentil soup.

Fried cabbage and bacon with mashed potato.

Svinekod med aeble.

Huevos rancheros.

Lamb neck casserole.

Ma po tofu with rice.

Cabbage rolls stuffed with mince and rice served in a tomato purée.

There are dozens, hundreds, fucking thousands of poorfag recipes that people can cook, and OP has fucking IKEA flat pack food. Enraging.
>>
>>8947693
70% butter, 30% canola oil. Best butter product in Norway imo. Can take it directly out of the fridge and use it
>>
>>8945417
Why do you buy that pytt i panne mix? Much cheaper to buy the potatoes and meat separately and cut it yourself.

The frozen peas are very good though. I always use frozen vegetables.
>>
>>8945423
because using a 4chan app sucks
>>
chicken necks, turkey tails, or beef bone for your protein, frozen veggies, rice, and slow cooker. up to you on seasoning. you'll survive
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.