[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FOOD MEMES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 30

I already know this can't taste that good. I don't need to try it. It seems incredibly boring.
>>
>>8941893
Creaminess of the avocado really works with the crunchiness of the toast, and the egg as well.
>>
>>8941893
It tastes exactly like how you think it would - mediocre
>>
>>8941895
I'd rather eat Beans on toast.
>>
>>8941893
Looks fine. Nothing special.

I haven't seen this show up anywhere yet. Where is it being memed?
>>
File: 1494950515817.jpg (54KB, 591x447px) Image search: [Google]
1494950515817.jpg
54KB, 591x447px
>>8941896
it seems so hipster and bland. And apparently this cost over $5
>>
>>8941904
See>>8941906
>>
File: IMG_2352.jpg (135KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2352.jpg
135KB, 1280x960px
avocado toast is a god tier template for breakfast. sometimes you might wanna add garlic, tomatoes, chilli, herbs, anchovies, onions or whatever. but just avocado plus lemon juice plus coarse salt and pepper plus egg, on good tasty toast, is fucking satisfying and goes well with coffee.
>>
>>8941914
you just seem like a hipster coffee shop twat too me.
I'd make something like advocado eggs benedict, rather than toast. That sounds god tier.
>>
>>8941925

how does an english muffin and hollandaise make it any less hipster? seems more grandiose to me.
>>
>>8941936
It seems tasty. Toast imo is a poor choice of bread. Maybe if it was the bread used for bruschetta.
>>
>>8941936
>grandiose = hipster
You for real?
>>
File: 1492350945758 - Copy.png (61KB, 175x161px) Image search: [Google]
1492350945758 - Copy.png
61KB, 175x161px
>>8941914
>>8941893
>>8941906
What pisses me off the most about this, is that people act like it's fucking incredible. Like the flavor is just exquisite.
I imagine the flavor being completely predictable.
>>
>>8941961

>I imagine the flavor being completely predictable.

what the fuck kind of word is 'predictable' in this context

if you know how an avocado and toast taste individually you will be able to predict it. no one is saying it is like some willy wonka shit

>>8941947

>Maybe if it was the bread used for bruschetta.

you sound more pretentious than the people you're dissing on

>>8941949

hipsterdom is grandiose by definition.
>>
File: unnamed (2).png (173KB, 458x321px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).png
173KB, 458x321px
>>8941893
I'll stick to my sous vide bratwurst served on a slightly toasted ciabatta americané
>>
>>8941972
There is nothing more pretentious than a hipster paying 9 dollars for avocado and egg on a piece of toast and pretending to himself it's worth the value.
>>
>>8941972
>dissing on
>on
Do people really talk like this?
>>
>>8941972
>what the fuck kind of word is 'predictable' in this context
It means the flavor is underwhelming and lacks depth to it.

I honestly picture a piece of white buttered toast with a good Jam or Jelly being tastier.
I don't like the flavor of avocado it's very boring. Guacamole is alright but I'd rather have it on something else.
>>
>>8941893

It's pretty tasty, but yeah, it's simple. The kind of thing that's better to make at home.
>>
>>8941986
People have been talking like that since the late 80's, but back then it was just black people. But black culture has been around long enough that it's acceptable and tasteful by white standards, so white children reaching adulthood talk like that now.
>>
>>8941906
>make 25 thousand britbong bucks in three months
>I'm not allowed to eat avocado
I don't even like avocado, but this makes me want to eat it. On toast. With a poached fucking egg.
>>
>>8941982

no one has said anything about paying for it.

>>8941991

>It means the flavor is underwhelming and lacks depth to it.

you can't tell people their food preferences are pretentious and then talk like this.

>I honestly picture a piece of white buttered toast with a good Jam or Jelly being tastier.

i think i can predict how those would taste, anon.
>>
>>8942001
Fucking just eat a real breakfast. Something savory and filling. Now posh guacamole toast.
>>
>>8941972
Cook and post
FAGGOT
>>
>>8942001
Wow we got a bad ass here
>>
>>8942014
People are buying this shit for 8$ in hipster coffee shops. It's become very popular.
>>8942014
>i think i can predict how those would taste, anon.
No you fucking couldn't.
I've had whiskey-peach jam. Predict that flavor you cunt. It's far more exciting than basic avocado on toast with an egg.

Even a regular strawberry jam varies dramatically on how it's made and the brand.
>>
>>8941893
>fat and more fat
americans will defend this
>>
My favorite omelette (besides the classic french omelette) is a filled omelette with avocado, sliced serrano peppers, grilled onions and tomato, and sharp cheese. Fucking delicious.
>>
Why is /pol/ so triggered by hipsters? It's the whole no gf thing, right? If people want to spend their money on expensive brunches, why shouldn't they?
>>
>>8942037

>I've had whiskey-peach jam. Predict that flavor you cunt.

hmmm. whiskey...peach... no you're right, i'm stumped!

>It's far more exciting than basic avocado on toast with an egg.

not to me. cooked fruit is nice and all put it's not what i want in the morning. i like fatty, savoury breakfasts with good texture.

>even a regular strawberry jam varies dramatically on how it's made and the brand.

but any given one is going to be more or less predictable.

point being, shitting on a food for being 'predictable' is the behaviour of a pompous teenaged person who thinks his brain encompasses the entire range of information in the universe.
>>
>>8942001
>i'll do it just to spite you!
what a special child
>>
>>8942022
I don't eat breakfast or lunch.

>>8942027
Goddamn right.
>>
>>8942052
Goddamn right.
>>
>>8942049
>hmmm. whiskey...peach... no you're right, i'm stumped!
You have no idea how that flavor is balanced. You have no idea honey is also an important part. You have no idea how acidic it will be. You have no idea how much the whiskey will lean towards the flavor. It's something you have to experience to fully understand.

>i like fatty, savoury breakfasts with good texture.
I don't know why you like avocado on toast then. not what I think of when I think savory. I think of hearty and meat based breakfasts.

For example. this was a conceptual breakfast dish I made.
>Carbonara Sauce (Beaten eggs and parmesan)
>Italian Sausage
I could have just made 3 eggs and 3 sausages but I wanted it to be very savory so I made a risotto with white wine and chicken stock, with Carbonara sauce for the egg flavor.

Not a pratical breakfast but way better than avocado on toast.
>>
>>8942066
8/10 would eat
>>
>>8942066
That is not a risotto.
>>
>>8942073
Why not?
>>
>>8942069
Thanks lad. It was delicious.
>>
>>8942066
>You have no idea how that flavor is balanced. You have no idea honey is also an important part. You have no idea how acidic it will be. You have no idea how much the whiskey will lean towards the flavor. It's something you have to experience to fully understand.

HAHAHAHA......wow. Could you have your head farther up your own ass?
Not the guy you're talking to, but part of my family has been making and selling jams, preserves, and jellies for several generations now. And, they make a Bourbon Peach conserve that's amazing, but it doesn't take a fucking professional chef to imagine how that would taste. Sure, there's all kinds of other ingredients you can use to add subtle flavors to it, but it's essence is pretty fucking straightforward.

Also, if you've never experienced a savory avocado dish, I feel sorry for you.
>>
File: 1421719241057.jpg (565KB, 1023x767px) Image search: [Google]
1421719241057.jpg
565KB, 1023x767px
>>8942022

>REEEEEE YOU SHOULD ONLY EAT A FULL BREKKIE AND BE FAT LIKE ME
>>
>>8942066

>You have no idea how that flavor is balanced. You have no idea honey is also an important part. You have no idea how acidic it will be.

i think my prediction would be within the margin of error, anon.

but in any case, my point was that no one is picking foods on the basis that they will be 'unpredictable'. especially breakfast.

>I don't know why you like avocado on toast then. not what I think of when I think savory.

i think we can both agree that avocado and poached egg on toast would be categorised as a 'savoury' breakfast. i did not say it was the *most* savoury breakfast.

>Not a pratical breakfast but way better than avocado on toast.

nine times out of ten i would choose avocado toast over a relatively elaborate cooked breakfast like that.

there is a reason people like avocado on toast. it falls within a nexus of several factors. it's simple to make. it's filling. it's green. it's comforting. and it does have 'depth of flavour', although i think it's pretentious as fuck to bandy that word about like it's really something you think about when you're licking dorito seasoning off your fingers and your brain reward centre is lighting up like christmas.
>>
>>8942085
>Not the guy you're talking to, but part of my family has been making and selling jams, preserves, and jellies for several generations now.
Well because I'm actually more humble than you are, I will admit I have no clue whether or not a Bourbon Peach conserve would lean towards more of a Peach flavor or more of a Bourbon Flavor.

This makes a huge difference. I've tasted red-wine jams which were very subtle and others that were very alcoholic.

Jams flavor isn't a predictable as a fucking avocado. It isn't as bland either.
>>
File: 1490875877669.jpg (99KB, 641x634px) Image search: [Google]
1490875877669.jpg
99KB, 641x634px
>>8942100
>I have no clue whether or not a Bourbon Peach conserve would lean towards more of a Peach flavor or more of a Bourbon Flavor.
Depends how much peach and how much bourbon you put in.
>>
>>8942100

it is fucking hilarious how you have allowed yourself to get cucked into a retarded argument over whether an avocado has the same range of flavour as the fucking concept of jam.
>>
>>8942095
>nine times out of ten i would choose avocado toast over a relatively elaborate cooked breakfast like that.

I wouldn't choose avocado on toast, but I agree my breakfast isn't practical at all. It's godlike and delicious though.

>it's simple to make. it's filling. it's green. it's comforting. and it does have 'depth of flavour',
I say depth of flavour to mean savory. And I don't think avocado on toast is that savory desu. Even with a poached egg. It honestly seems like a relatively light flavor for breakfast.

>>8942112
>Depends how much peach and how much bourbon you put in.
Which means the flavor isn't as predicable as an avocado or egg. I'd have to taste it to see if it met my expectations
>>
>>8942123
>Which means the flavor isn't as predicable as an avocado or egg. I'd have to taste it to see if it met my expectations
Dunno why you're talking about avocados and eggs, mate. I just like peaches in my bourbon.
>>
>>8942129
I brought it up to counter someones point. I complained about avocado and eggs being boring and predictable.

Not something that's very exciting too the tongue. If you weren't a fan of avocado you wouldn't see much of a reason to eat it.

I said a jam on toast would be tastier imo, and more exciting. Because you can't predict Jam!
>>
>>8942123

> It honestly seems like a relatively light flavor for breakfast.

yes, i would agree with that, and that is part of the appeal as far as i'm concerned. i don't think savoury and light are mutually exclusive, a tomato is savoury and light, so is a consomme or even like a salade nicoise.

>>8942147

>you can't predict Jam!

let this go out to any vulnerable, impressionable youths reading this thread before making any hasty commitments to breakfast habits that could ruin their lives years down the line: you absolutely can predict jam. do not let that influence your decisions.
>>
>>8942147

>If you weren't a fan of avocado you wouldn't see much of a reason to eat it.

STOP THE PRESSES

PARTICIPANTS WHO DID NOT LIKE AVOCADO WERE 42% MORE LIKELY TO NOT LIKE AVOCADO ON TOAST
>>
>>8942159
Savory is more closely associated with hearty rustic dishes.
>>
>>8942159
Can I just say.....Avocado is one of the least savory ingredients imaginable. It's flavor is so timid.

I wouldn't describe the flavor of a poached egg as very savory either, though it is more savory than avocado.
>>
>>8942185
Timid?? Fucking timid? What kind of bullshit is that to describe a flavor?
>>
>>8942192
He's anthropomorphising it. It's pretentious.
>>
>>8942180

i only meant the term savoury to mean the broad category of dishes most directly and conventionally contrasted with desserts. jam on toast is closer to the dessert side of the spectrum and that's not my preference.

>>8942185

>Avocado is one of the least savory ingredients imaginable.

the breakfast preparation of avocado on toast tends to be more savoury though. i'm sure there are some people who like to sweeten it, just like it is common to add brown sugar to halved avocadoes, but the breakfast preparation the thread seems to be talking about is a savoury one. salt is usually added along with other savoury ingredients.
>>
>>8942038
are you retarded
avocados fats are very healthy for you
just like nut fats
you can eat nothing but fats like that and still be slender/fit because you don't eat garbage food
educate yourself
>>
>>8942022
>implying my breakfast doesn't include several courses containing avocado toast, oatmeal with chia, flax seeds, hemp hearts, various nuts, and fruit + cinnamon or cacao for flavor, and finally a smoothie using fruits and spirulina or chlorella

goml pleb
>>
File: 964.png (764KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
964.png
764KB, 600x719px
>>8942260
>>
>>8942066
>sweet sausage
>carbonara sauce
>risotto

the fuck is this
>>
File: 1475900304261.jpg (65KB, 634x535px) Image search: [Google]
1475900304261.jpg
65KB, 634x535px
>le white people can't cook meme

Fuck off you black shit
Who cares if whites don't season their Turkey with cayenne and paprika and BBQ sauce?

We season our BRAINS with literature.
The greatest seasoning to whites is a classic story by Shakespeare. I don't need to coat my chicken wings in black pepper when I can coat my IQ in the works of literary giants, all of whom are my fellow whites.

A nigger requires his 'Senegaliese 50 spice' to make his fucking disgusting brain experience anything that isn't 'feel the urge to mug someone and steal their Air Jordans'. A white person cannot get anything from spice. We need documentaries, and books and music.

I have a phrase

'The blackest in society are the lightest of brain. The whitest in society explore the darkest depths of human emotion, in their art'.

It sums this up nicely.
>>
>>8942434
gay post
>>
>>8942373
really activates my almonds
>>
>>8942373
>>
>>8942434
This post gave me and my family AIDS and cancer.
>>
>>8942001
What do you do for a living anon?
>>
>>8942381
it's risotto carbonara without the pancetta.
It tasted godlike btw.

There's 1 sweet italian and 2 spiciy italian sausages.
>>
>>8941906

>there are plebes who dont live where ovocados grow
>>
>>8942373
I've always wondered why this asshole eats every other hour like a fatass
>>
>>8941893
I like to toast an "everything" bagel, smash avocado with salt and pepper, and fry my egg instead of poaching it because I'm not afraid of some olive oil calories. I'm very fond of having this for breakfast and probably will have it tomorrow. Good, complex hot sauce takes it a step further, or sometimes I'll skip the sauce and put sliced chipotles en adobo on it.

I don't know what people are saying about $5 or $9 for it, maybe if you buy it at a restaurant, but I'll make avocado bagels with egg and hot sauce for me and bae for about a buck thirty per person.
>>
>>8941893
Avocado a shit, I've never understood the hype
>>
>>8941893
probably
tempted to do it, but I really can't be arsed, I put no effort into breakfast most of the time and just pour a bowl of cereal like the worthless cunt that I am

@8942434
>my tastebuds are underdeveloped and I'm a pretentious faggot
wew lad
>>
File: 1489971525698.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1489971525698.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>8941947
>Toast imo is a poor choice of bread.
>>
>>8943440
don't worry man, you can just get some good jam or jelly and use that shit instead.

It will probably taste better on toast.
>>
File: IMG_7671.jpg (72KB, 480x483px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7671.jpg
72KB, 480x483px
>>8941893
*blocks your path*
>>
>>8943471
poncy bread for a poncy meal. Not toast.
I don't care what 52 grain shit piece of toast you pu on it. It would taste better on an english muffin or french bread.
>>
>>8941906

who the fuck is buying so many avocados to where they can't afford a house like nigga they're a dollar
>>
>>8943591
the issue is people are buying this in coffee shops and not making it themselves.
>>
>>8943161
Nobody wants to live in Mexico, sorry
>>
>Getting triggered by a good source of protein and monounsaturated fats because it's popular

Literally contrarianism
>>
>>8943669
it's popular among contrarian hipster coffee bar faggots.
it's fucking bland and boring ye twat.
>>
I work in central London and I've never heard of this shit. To be fair, I never eat out and always bring my own food in, so maybe that's why.
>>
>>8943736
it's a piece of toast with an egg and some avocado on it. I mean, who the fuck told you it was their favorite meal they've ever had?
>>
File: _DSC2488-M.jpg (59KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC2488-M.jpg
59KB, 600x446px
>>8941893
MAKE WAY FOR TRUE MEME FOOD

These suuuuuuuck dick.
>>
File: 4534324.jpg (55KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
4534324.jpg
55KB, 480x480px
>>8941906
>that face when I literally have an avocado tree on my backyard

feels good to be Mexican
>>
>>8941893
That shit would be delicious. Especially if you mix up the avocado with some goat cheese to a smooth consistency.
>>
>>8943786
why do whites have an infatuation with avocado so much?
It's bland as fuck. No that would not be delicious. Stop talking about it like it's fucking incredible
>>
>>8943584
bacon wrapped egg stuffed avocado?

now that's memes
>>
>>8941893
Looks tastey to me, id add some crab meat.
>>
>>8941991
If the flavor is underwhelming how is it predictable? If it's predictable, it'd just be whelming.

What I find most interesting is the fact that you have to speculate. What sort of flyover do you live in where this hasn't been a common breakfast food for at least three years?
>>
>>8944115
San Diego.
>>
>>8942951
I'm a doctor.
>>
>>8942373
2nd emu war when?
>>
>>8942047
Yuppies/"hipsters" are wasteful retards that will buy anything thats trendy. Its ok to mock them
>triggered means mocking or not liking something
No. And it seems likely youre the one who wouldve said "triggered" years ago unironically before it became a meme phrase
>>
>avocado toast

i fucking hate almost all othe rpeople in the human race because of shit like this

>take glorious toast
>crisp, crunchy, yet doughy and yielding, soft and easily torn
>the canonical mate of butter
>add fucking AVOCADO to it
>LITERALLY COVER THE ENTIRE TOAST WITH 1 INCH THICK OF AVOCADO

who the fuck thinks avocado tastes good?? why does everyone who likes avocado act like it's the most exquisite flavor on earth? avocado is fucking disgusting
>>
>>8944275
>shits on avocado
>sucks spread butter's dick
Have you ever tried an avocado? Or butter, for that matter?
>>
>>8944291
Fuck off with your bland meme food. Avocado is shit. It is only good in guacamole it isn't pungent enough to act as it's own spread. Butter is more flavorful

Not him btw.
>>
>>8941906
millennials are fucking retards. they don't even deserve to live.
>>
>>8944291
butter is fucking amazing how are you even trying to step to the taste of fucking butter???

buttered toast is one of lifes great, simple pleasures and this faggot shit is a direct attack on that

this toast directly represents gender sliders in video games replacing dads playing catch with sons
>>
>>8941997
>acceptable and tasteful by white standards
Maybe your white standards
>>
>>8944275
Sounds like you've had some horrid Hass avocados that are musky and overripened
>>
>>8944429
even a fresh avocado is bland. Knock off the bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_0855.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0855.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
YES
>>
File: IMG_0856.jpg (56KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0856.jpg
56KB, 480x640px
YES!
>>
File: IMG_0857.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0857.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
YES!!
>>
File: IMG_0858.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0858.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
YES!!!
>>
>>8944301
Agree with this. Avocado is a great fat when mixed with lime, onion, coriander and salt to give it flavour. Pretty bland other words.
>>
File: IMG_0859.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0859.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
YES!!!!
>>
File: IMG_0860.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0860.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
YES!!!!!
>>
>>8944553
>the bread looks shitty
Could be godlike if it was just egg and beans on toast.

Bullshit /10
>>
>>8944553
Needs meat.
>>
>>8944553
Would be better without the eggs.
>>
You guys probably don't know, but NZ currently has an avocado black market going on. Shit's in high demand and expensive as fuck.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/15/avocado-thieves-shortage-crime-fruit-black-market-new-zealand
>>
>>8941893
so this american memedish is the reason why you all call avocado a meme?
>>
>>8944590
no. it always has been a meme. You put it on shit and it doesn't really provide anything other than an extremely mild taste, and creamy texture.

It's a boring addition to any dish. Youd be better off adding guac.
>>
>>8944604
wait, so you think meme means bland?
i wouldn't say extremely mild taste but what's wrong with mild tastes? mild tastes are amazing if you have the palette for it
>>
>>8944604
>implying anything provides more than taste and texture
>>
>>8944630
Has palette become a joke or do people really not know the difference? I can never tell with these things.
>>
>>8944637
Hows about odor. Avocado doesn't really have a smell.
>>
>>8942434
You're a fucking pretentious larper.
I'd be surprised if you graduated high school.
>>
>>8941898
Youre loss senpai
>>
Be best to wipe out the shitty meme fruit anyways
>>
>hating avocado because hipsters exist
It's toast with some fucking spread
Have you never seen avocado spread?
Do you not like fatty acids fiber and protein in the morning?
No one's claiming it's the second coming but you've got this one autistic claiming that avocados areally the white devil
>>
>>8944696
Beans on Toast has more variety. How much is the flavor of an avocado with egg going to vary?
>>
>>8944736
>Do you not like fatty acids fiber and protein in the morning?
I like beans on toast nigger. I don't engage in psuedo-delicious food.
>>
>>8944751

how much is the flavour of beans on toast going to vary?

what the fuck are you even saying?
>>
>>8944759
>black beans
>pinto beans
>lima beans
>kidney beans
Should I continue? Because you can make beans on toast with a variety of beans. You can also add bacon to the beans .

It could vary wildly. Think of all the beans in the world. Now picture them on toast.
>>
>>8944760

oh so you're comparing a single ingredient to a fucking concept again.

we shouldn't eat butter on toast because it's less varied than oil. we shouldn't eat carrots because they're less varied than fucking stew. you're talking nonsense.
>>
>>8941893
I make this like every day.

It's great.
>>
Do you guys really put butter on toast that much? I switched to peanut butter years ago and it's much tastier.
>>
>>8943597
I work at a place that sells avocado toast and I promise you it's not any poor people that can't afford housing that are buying it.

Hell the poor don't even go to coffee shops. They make store brand folgers and a 10 buck mccoffee pot from walmart and do it at home. But besides that trust me poor people know how to use a toaster and cook and egg and lay it on some avocado. Rich folks don't.

This is probably just some rich asshole that went to some rich asshole restaurant, looked at the menu saying avocado toast 11$, and because the born wealthy have the shittiest concept of money he thinks there's no difference between 11 bucks or 11,000. Plus he's have a shitfest cause it's also tax month.
>>
Why is avocado such a meme lately?

I ask as a beaner that's been eating avocado erry day since babyhood. I don't care if it's on egg toast or whatever I'm just wondering why it's such a thing among white people lately. Ya'll been driving up the price of the damn thing with your bullshit.
>>
>>8944804

why is millennials mistaking the enduring and pervasive popularity of an item in mainstream culture for an emerging trend developing from entrenched ignorance as their awareness of the world around them increases and they begin to wrestle with the fact that they are not special and they are not uniquely privileged to the experience of life and selfhood like they thought they were throughout their childhood a meme?
>>
>>8941906
Millionaire isn't even impressive anymore, this guy should care less about millennials and more about the oil spill happening on his 6 finger forehead.
>>
>>8944777
Don't ask me "how much is the flavour of beans on toast going to vary?" If you don't want the answer faggot.
>>
>>8941982
Except for people who give so many shits about it they have to fucking bitch about it. Who cares about idiots being parted with their money?
>>
>>8944827
I live around fucking idiots like this. It drives me off my head.
>>
Never had avocado toast. Is it nice?

Doesn't seem like this fad took off in my country
>>
>>8944853
it's as you'd expect it would be. If you know how toast, avocado, and an egg taste seperately.
Picture the flavors combined.

Don't buy the hype.
>>
>>8944853
It's pretty tasty, you should figure out for yourself if you like it.

Also don't believe the >$9 shit

$1 an avocado, $1 for 12 eggs, X for the seasonings. That's it.
>>
>>8944828
Why do you give a shit what other people do? Worry about your own stupid ass. There's plenty of bullshit you do that you don't even notice.
>>
>>8944853
It's literally better than jesus's cum.
>>
>>8944860

>don't buy the hype

nigger shut the actual FUCK up it is actually making me mad that people can sperg out about the popularity of a breakfast item. 'don't buy the hype' is something you say when there's some actual risk of being defrauded, just buying a fucking avocado and putting it on toast is not getting scammed you cretin

>>8944826

you know there are different kinds of avocados, different kinds of toast, and different ways of preparing the avocado right?
>>
>>8942373
>homemade coconut.
What?
>>
>>8942434

gay and fake and aids
>>
>>8944898

learn to read newspaper format
>>
>>8944869
People are talking about how much it costs to buy it in a restaurant. Like, no shit, they're trying to make money. And the markup on this is still nowhere near the markup on something like soda or coffee. What's the big deal?
>>
>>8942434
> classic story by Shakespeare

Shakespeare didn't write stories. He wrote poems and plays.
>>
>>8942081
>why not

How so?
>>
>>8944802
He's only a millionaire, he's not even particularly rich.
>>
>>8942088
Those tomatoes wasn't baked with the pizza, was they?
Also, what's the black thingies?
>pizza without pineapple, what a scrub
>>
>>8944918
>Plays and poems don't have stories in them.

You meant prose.
>>
>>8941893
Autism: The Thread
>>
>>8944912
just 4chan being 4chan

manchildren everywhere
>>
>>8944804
Shortages are driving up the prices you dummy
>>
>>8944544
Literally barfed at this step
>>
>>8943584

hurts my stomach just to look at it
>>
File: 1492354696881.png (21KB, 420x591px) Image search: [Google]
1492354696881.png
21KB, 420x591px
>>8944546
>avocado and tomatoes
adding anything else will ruin it
>>
>>8943591
they're $3 where i live
ich bin ein brooklyner
>>
>>8941893
good w/ enough salt n peppa
>>
>>8944888
>you know there are different kinds of avocados, different kinds of toast, and different ways of preparing the avocado right?
People tend to use the same ones though.
I haven't tried enough to tell you if others have a naturally better flavor.

Most Americans just use Hass and leave it at that.
>>
>>8941906
que tal esta gonorrea, dizque no comer aguacate! haganme el granhijueputa favor, la vida sin aguacate no tiene sentido, bobo marica.
>>
>>8943584
disgusting facebook meme recipe.
>>
>>8941895
The avocado and the egg yolk just end up competing in too similar of a contest. Both are fatty, rich, and thick with a heavy bland flavor profile and nothing to balance.

Avocado is the kind of topping I would swap the egg out for if some faggot wanted a vegetarian breakfast toast.
>>
SOPA
>>
>>8941980
Sous vide is in a plastic bag you mongoloid.
>>
meme memefood meme wi pipo meme memefood
>>
>>8941895
I eat avocado toast everyday. The whole grain bread quality it's what makes all the difference though. I like to sprinkle some smoked chili and black pepper to my egg.
It's fairly cheap and only quite satisfying. I have lost weight actually (I'm 1.64/50 kg).
>>
>>8944802
actually that asshole is right
if you look at average millenial spending it's inane
>1300+ on shitty apartment rent
>low end car with insane maintainence costs because they can't do anything for themselves
>$3 coffee and $4 avocado toast every day
>food delivery costs in the hundreds a month because they can't grocery shop or cook
>$100s spent on weed a month

the largest block in credit and loans has become car loans and student loans (an overtake done by millennials in the last year) where previously it was always in houses. Millennials are literally on track for a credit economy collapse as they can't keep their lifestyle going on their shit degree while they have ZERO savings or generated material/property wealth. As worker productivity plummets as the advanced technicians and mechanically skilled folk retire out of manufacturing jobs and getting replaced by shit work ethic millennials all trying to be writers and baristas with $40,000 in student loan debt- those millennials are going to run into economic catastrophe as they all start having LIFE show up with age.
>>
>>8944243
actual wagecuck
>>
>>8943591
no one, the guy is divorced from reality
>>
>>8941961
Fucking try it and then deveople an opinion, you absolute retard. How do people like you exist? You're not allowed an opinion if you've literally never tried a thing.
>>
>>8947413
Thing is I don't have to try it.
I can have an opinion without trying it, because it's flavor is so basic.

I've had eggs benedict with poached egg and avocado, that was good. I'm positive it being on top toast without hollandaise sauce will not be an improvement.
>>
>>8946778

>nothing to balance.

you add lemon juice

and eggs are not that fatty

>>8947422

>I've had eggs benedict with poached egg and avocado, that was good.

adding hollandaise and using an english muffin does not depretentiousise this meal, anon
>>
>>8947435
It makes it worth the hype to be honest. It also had chorizo and carnitas on it as well.
I don't mind the pretentiousness of eggs benedict.
I do have a problem with hipsters smearing bland avocado on shitty wheat toast and putting an egg on top, and acting like it's delicious.

There's a difference between something tasting nice and being "Delicious".
>>
bacon would complete it.
>>
>>8947444

>There's a difference between something tasting nice and being "Delicious".

i think the main thing is that it's significantly above average in terms of flavour for something you can make fresh in a minute. it's also vegetarian.
>>
>>8947454
smart man
>>8947455
>vegetarian
The only good part about this dish, which i assume is it's appeal is that it's healthy.
>>
>>8944888
faggot
>>
>>8947385
>>8943591
>>8943597
>>8941961
>>8942001
you retards the guy is australian

a retarded "brunch" like 'smashed avo" at any place costs 20 dollars

this at a time where housing affordability in Australia is a very big problem right now

holy sghit you are all idiot americans or american tier IQ
>an avacado here costs 2.50AUD on SALE
its usually 4dollars for ONE AVOCADO at most grocery stores

kill yourselves
>>
File: 14945579498787.jpg (21KB, 291x258px) Image search: [Google]
14945579498787.jpg
21KB, 291x258px
>>8947871
>its usually 4dollars for ONE AVOCADO at most grocery stores
Ridiculous price for such bland food.
>>
>>8947887
It really is, Australia is expensive as shit and the fresh food doesnt even taste like anything

>TOMATOS SHOULD HAVE A FLAVOUR GODDAMIT

I'm so fucking glad im going back to my shitty balkan country in a few weeks

>at the least you can taste the fruits and vegetables there
>>
File: DoppioNormal.png (123KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
DoppioNormal.png
123KB, 240x240px
>>8943802
With sweet chili sauce avocado is fantastic.
>>
>>8947936
That sounds like an avocado based sauce.
>>
>>8942214
>vomiting what he has been told
>tells me to educate myself
lmao
>>
>>8947997
>anon on seekay doesnt even know what keto is

gtfo pls
>>
>>8947094
>implying
>>
>>8941893

Shit's tasty. Better if you toast a tortilla solid and have a layer of refried beans, though. Have some chopped onion too, prolly diced jalapeno, ect, ect.

I mean, I don't have anything against just throwing some guac and an egg on toast, but I'd rather trick mine out and go full Tex-mex.

>>8941906

What kind of shitty place to you live where Avocados are a luxury, they're like a fucking dollar. Two dollars for a giganto one that's like 400 fucking calories.
>>
>>8948336
>>8948336
i hate american faggots that dont read the thread so much

see >>8947871

now never come back here
>>
>>8947373
>all this boomer projection
>>
>>8945666
I live in brooklyn and i buy avocados for 50 cents-$1. The food carts and aldi is your friend. Dont fucking shop at whole memes
>>
>>8944304
>eating butter outside of cooking
Found the flyover/boomer/super white person
>>
File: stop buying avocado toast.png (199KB, 292x336px) Image search: [Google]
stop buying avocado toast.png
199KB, 292x336px
>>8941893
Stop buying avocado toast.
>>
>>8941893
get rid of the advacado and its pretty good
>>
File: 1494183112074.jpg (217KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
1494183112074.jpg
217KB, 600x596px
>>8941906
My mommy loves in Fallbrook, CA the avocado capital of world (except mexico)

mfw free avocaddies when poorfags spend $3 on a single one
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494143741394.jpg (19KB, 531x531px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494143741394.jpg
19KB, 531x531px
Need definition on hipster food

>be me
>be pinoy
>sisig = pork ears, mask; grilled and crispy or in vinegar-pork broth
>famous anon opens shop devoted to "real sisig experience"
>natural instinct is try stuff
>boiled, lightly fried pork belly in spicy mayo dressing served with spicy vinegar on side
>I paid $3 for this shit
>Runs home to buy gudshit homestyle sisig for $1

inb4 anon is faggot
>>
>>8947435
>you add lemon juice
yeah, I mean it certainly helps but I still think its a redundancy and lemon juice isnt all that great with the poached egg
>and eggs are not that fatty
the yolk is, which is what is supposed to run into the bread and make it tasty, but now you have a shitty avocado barrier getting in the way
>>
>>8948857

> lemon juice isnt all that great with the poached egg

not my opinion

>the yolk is, which is what is supposed to run into the bread and make it tasty, but now you have a shitty avocado barrier getting in the way

they mix together in your mouth, anon.

i can accept all these things as being your own preference but none of them make the food 'hipster' anon.
>>
>>8948888
well, I can't argue with them quads. I guess you win this round, friendo
>>
I wish I had an avacado right now just to put it on toast.
>>
>>8941906
Better advice:
If you want to buy a home, stop living in trendy fucking cities where a gallon of milk costs $5
>>
>>8949972
make guac
>>
>>8941893
Cheese is literally a meme. Only faggy meme-spouting dipshits actually eat cheese.
>>
>>8942022
Theres nothing "posh" about this. It's just egg, avocado spread on toast. Its a balanced breakfast with healthy fats, whole grain, vitamins and minerals packed with decent protein. What's so wrong with this?
>>
>>8941893
I have a hard time believing that this is anything more than half-assed, under-seasoned guacamole on bread. People are willingly spending $5 on this, but bitch that Chipotle charges extra.

And people still wonder why white people are stereotyped as not seasoning their food.
>>
Montreal spice mix is the meme seasoning.
>>
>>8941893

I'd eat it

In private with nobody looking
>>
File: 1494990966618.jpg (22KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1494990966618.jpg
22KB, 320x320px
ITT
>>
>>8943769

cloud eggs.. lmfao people will buy anything for instagram
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.