[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your experience with shrimp paste?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: bagoong.jpg (149KB, 960x645px) Image search: [Google]
bagoong.jpg
149KB, 960x645px
>gf is south east asian
>she has left to see her family
>suggest me to cook some meal from her country
>one of the ingredients is shrimp paste
>buys some from the nearby Asian marked and goes home
>opens it
>"OOOOOH MY FUCKING GOODNESS WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SMELL"
>tells her over chat the shrimp paste is spoiled
>"lol no it's supposed to be like that"
>try to make the meal with it
>couldn't eat much because I couldn't stand the smell
Neighbors actually thought there was a dead cat in their garden, that's how bad it smelt apparently

>gf comes back, and tries to use the shrimp paste again for some meal
>this time it doesn't really smell so bad
>it actually tastes pretty decent

And nowadays, I almost always have to add shrimp paste to everything seafood related that is from Maritime South East Asia

How does this meme-ingredient work, from smelling like a corpse the first time you sniff it, into becoming a crucial flavor?
>>
Roast it first, then smash it in with small chili peppers and shallots. Can't get enough desu
>>
>>8941475
By roast, I mean you can simply cut a block and place them beside an open stove or place them near source of heat. The smell ahould lessen then.

Grind it witb those two ingredients, and eat witb white rice.
>>
>>8941482
It doesn't smell bad to me any longer
I even occasionally sniff the glass before adding it

Maybe the first time, it had some shitty gasses in it
>>
I can't eat any kind of rice without shrimp paste

I too found it like poison the first time I smelled it, but now the aroma is necessary for most of the stuff I cook
>>
>>8941451
>left to see her family
Keep telling yourself that
>>
Smells rank.

Tastes awesome.
>>
>>8941879
dude wtf you saying? Of course she had to go see her family. I had to take care of her son while she visited his father

Fucking bigot
>>
>>8941887
:^)
>>
>>8941887
>mfw people will fall for this

Anyway nice joke, you made me laugh at least.
>>
File: 1493580438429.png (123KB, 302x171px) Image search: [Google]
1493580438429.png
123KB, 302x171px
>>8941917
>>mfw people will fall for this
>no face
>>
>>8941965
You're new to 4chan, aren't you?
>>
>>8941965
You're supposed to imagine the face he's making behind the computer keyboard
>>
File: 353242.jpg (18KB, 400x365px) Image search: [Google]
353242.jpg
18KB, 400x365px
>>8941976
>>8941971
guys it's a joke too
>>
>>8941451
>becoming a crucial flavor?

It's because you associate the taste with your girlfriend, now. Associating something with sex is a powerful way to overcome revulsion, at least when you haven't just orgasmed within the last few minutes.
>>
>>8941451
> True story, worked in a Chinese restaurant one day they decide they are going to cook with shrimp paste for the nightly cooks/server meal. Smell is unbelievable, I literally check the restrooms to make sure there is not a clogged overflowed toilet. You couldn't pay me to eat that. I've eaten Durian without even wincing.
>>
>>8943376
> I can greentext unnecessarily too
>>
>>8941451
>Viet gf
>Every fucking Viet friend of hers constantly asks if I can eat Viet food
>She tells them yes
>Tell me to stay away from shrimp paste
>Too white for it
>Bitch, I grew up on the ocean
>Taste it for the first time, straight from the jar
>Tastes like shrimpy Vegemite, and delicious

They can fuck off with their secret club bullshit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.